Bluebiz? Anyone tried it

Old Jul 11, 2012, 9:45 am

Programs: FB Platinum, AS MVP Gold, HH Gold, IHG Gold
Interesting information carnarvon,

Unfortunately when I try to log in outside the country of bluebiz account, I got a "Please log in on your origin market"
Old Jul 11, 2012, 9:54 am

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meliá silver.
Originally Posted by Leadership
Interesting information carnarvon,

Unfortunately when I try to log in outside the country of bluebiz account, I got a "Please log in on your origin market"
True that I logged on from France where Bluebiz account is located...

But I could elect whichever city of departure I wanted...

I'd send a message to Bluebiz then. @:-) (sorry for being so uncreative)
Old Aug 11, 2012, 4:00 pm

Programs: Delta PM, HHonors Diamond (Aspire)
Can you claim points retroactively?
Old Aug 11, 2012, 11:47 pm

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meliá silver.
Originally Posted by Delta Dude
Can you claim points retroactively?
T&C say no, unless it is their mistake.

So they CAN retro-credit.

This leaves some room for creative arguing and I leave it to your imagination.
Old Aug 12, 2012, 10:35 am

Programs: KLM/AF Platinum for life, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
You cannot submit retroactive claims if the flight has already taken place. You can, however, have the BB# added to your pnr after purchase though.

I was able to "retro claim" on a flight, but this was because the Air France Luxembourg sales phone number transfers to France while the KLM transfers to Belgium. I bought a C TATL ticket and since they issued it from France (how was I supposed to know since I rang my local number) it was rejected. I complained and they credited it to the account.
Old Aug 13, 2012, 9:10 pm

Originally Posted by bankops
You cannot submit retroactive claims if the flight has already taken place. (...)
As I wrote above, you CAN.

But only if it is their fault (BB number in the booking, but no points showing).
Old Aug 20, 2012, 11:58 am

Programs: KLM/AF Platinum for life, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by carnarvon
As I wrote above, you CAN.

But only if it is their fault (BB number in the booking, but no points showing).
No. That is not a retro claim, that is a correction. If your number is not on the ticket before you fly, you cannot get points.
Old Aug 25, 2012, 1:19 am

Originally Posted by bankops
No. That is not a retro claim, that is a correction. If your number is not on the ticket before you fly, you cannot get points.
Come on.... Call a retroclaim a correction and you nave your points.

Mr Flyer: "I can assure you that the BB was in the booking. It was lost in the process of blablabla"

Mr BB : "sorry sir, it was not"

Mr Flyer : "yes it was. How can you prove it was not. I know what I did. I have booked 55 flights in the past 6 months, I know what I do".

Escalate the case and depending on your profile, they will credit or not, irrespective of your BB number being in the booking or not.

They need customers. Such stupid rules are meant to be bypassed.
Old Aug 25, 2012, 4:20 am

Programs: AMEX Platinum, BA Gold, Flying Blue Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by carnarvon
Come on.... Call a retroclaim a correction and you nave your points.

Mr Flyer: "I can assure you that the BB was in the booking. It was lost in the process of blablabla"

Mr BB : "sorry sir, it was not"

Mr Flyer : "yes it was. How can you prove it was not. I know what I did. I have booked 55 flights in the past 6 months, I know what I do".

Escalate the case and depending on your profile, they will credit or not, irrespective of your BB number being in the booking or not.

They need customers. Such stupid rules are meant to be bypassed.
I sometimes do the exact same thing had some friends that booked tickets and didn't put in the number. I did it 3 days later, lets see what happens.

So far I've already collected 1000 points over the last 2 years. Sometimes the BB department do some crazy corrections and in the end give me far to much points
Old Oct 26, 2012, 5:50 am

Programs: Many
Is there any way to keep BB points valid like it is done ith FB? I have several thousands points in my French BB account, of which some of them (a significant amount) expire by the end of the year.
Old Oct 26, 2012, 7:38 am

Programs: AMEX Platinum, BA Gold, Flying Blue Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Talking

edit..

Last edited by kevinflyaway; Mar 11, 2013 at 1:27 am
Old Oct 28, 2012, 3:01 am

Programs: FB M&M AA Amex HH SPG and others
Originally Posted by bodory
Is there any way to keep BB points valid like it is done ith FB? I have several thousands points in my French BB account, of which some of them (a significant amount) expire by the end of the year.
AFAIK : no. That's why I started using them this year, while only collecting them in the years before.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 6:34 am

Programs: Many
Some recent experience about awards with BlueBiz :
- you can only them book online, not by phone ;
- they have to be booked one by one, i.e. you cannot book an award for 2 pax at the same time ;
- only awards for adult pax can be booked ;
- if stricltly sticking with the T&Cs, the award should be for one of the company's employee.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 5:18 am

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, Flying Blue Gold, PC Platinum Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
I used some Bluebiz points to go to Brussels some weeks ago. It was interesting to see that I even got miles and legs for the trip! It was also very easy to book.

Xxx.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 9:47 am

Programs: AF Plat. Ba Gold. SPG Plat. HH Diamond. Miles and Smiles Gold. LH Sen
But why took it so long to receive the BB points? Sometimes more than 2 months?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.