Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue
Reload this Page >

"Platinum Elite Public Relations" on passenger manifest

Old Feb 19, 2012, 2:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: KL Platinum

What does this mean? I noticed this printed after several Elite Plus passenger names on the manifest as the trolley was pushed by.
Old Feb 19, 2012, 3:09 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM)

Programs: Flying Blue (AF/KL)
Originally Posted by Victor88
What does this mean? I noticed this printed after several Elite Plus passenger names on the manifest as the trolley was pushed by.
The Passenger Information List (PIL - KLM) does contain certain information regarding passengers. What I have seen:
- CORP: I presume for corporate rates;
- Flying Blue Silver/Gold/Platinum/Platinum for Life;
- Skyteam Elite/Elite Plus.

I would presume that "PE PR" would relate to a gifted Platinum Elite status to important people within companies.
Old Feb 19, 2012, 8:32 pm

Programs: Flying Blue, Mileage Plus
I have a strong hunch this tells them to go and see a passenger and welcome him on board personally.

I haven't had flown with AF for a while, and then recently booked a very long (and very expensive) trip with them in J. A flight attendant came to see me on the CDG-GRU leg and asked if everything was fine. When I asked why she was asking... she told me she has to, because she has my name on the list!

She was kind enough to show that list to me, from memory, here's what they had on it:
- status
- miles balance
- recent % increase in business with AF/KLM (not clear over what period though, but because of the price of that ticket, I had something like 4000%)
- number of flights taken with AF/KL (not clear over what period, either, probably in the last 12 months - I don't recall what # they had for me)
- number of award tickets redeemed
- number of complaints filed
- number of complaints still unresolved (I had 1 in this category, so this may be another reason for this extra "care")

Hope this helps, and if anyone can add to this, I'd love to know more about what's behind it!
Old Feb 20, 2012, 2:01 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
Thanks for that info! ^ Very interesting.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.