Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Getting a status in the middle of the year?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2011, 6:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: El Al Matmid, Air France Flying Blue Silver
Getting a status in the middle of the year?

Hi, is it possible to get a status in the middle of the year?
I am poised to become a silver member (100 miles to get!), and I would like to know if this is possible.
What are the advantages of being a silver?
Do FB silver members become Skytem Elite? What are the advantages of being Skyteam Elite?
Regards

LY777
Old Sep 26, 2011, 6:23 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold. Miles and More SEN.
You'll become Silver within about 48 hours of reaching your target. If you got it this week you'd be guaranteed Silver until December 31 2012.

KLM's website has the other information you're looking for.
Old Sep 26, 2011, 7:28 am

Programs: FB plf; IB oro; LA black
Originally Posted by Yony
You'll become Silver within about 48 hours of reaching your target. If you got it this week you'd be guaranteed Silver until December 31 2012.

Untill 31st of march 2013.
Old Sep 26, 2011, 7:42 am

Originally Posted by saraoutou
Untill 31st of march 2013.
I was under the impression that levels were reviewed at the end of the year. I didn't think you could be downgraded at any time other than the end of the calendar year.

This is from the FB site, in regard to Level Miles.

To keep your membership level, you need to have at least the minimum number of Level Miles or have made the necessary number of qualifying flights shown on the chart below. A qualifying flight is an international one-way flight made with a SkyTeam airline, which enables you to earn Level Miles. You will move up to the next level as soon as you reach the required number of Level Miles or qualifying flights. On 31 December, your Level Miles/qualifying flights balance from the previous 12 months is checked to see if your membership level needs to be downgraded or can stay the same for the following year. On 1 January of each year, this balance is reset to zero.

There's no mention there of a March review. Do you get a 'grace' period? Is it elsewhere on the website?
Old Sep 26, 2011, 8:15 am

There's no mention there of a March review. Do you get a 'grace' period? Is it elsewhere on the website?
Iam not quite sure were you can find that information on their website. But the expiry date (of your status) is printed on the membershipcard. Your status is defintely vaild until end of March. The statusmiles will be deleted to zero on december 31st.
Old Sep 26, 2011, 8:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: El Al Matmid, Air France Flying Blue Silver

Normally, I become Silver approximatively on October 23rd.
And I fly with AF on October 30 and with DL on Nov 2. Will I be considered as Silver even though I will not still have my new card?
Old Sep 26, 2011, 8:30 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by LY777
Normally, I become Silver approximatively on October 23rd.
And I fly with AF on October 30 and with DL on Nov 2. Will I be considered as Silver even though I will not still have my new card?
If you already booked your flight, normally your status in the system is still Ivory. However, you can call them to re-enter the number which sometimes work.
You will receive all the benefits of Silver regardless if you have your card (although DL might be difficult). And you can also print a temporary card from the website.
Old Sep 26, 2011, 8:33 am

Originally Posted by SQ325
But the expiry date (of your status) is printed on the membershipcard.
So it is. Thanks for that - I hadn't noticed it before.
Old Sep 26, 2011, 8:35 am

Originally Posted by KLflyerRalph
If you already booked your flight, normally your status in the system is still Ivory. However, you can call them to re-enter the number which sometimes work.
You will receive all the benefits of Silver regardless if you have your card (although DL might be difficult). And you can also print a temporary card from the website.
Even if you've already booked I think your boarding pass might show Silver when you check in won't it?

If I remember correctly, I think that's what happened to me when I became Silver after the first part of a return flight.
Old Sep 26, 2011, 9:11 am

Even if you've already booked I think your boarding pass might show Silver when you check in won't it?
Correct.
Old Sep 26, 2011, 9:21 am

Programs: FB Plat for life

If I remember correctly, I think that's what happened to me when I became Silver after the first part of a return flight.
it is not 100% sure most of the time the status will not be updated for flights already book. To get the benefits it is safer to call AF/DL to have them cancel your FB number in the file and re enter it

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.