Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue
Sign in using an external account

Old Mar 1, 12, 5:28 am   #1

E voucher

I had some disruption to a flight last year, and was awarded an "e" voucher to the tune of 350, as was my daughter. I had hoped, rather like a TCV to combine the two and let my daughter use them for a trip to the Far east this year, but having spoken to FB this morning, they can only be used in the name in which they are awarded, not by a 3rd party i.e. my daughter.

As ALL of my travel is for business, and paid for by my employer, a 350 voucher to me is worthless.

In lieu, they have offered me 20,000 miles. Good deal or bad deal ? At least I can use the miles to get a reward ticket for my daughter..........
Old Mar 1, 12, 5:44 am   #2

Programs: FB Plat, Petroleum Club, M&M FT, Hertz 5*, Mas Gold, Best Western Diamond (+ many low tier cards)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tezzer View Post
I had some disruption to a flight last year, and was awarded an "e" voucher to the tune of 350, as was my daughter. I had hoped, rather like a TCV to combine the two and let my daughter use them for a trip to the Far east this year, but having spoken to FB this morning, they can only be used in the name in which they are awarded, not by a 3rd party i.e. my daughter.

As ALL of my travel is for business, and paid for by my employer, a 350 voucher to me is worthless.

In lieu, they have offered me 20,000 miles. Good deal or bad deal ? At least I can use the miles to get a reward ticket for my daughter..........
I reckon the deal is fair enough at 0.0175 per mile. But...did you both get 20k miles? If not it's a bit weak imho...
Old Mar 1, 12, 5:45 am   #3

My daughter got 15,000 miles and a 350 voucher, as did I, but the voucher is of no use to me, as I can't gift it to her, but if I book an award ticket, then the 20,000 miles are of use to me (kind of).
Old Mar 7, 12, 2:24 am   #4

Reluctantly accepted the offer of 20,000 miles, at least I can use them for my daughter's leisure travel, but it has left a nasty taste to be honest, another example of "non monsieur, I cannot help you".
Old Mar 7, 12, 2:30 am   #5

Programs: Flying Blue - Platinum for life sinds 14-03-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by tezzer View Post
Reluctantly accepted the offer of 20,000 miles, at least I can use them for my daughter's leisure travel, but it has left a nasty taste to be honest, another example of "non monsieur, I cannot help you".
Next time insist in name change on the voucher. They will normally allow this once!
Meneer Guggenheimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 12, 5:56 am   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meneer Guggenheimer View Post
Next time insist in name change on the voucher. They will normally allow this once!
I did ask and was given an impolite "non".

On a normal TCV you can do it, but not it seems on the new E vouchers.