Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue
Reload this Page >

Confirmed changes to KLM Flying Blue American Express cards [The Netherlands]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Confirmed changes to KLM Flying Blue American Express cards [The Netherlands]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2011, 11:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
A very important detail that needs to be answered. Will I get 30,000 miles when they charge that first €570 annual fee?
Old Aug 22, 2011, 12:19 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM)
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue (AF/KL)
Originally Posted by Gajan
Has any date been given when the old cards will be changed to new cards?
I was told that no changes would take place this year, but apparently anything can happen ;-)
I just phoned American Express and was told that there would be an transition phase for current card members. She could not tell me if the transition phase would end 31.12.2011 or after that but would look it up and e-mail me the answer on Wednesday.

I will post the update when I receive it.
Old Aug 22, 2011, 12:22 pm

Programs: AMEX Platinum, BA Gold, Flying Blue Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by tgv2
New Dutch card are:

– American Express Silver Card Flying Blue €75
Award Miles at KLM and SkyTeam partners € 1 = 1 Mile
Award Miles for other charges € 1 = 0,8 Mile
2 free segments

– American Express Gold Card Flying Blue € 140
Award Miles at KLM and SkyTeam partners € 1 = 1,5 Mile
Award Miles for other charges € 1 = 1 Mile
4 free segment

– American Express Platinum Card Flying Blue € 570
Award Miles at KLM and SkyTeam partners € 1 = 2 Mile
Award Miles for other charges € 1 = 1,5 Mile
8 free segments

New for all cards: Fly now Pay later for AF/KL flights.
It seems that the silver card is actually 10euro's cheaper, but you get less miles. The Gold Card for me would be ok and you get the segments. I think for dutch cardholders which don't spend to much money on actual flying is better! At least for me....can I get it for this year? Then I don't have to do a 3 segment run?!

Also what happend to PLUS OPTION
Old Aug 22, 2011, 12:25 pm

Programs: FB, MR Plat, SPG Gold, HH Gold
I just contacted Amex NL as well and they told me that there might be a special offer for excisting card members. They obviously can't just give you another card. They'll have to ask if you are ok with a new card and to make that decision easier they'll probably offer excisting customers 'something'....but what? Have French FB Amex holders been offered 'something' to be loyal to Amex and the FB cc? And will Dutch members see the same offer, if there is any!?
Old Aug 22, 2011, 12:29 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Baseleg79
I just contacted Amex NL as well and they told me that there might be a special offer for excisting card members. They obviously can't just give you another card.
Yes, but once your card expires, reset your level and credit miles according to the new scheme there is nothing you can do: either take the new offer or leave it.

Maybe "the special offer" is the transition phase I was told about?

Originally Posted by kevinflyaway
It seems that the silver card is actually 10euro's cheaper, but you get less miles. The Gold Card for me would be ok and you get the segments. I think for dutch cardholders which don't spend to much money on actual flying is better! At least for me....can I get it for this year? Then I don't have to do a 3 segment run?!

Also what happend to PLUS OPTION
The old situation has gone, new situation here to stay.

For people who actually got the 2 miles per Euro spent this is a bad deal.

Last edited by Gajan; Aug 22, 2011 at 12:33 pm Reason: Merge posts
Old Aug 22, 2011, 1:33 pm

Programs: Marriott and British Airways
The cards are online:

http://www.americanexpress.com/nethe...fbplatinumcard
Old Aug 23, 2011, 12:03 am

Programs: AMEX Platinum, BA Gold, Flying Blue Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Yes, but once your card expires, reset your level and credit miles according to the new scheme there is nothing you can do: either take the new offer or leave it.

Maybe "the special offer" is the transition phase I was told about?

The old situation has gone, new situation here to stay.

For people who actually got the 2 miles per Euro spent this is a bad deal.
Yes... I just realised I get the 2 miles per Euro and just spend over 300.000 this year on tickets, so need to save up again....
Old Aug 23, 2011, 12:50 am

Programs: Flying Blue
Hmmm, this is better?
Old Aug 23, 2011, 2:08 am

Originally Posted by tgv2
New Dutch card are:

– American Express Silver Card Flying Blue €75
Award Miles at KLM and SkyTeam partners € 1 = 1 Mile
Award Miles for other charges € 1 = 0,8 Mile
2 free segments

– American Express Gold Card Flying Blue € 140
Award Miles at KLM and SkyTeam partners € 1 = 1,5 Mile
Award Miles for other charges € 1 = 1 Mile
4 free segment

– American Express Platinum Card Flying Blue € 570
Award Miles at KLM and SkyTeam partners € 1 = 2 Mile
Award Miles for other charges € 1 = 1,5 Mile
8 free segments

New for all cards: Fly now Pay later for AF/KL flights.
Just called AMEX. The AMEX card will actually be parted from the FB card. This will mean everybody gets a new FB card in september and all cards from AMEX will be replaced by november.

All cards will be turned into Silver Card, unless asked for different card. All cards will be turned before november 18.

I told AMEX we have a contract with a terms&conditions which stated 2 miles earned per Euro for spending more then E12.500 (or something like that) and wanted to know how AMEX would compensate me. She told KLM and AMEX made a new agreement, mostly from KL side.

I told her to bad, but I shouldn't be the victim She offered 10.000 miles if I took a Gold card. I told her sale was at 20.000 miles so I should at least get that and compensation for the 2 miles per Euro spend I missed for the last 2 months (december spending, that would be at least another 5000 miles)

She will call me back...curious

IFY, the new card will allow to move FB miles from your account to another cardholder. For one month you can get the FB miles credited to the account of your spouse for instance, instead of only your own FB account.

IFY2, segments would count for this year if you renew the card before november 18.
Old Aug 23, 2011, 2:23 am
Original Poster

Just called AMEX. The AMEX card will actually be parted from the FB card. This will mean everybody gets a new FB card in september and all cards from AMEX will be replaced by november.

All cards will be turned into Silver Card, unless asked for different card. All cards will be turned before november 18.

I told AMEX we have a contract with a terms&conditions which stated 2 miles earned per Euro for spending more then E12.500 (or something like that) and wanted to know how AMEX would compensate me. She told KLM and AMEX made a new agreement, mostly from KL side.

I told her to bad, but I shouldn't be the victim She offered 10.000 miles if I took a Gold card. I told her sale was at 20.000 miles so I should at least get that and compensation for the 2 miles per Euro spend I missed for the last 2 months (december spending, that would be at least another 5000 miles)

She will call me back...curious

IFY, the new card will allow to move FB miles from your account to another cardholder. For one month you can get the FB miles credited to the account of your spouse for instance, instead of only your own FB account.

IFY2, segments would count for this year if you renew the card before november 18.

Did she say anything about a transition phase, i.e. status for sub-card holders for 1 year?
Old Aug 23, 2011, 2:29 am

Did she say anything about a transition phase, i.e. status for sub-card holders for 1 year?
No...she wasn't really prepared for all my questions At one point she asked 'did you recieve the letter already? ahum?!'

I didn't ask that question, since I don't get status. She did tell me all cards will be replaced before november 18. Same time as in France.
Old Aug 23, 2011, 2:34 am
Original Poster

No...she wasn't really prepared for all my questions At one point she asked 'did you recieve the letter already? ahum?!'

I didn't ask that question, since I don't get status. She did tell me all cards will be replaced before november 18. Same time as in France.
Same here yesterday. You should receive a letter/e-mail today.
Old Aug 23, 2011, 2:35 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
What's the Share and Fly benefit? Will it be possible to transfer miles from different accounts?
Old Aug 23, 2011, 2:43 am

Originally Posted by KLflyerRalph
What's the Share and Fly benefit? Will it be possible to transfer miles from different accounts?
Thats what she told. If you your spouse is in need of miles, you have the option to credit the FB miles earned in a particular month to your spouse's FB instead of your own.

More is told in the letter we should recieve.

I'm just curious what they are going to offer for the 2 miles per Euro spend policy. Everytime so far I pointed them out that something isn't normal and asked for compensation, I got a fair amount of miles in return.
Old Aug 23, 2011, 6:23 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Wow the card took a bad hit indeed! Currently I get 2-4 miles per euro spent...and that will go down to 1-1.5? Plus my gf would have to give up her partner card? ..very bad.

What happened to the plus option, is that still offered? The 'inconveniences' insurance part especially?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.