Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue
Reload this Page >

Programme update: Roll over of Level Miles above level threshold for Elite members

Programme update: Roll over of Level Miles above level threshold for Elite members

Old Feb 13, 2012, 2:05 pm

Programs: AMEX Platinum, BA Gold, Flying Blue Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by flyBHX
Looking at my "Milage summary" on klm.com I see that it lists both Carried over miles and Carried over flights so perhaps we will be able to carry flights?

Will these just be carried for one year, or will they accumulate over several years? e.g. say one makes 6 level flights a year, would one reach Silver in year 3, and then carry 3 flights into year 4?
I see it now!

Well I had 20 segments, so this would mean I would get my 5 'extra' segments back. Curious to see if this will work...
Old Feb 13, 2012, 6:16 pm

Programs: KL Life Platinum, QF Platinum, OZ Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by chrissxb
Starting from this year, every Level Mile earned above the level threshold will be saved and automatically transferred to the Level Miles balance of the following year.

The Level Miles balance will not go back to zero at the start of each new year; with this new feature, our customers will keep their current status or be upgraded more easily.
The additional Level Miles earned in 2011 will automatically appear on the Miles account as from mid-2012, and new upgrades will happen after that date.
fantastic ... ^
can't wait for the official announcement
Old Feb 13, 2012, 6:47 pm

We've gone full circle

This is how it used to be under the old Flying Dutchman programme, until about 2002.
Old Feb 13, 2012, 8:26 pm

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat 4L, VA Vel Silver, BA EC, LH M&M
Originally Posted by kevinflyaway
I can ask, but already know the answer I think....

but this only counts for Level Miles right? No segments?

Looking at my "Milage summary" on klm.com I see that it lists both Carried over miles and Carried over flights so perhaps we will be able to carry flights?

Will these just be carried for one year, or will they accumulate over several years? e.g. say one makes 6 level flights a year, would one reach Silver in year 3, and then carry 3 flights into year 4?
Dont set your hopes to high regarding carrying over segments. The reason that you find this in the mileage summary is that it is already possible to carry over segments and miles ( but only if you are beyond a very high threahold that is way beyond Platinum qualification). The new thing announced here is that everybody can carry over "unused" level miles. I doubt that a similar thing will be possible with segments.
Old Feb 14, 2012, 1:09 am

Programs: FB-LTPE
Originally Posted by Mokshu
Not sure if that has already been posted, but now a dedicated "Platinum For Life" has been created for such members :

Nice indeed (and nicely timed - will be For Life starting April/1 )

But I thought the cards were getting a new look - see pictures on redesigned website? The platinum card looks still the same dull black.
Old Feb 14, 2012, 1:56 am

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum

But you only carry those over the threshold - flying only 3 flights a year - they won't rollover.
Old Feb 14, 2012, 2:57 am

Programs: Lufthansa SEN, FB Gold, BA Silver

I doubt that because than there would be an enormous raise in Silvers bringing the overall standard further down. Well, thank god for Privium anyway.
Old Feb 14, 2012, 4:33 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by Mokshu
Not sure if that has already been posted, but now a dedicated "Platinum For Life" has been created for such members :

What to make of a Platinum for Life card that expires 03/2013
Old Feb 14, 2012, 4:46 am

Programs: FB M&M AA Amex HH SPG and others
Originally Posted by MichielR
Maybe some Maya-influence? Only then it should be 12/2012
Old Feb 14, 2012, 5:54 am

Programs: Many
Matthew 24:36 : "No one knows when that day or hour will come."
Old Feb 14, 2012, 7:53 am

Programs: AMEX Platinum, BA Gold, Flying Blue Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by KLeM
I doubt that because than there would be an enormous raise in Silvers bringing the overall standard further down. Well, thank god for Privium anyway.
I poked around and asked on Facebook, but for now the say 'only level miles' and you need to get to at least silver to get roll-over miles.
Old Feb 14, 2012, 8:55 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
HAHA
Old Feb 14, 2012, 9:06 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM)

Programs: Flying Blue (AF/KL)
Good to see a card is sent out every year. With the printing rubbing out quickly it is definitely a good thing.
Old Feb 14, 2012, 11:10 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
I believe Gajan has received the official answer regarding the future of soft landings ...
Old Feb 14, 2012, 12:57 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM)

Programs: Flying Blue (AF/KL)
Soft landings to remain

We have put the question regarding soft landings to FB and have been informed that soft landings will still be available.

This means that if a Platinum Elite member earns at least one level mile he will only drop down to Gold. If no level miles are earned this member will drop down to Ivory.

Gajan

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.