Search

Z class on Vietnam airlines and Flying blue earnings

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2011, 4:28 am
J1J
Original Poster

Programs: FB Platinum, DC Gold
Z class on Vietnam airlines and Flying blue earnings

I'm looking to travel to Vietnam and have been searching for tickets in Business class with Vietnam airlines now that they are members of ST.

I found them at a very reasonable price (on different online sites) and they booked into Z. I decided to check the mileage earnings (I need the miles to retain my status with flying blue), and noticed that following the earning charts Z class is economy on Vietnam Airlines and only earns 100% miles.

So my question is if Z class is Economy or business on Vietnam Airlines and if the earning chart is up to date and the earnings really only are 100% and not 125% like on Air France?

By the way are there still seats reserved for elites in economy on AF? Because the last flight I took in economy I could see the free seats but not reserve them, even when calling AF reservations.

Thank you for your help

J1J
Old Apr 29, 2011, 9:15 am

Programs: Flying Blue (LTPE) All (Gold)
AFAIK, there are 3 BC in Business for VN: C and D that earn 125% EQM and J that earns 100% EQM
IF Z (and business) it is probably an AF/VN codeshare, that give the same 125% EQM as C and D

Last edited by delanotre; Apr 29, 2011 at 9:39 am Reason: AF/VN

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.