Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue > Air France Frequence Plus
Reload this Page >

Air France is specifically taking care of their Elite plus customers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air France is specifically taking care of their Elite plus customers

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2009, 2:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Thumbs up Air France is specifically taking care of their Elite plus customers

In this time of financial crisis, Air France is specifically taking care of their Elite Plus customers

Today, in the flight from Miami to CDG, 20 minutes after take off, the Chef de Cabine went to me and said:
“Mr Nicolas75, I noticed that you travel a lot with us. May I introduce myself. I am your chef de cabine, and I would like to know if everything is fine. Do not hesitate to ask me if you need anything”

That was nice.
Is it just the Chef de Cabine's initiative, or did you have experience such treatment?
Old May 25, 2009, 2:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
I thought AF already took care of their elites by enhancing away the FFP awards by raising the redemption level!?
Old May 25, 2009, 5:21 am

Programs: M&M SEN, Flying Blue Platinum, Executive Club nobody, Hilton Gold, Sol Melia MAS Gold
I have had this happen two or three times on TATL flights, out of probably 100
Old May 25, 2009, 5:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
I had the same on a flight to SFO in Y about two weeks ago (although she got confused because I swapped seats with my partner so she first look at her - gold and then remembering the passenger manifest: 'euh, c'est monsieur qui voyage beaucoup je crois?' + the usual 'don't hesitate to ask us etc etc etc'. Return from LAX in C no such greeting, but to be honest I really don't care. My issues with AF-KL have never had to do with the attitude of the inflight crew which in my opinion have usually ranged from OK to fantastic. This time again, nice chat with the FA from Antibes (I'm from Nice, a neighbour! ) on the outbound and another one from Bordeaux on the return (lived there two years) were far more spontaneous and important than the 'official' greeting. So sure, it is very nice, but, in my opinion, without wanting to reopen a can of worms, this deals with what is already fine with AF instead of taking care of what is grossly wrong with FB. This was, sadly, my last booked long haul with AF at the moment (booked in August 2008), and while it was a truly excellent flight in both directions, I still haven't brought myself to book anything else with them since (Air Europa, Korean, Turkish Airlines, BA, Swiss, Qantas and Emirates, but not AF or KL). Whether I change my mind later or not is still totally unclear (I'm not in favour of purist ideological boycotts), but in any case, it is clear that they are no longer the default choice.
Old May 25, 2009, 10:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I have almost always received this treatment, even going back to the FP Rouge days. However only when traveling in the premium cabins. I've never had it when in the back of the plane.
Old May 25, 2009, 11:07 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Originally Posted by nicolas75
In this time of financial crisis, Air France is specifically taking care of their Elite Plus customers

Today, in the flight from Miami to CDG, 20 minutes after take off, the Chef de Cabine went to me and said:
“Mr Nicolas75, I noticed that you travel a lot with us. May I introduce myself. I am your chef de cabine, and I would like to know if everything is fine. Do not hesitate to ask me if you need anything”
Standard procedure on quality carriers (not only SQ, also European ones), even before the financial crisis, both on longhaul and shorthaul.

But indeed a very nice touch. Personally I never ever experienced it on AF in 10 years of Rouge/Platinum, but nice to know "they" start it (if "they" is the airline). Is there any evidence that this is now systematically done to all Elites? Or was this a one-off by an outstandingly good CdC?
Old May 25, 2009, 11:47 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by stimpy
I have almost always received this treatment, even going back to the FP Rouge days. However only when traveling in the premium cabins. I've never had it when in the back of the plane.
In the F+ Rouge days, I had this treatment even at the very back of the plane.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/10029957-post27.html

Last edited by JOUY31; May 25, 2009 at 1:11 pm
Old May 25, 2009, 12:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by JOUY31
In the F+ Rouge days, I had this treatment even at the very back of the plane.
oh ... the good old days ... [sigh]
Old May 25, 2009, 12:08 pm

Programs: FB Silver, BA Silver, BD Gold rememberer, IHG Diamond Royal Ambassador, Hilton and Marriott Gold
Yes, nowadays we don't get that frequently on business trips... (not that I mind, though : I feel it's forced. Of course don't care about me, they're just doing their job...) So better concentrate on important things unless it comes naturally to them...
Old May 25, 2009, 1:28 pm

Programs: HH Nobody, AF FB Platinum, SIXT Diamond, Hertz PC, Bonvoy Ambassador
I also got this treatment several times even before the crisis. It happened to me on different situations (award ticket, op-up, very back of the plane, paid biz tickets).
Old May 25, 2009, 1:46 pm

Programs: FB Platinum for Life; BAEC Gold Guest List; Accor Gold.
I've had almost exactly the OP's experience a few times, but with KLM. With AF, once or twice, I've been 'looked after' as an FB Plat, but it's certainly not routine. I think it's a case of particularly good cabin crew.

One AF experience springs to mind, though! I was fairly far back in the Y cabin on a medium-haul, very full flight. When it came to time for drinks, I noticed that other Y-pax were offered the usual choices: juices, beer, red wine or white wine. When the FA came to me, I was immediately asked if I would like some Champagne ... raised a few eyebrows (and other appendages) in some of my immediate neighbours, but what the heck - this was Champagne!

EDIT: Oops, almost forgot: on the second-time around with the drinks trolley, I was just asked if I would like anything else to drink. I politely requested a Bloody Mary ... and got it! (More groans and expressions of class-distinction from my in-flight neighbours, but I was past caring at this point.)
Old May 25, 2009, 7:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
never happened for me on AF ever ...

but recently on DL ... pursor came, introduced himself, thanked me for flying Delta ... gave me an entire row to myself ... told me all drinks are free tonight (DL usually has only 1 alcoholic bev. policy) and they I should contact him if I needed anything. I was very impressed! Don't think this would ever happen on AF.

Last edited by cfischer; May 26, 2009 at 5:49 pm Reason: typo
Old May 26, 2009, 1:40 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by robin.goodman
I have had this happen two or three times on TATL flights, out of probably 100
1 out of 50/60 TATL flights here and it was flying with a F award ticket.
I consider it irrelevant but in LH happens 7 or 8 times out of every flight, either in Y or C, european or TATL.
In any case, I am burning my last few hundred thousand miles with FB and giving all my business to *A. The only thing I will miss is the AM lounge access when flying Y arround Mex.
Old May 26, 2009, 2:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

On KL I have had this treatment more often than not (40% short haul, 75% long haul) on AF I have had this maybe 2 or 3 times. Delta is a bit weirder for me, on average on long haul I know at least one cabin crew member if not as many as four, therefore I normally get a good greeting/chat , whatever. However when I fly out of ATL long haul (where I do not know that many senior crew) I would say that I get this treatment 80% of the time.
Old May 26, 2009, 4:01 am
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
Used to be standard treatment on KLM longhaul flights for their top elite members. Good to see that Air France is finally trying to improve its often lackluster cabin service.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.