Community
Wiki Posts
Search

E voucher

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2012, 5:28 am
Original Poster

E voucher

I had some disruption to a flight last year, and was awarded an "e" voucher to the tune of £350, as was my daughter. I had hoped, rather like a TCV to combine the two and let my daughter use them for a trip to the Far east this year, but having spoken to FB this morning, they can only be used in the name in which they are awarded, not by a 3rd party i.e. my daughter.

As ALL of my travel is for business, and paid for by my employer, a £350 voucher to me is worthless.

In lieu, they have offered me 20,000 miles. Good deal or bad deal ? At least I can use the miles to get a reward ticket for my daughter..........
Old Mar 1, 2012, 5:44 am

Programs: FB Plat for life, FB PC, M&M FT, Hertz President (+ many low tier cards)
Originally Posted by tezzer
I had some disruption to a flight last year, and was awarded an "e" voucher to the tune of £350, as was my daughter. I had hoped, rather like a TCV to combine the two and let my daughter use them for a trip to the Far east this year, but having spoken to FB this morning, they can only be used in the name in which they are awarded, not by a 3rd party i.e. my daughter.

As ALL of my travel is for business, and paid for by my employer, a £350 voucher to me is worthless.

In lieu, they have offered me 20,000 miles. Good deal or bad deal ? At least I can use the miles to get a reward ticket for my daughter..........
I reckon the deal is fair enough at £0.0175 per mile. But...did you both get 20k miles? If not it's a bit weak imho...
Old Mar 1, 2012, 5:45 am
Original Poster

My daughter got 15,000 miles and a £350 voucher, as did I, but the voucher is of no use to me, as I can't gift it to her, but if I book an award ticket, then the 20,000 miles are of use to me (kind of).
Old Mar 7, 2012, 2:24 am
Original Poster

Reluctantly accepted the offer of 20,000 miles, at least I can use them for my daughter's leisure travel, but it has left a nasty taste to be honest, another example of "non monsieur, I cannot help you".
Old Mar 7, 2012, 2:30 am

Programs: Flying Blue
Originally Posted by tezzer
Reluctantly accepted the offer of 20,000 miles, at least I can use them for my daughter's leisure travel, but it has left a nasty taste to be honest, another example of "non monsieur, I cannot help you".
Next time insist in name change on the voucher. They will normally allow this once!
Old Mar 7, 2012, 5:56 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Meneer Guggenheimer
Next time insist in name change on the voucher. They will normally allow this once!
I did ask and was given an impolite "non".

On a normal TCV you can do it, but not it seems on the new E vouchers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.