Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue
Reload this Page >

"An ambitious three year plan to restore profitability"

"An ambitious three year plan to restore profitability"

Old Jan 28, 2012, 12:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by brunos
's interesting question about premium pax: I think that there is a third factor to be included and that is product's quality.I have no problem adding one shorthaul and 3 hours of travel time.
Indeed.

I switched my longhaul flights to BA for three reasons:

1. Flatbed seats

2. Better schedule and more flights

3. KL introduced the 777 om my most frequent route, whereas BA uses 744s

I don't mind the extra shorthaul (BA has a pretty decent J product), or the layover. I don't like tight connections, so can and do allow at least 3 hours between flights if at all possible, and BA's T5 First lounge is just fine. With BA's better schedule I get to my destination faster anyway, and only arrive back later because I opt for a longer layover.

Johan
Old Jan 30, 2012, 5:30 am

Programs: DL, QF, QR Gold, MR Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by FD1971
It would be ludicrous to advise AF to rely on improving their product without cutting a certain amount of fat...
The idea of trimming the fat is great as long as it is coupled with some investment into improvement. Otherwise it's just short-sighted. Take the best scenario: trim off ALL the fat - fire everyone, sell the assets and everyone gets huge dividends.

15-20 years to change the attitude of the service personel
I disagree. A lobotomy does not take 15-20 years On a serious note though, that is NOT the case. With the right tools and investment a turnaround can be achieved in 1-2 years. I have a friend who did that for restaurants in 2 weeks - he'd go in and revamp the service culture and put the restaurant back on track. ADP is huge compared to a restaurant, and the staff are among the most awful on this planet, but it shouldn't take anywhere near 15-20 years.

and billions of Euro to rebuild CDG to become a customer-friendly airport.
AF doesn't own CDG and it wouldn't be funded entirely by AF. It would be a very wise long term investment and if done correctly it might not be in the order of billions. (We're talking over many years anyway.) They can also move some flights to AMS if they can't get CDG to function properly.

I fear AF is somehow synonymous for France in general. Some cuts are necessary in the near future and it will become very difficult to force them upon the workforce and French citizen...
Ah, yes, how I love to hear about CUTS! The reason why they are getting an earful about cuts is because the only cuts they are discussing are screwing the people at the bottom (regular citizens in France / low-level airline employees for AF). Nobody wants to talk about taking money from those individuals and institutions who have it. Austerity has never been successful for countries and short-sighted cost cuts can be immensely detrimental to companies as well.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.