Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue > Air France Frequence Plus
Reload this Page >

Air France is specifically taking care of their Elite plus customers

Air France is specifically taking care of their Elite plus customers

Old Feb 5, 2016, 1:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by stimpy
Unless it's a night flight, like SVO-BKK. Then they leave the pax alone for the most part. And I don't recall them doing this on CDG-SVO, but I might not have noticed with all the Champagne they were pouring in my glass. For me SU is tied with AT for the best business class MH flights in Europe.
AT as in Royal Air Maroc?? I'll admit to being a bit surprised if so. On the other hand, I do also like medium haul on SU although TK is also great on flights with the proper C seats. I like OS and A3 too but obviously they only have the normal seats.
Old Feb 5, 2016, 1:49 am

Programs: BA Silver, DL SM
Originally Posted by orbitmic
AT as in Royal Air Maroc?? I'll admit to being a bit surprised if so. On the other hand, I do also like medium haul on SU although TK is also great on flights with the proper C seats. I like OS and A3 too but obviously they only have the normal seats.
That would indeed be surprising. When I last flew AT in 2011 the pitch of their Y seats was less than on U2 or FR. Maybe they have upgraded their hard product?
Old Feb 5, 2016, 5:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by gabriel2
That would indeed be surprising. When I last flew AT in 2011 the pitch of their Y seats was less than on U2 or FR. Maybe they have upgraded their hard product?
I said business class. I don't know about Y pitch. AT and SU are the only ones that have very friendly stewardesses walking up and down the aisle free pouring quality Champagne and engaging the customers in conversation, topping up the glass again, etc. Just one example.
Old Feb 5, 2016, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
AT and SU are the only ones that have very friendly stewardesses walking up and down the aisle free pouring quality Champagne and engaging the customers in conversation, topping up the glass again, etc. Just one example.
I had that multiple times on AF C class medium-haul as well. Last time was last friday with Olivedel going to WAW for the Do, thanks to our 55 Euros paid upgrade ^
Old Feb 5, 2016, 1:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Goldorak
I had that multiple times on AF C class medium-haul as well. Last time was last friday with Olivedel going to WAW for the Do, thanks to our 55 Euros paid upgrade ^
To be clear, when I say free pour I mean a full bottle of Laurent Perrier being correctly poured into a proper Champagne flute. Not a tiny bottle of cheaper Champagne handed to you along with a plastic cup.
Old Feb 5, 2016, 2:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Yes, it is part of the point of SkyTeam. "Caring more about you" is the advertising slogan, seems a bit overstated to me. The idea is that a traveler feels the same type of recognition and care across all SkyTeam carriers. I have been recognized often by both BA and IB as a oneworld emerald.
Old Feb 5, 2016, 2:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
To be clear, when I say free pour I mean a full bottle of Laurent Perrier being correctly poured into a proper Champagne flute. Not a tiny bottle of cheaper Champagne handed to you along with a plastic cup.
I am neither talking about a small bottle of Champagne, nor about a cheap brand or a plastic cup
Old Feb 5, 2016, 3:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I am neither talking about a small bottle of Champagne, nor about a cheap brand or a plastic cup
That's all I've seen in recent years on AF MH flights. Did they improve things recently?
Old Feb 5, 2016, 4:07 pm

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
I'm wondering if we have flown the same airline Last time I took RAM in C, and that was only a couple of months ago, the Champagne was not Laurent Perrier but Heidseck Monopole which is pretty ghastly stuff, and it was served in short stemmed wine glasses, not narrow flutes (admittedly better than a tumbler but nowhere near a flute).

On the plus side, they had a nice millefeuille for dessert though!

I'll admit to being a bit puzzled too - did they actually serve you some good Champagne? I think the last one I had on AF C within Europe was Devaux and frankly, that's nothing to write home about either. And while indeed they have thankfully got rid of the plastic glasses (amen) it wasn't a flute either.
Old Feb 6, 2016, 2:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

That's all I've seen in recent years on AF MH flights. Did they improve things recently?
I'll admit to being a bit puzzled too - did they actually serve you some good Champagne? I think the last one I had on AF C within Europe was Devaux and frankly, that's nothing to write home about either. And while indeed they have thankfully got rid of the plastic glasses (amen) it wasn't a flute either.
I haven't seen a small bottle of champagne on AF for about 15 years. They were using those at the time you had free champagne in Y in European flights.
For the glass, I have never seen champagne served in plastic glass on AF, even for the pre-departure drink (long-haul, or medium-haul when they were still doing it). But, Orbitmic is right : they don't use a flute (only in P long-haul ), just a regular glass.
For the brand, I sincerely don't remember what it was and I didn't say it was something to write home about. It was certainly not a Bollinger or Dom Perignon or another "fancy" brand. But it was a good champagne.
Old Feb 6, 2016, 3:33 am

For the glass, I have never seen champagne served in plastic glass on AF, even for the pre-departure drink (long-haul, or medium-haul when they were still doing it).
Your memory betrays you as indeed it was sadly used till about 2 years ago on shorter routes (including London!) but fortunately has been ended since. As for PDB on short haul, RIP is the only comments that comes to mind

However, like you, I do not remember small bottles of Champagne being used for years. The last were the small Monopole but that was at least a decade ago!!
Old Feb 6, 2016, 6:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Your memory betrays you as indeed it was sadly used till about 2 years ago on shorter routes (including London!) but fortunately has been ended since.
I don't remember that at all. What a shame indeed. Glad it's over !
Old Feb 6, 2016, 7:46 am

I don't remember that at all. What a shame indeed. Glad it's over !
I think that you are much better off having forgotten to be honest! It was the time when the only alcohol available would be wine or Champagne, meals came on something that looked like take away boxes, and everything to it was unbelievably bizarre and basically seemed like it was meant to try and be as offputting as possible if not altogether poisonous!
Old Feb 6, 2016, 7:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Perhaps in my mind I'm conflating BA and AF. Sorry about that. I think it's been nearly two years since I flew an AF MH flight in biz class. I did CDG-VIE a lot back then and it always seemed to be 100% full and a rushed service.

I did CDG-BHX recently, but that doesn't count as MH does it?

And the point is that both SU and AT business class MH flights have really stood out to me as a level above AF/KL/BA/LH. Those airlines are much smaller of course. And I guess they are not totally subject to European labour laws?
Old Feb 6, 2016, 8:07 am

Perhaps in my mind I'm conflating BA and AF.
I think that is likely as indeed, BA do use small bottles, but then they never used plastic glasses in C - ever as far as I can remember.

PS: isn't CDG-BHX operated by Cityjet?

And the point is that both SU and AT business class MH flights have really stood out to me as a level above AF/KL/BA/LH. Those airlines are much smaller of course. And I guess they are not totally subject to European labour laws?
I would guess that it has little to do with them being smaller and nothing to do with European labour laws, but a lot to do with the fact that 1) most of their flights are much longer than those of AF/BA/LH etc because they are located on the fringes of Europe (exactly the same goes for TK) and 2) possibly that a lot more of their European flights are point to point so a greater need to please pax based on the medium haul experience rather than the promise of a better long haul as the "core" European players do, 3) cheaper labour force because of much lower standards of living

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.