Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CDG 2E to 2C in 1hr 45 mins-- doable?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2008, 1:05 pm

Programs: Gold Skymiles/A+ Elite/Platinum Marriot
Originally Posted by MichielR
If you are on a single ticket, I would not fork out the $100 for the change because if you miss your connection you should be re-booked at no charge, after all the airline in case (DL) sold the ticket assuming you'd be able to make the connection.

However, if you're on two separate tickets, you may in the end have to pay more than $100 to rebook in case you miss your connection.

It will no doubt help if you can already check-in for your second flight at your initial point of departure and skip a second check-in at CDG.
Yeah - Delta sold me a single ticket, so they should be responsible for booking me on another flight. but I think That is the only direct flight from PARIS - BOMBAY. So I am little bit worried on how long I will have to stay back.. :-(..
Yeah and I will be checking at ATlanta for the PARIS flight as well..
Thanks

Last edited by ppr78; Nov 18, 2008 at 1:16 pm
Old Nov 18, 2008, 1:57 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Silver, TK Miles&Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by ppr78
Yeah - Delta sold me a single ticket, so they should be responsible for booking me on another flight. but I think That is the only direct flight from PARIS - BOMBAY. So I am little bit worried on how long I will have to stay back.. :-(..
Yeah and I will be checking at ATlanta for the PARIS flight as well..
Thanks
What you can try is to be at ATL early and see if you can get a "same day confirmed" for one of the two earlier flights to CDG.... if there's a chance for a delay of your originally booked ATL-CDG flight, they might even do it without charge (cheaper for them than if you misconnect in CDG) - pretty much depends on the agent you're talking to, though...
Old Nov 18, 2008, 4:04 pm

Thank you, great link and post!

Last edited by JOUY31; Nov 18, 2008 at 10:49 pm Reason: [/ added for clarity
Old Nov 18, 2008, 4:46 pm

Programs: Gold Skymiles/A+ Elite/Platinum Marriot
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by haggis79
What you can try is to be at ATL early and see if you can get a "same day confirmed" for one of the two earlier flights to CDG.... if there's a chance for a delay of your originally booked ATL-CDG flight, they might even do it without charge (cheaper for them than if you misconnect in CDG) - pretty much depends on the agent you're talking to, though...
True- It will depend on the agent.. But good idea though!! Thanks.. Infact there is a direct nonstop flight from ATL - BOM, at 6:00 PM or 5:40 PM flight to CDG. But again, will depend on the agent..
Thanks..
Old Nov 28, 2008, 4:24 pm
Original Poster

I am the original poster with the 1 hr. 45 minutes layover. Just wanted to tell you how it went. Well, it didn't go off at all since I was a victim of the sudden Air France pilot strike. AF was able to switch me to a Delta flight from JFK which went straight to Cairo. So I don't know if I would have made it or not. The Delta flights went very smoothly.
Old Dec 2, 2008, 7:43 am

thanks for posting the outcome ... I wish all advice receivers would post a follow-up after the trip.

note to self: do same after T1 to 2E transit posted in this thread ...
Old Jan 5, 2009, 4:59 am

I had no problem at all with my connection. The plane arrived 10 mins early, I had no luggage. It took me less than 10 minutes to get off the plane and to pass customs. Within 10 mins I was aboard the shuttle train, 10 mins later I was at the AF checkin in 2E. I had enough time to spend 20 mins in the F lounge in 2E. I actually almost found T1 to 2E easier than 2C or 2D to 2E.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 3:42 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Could someone advise if the following is possible at CDG:

Arrive 2E @ 18:15
Depart 2A @ 20:45

Is it a Bus transfer or walk ?

Thanks
Old Jul 31, 2014, 7:58 am

Programs: FB Plat for life, FB PC, M&M FT, Hertz President (+ many low tier cards)
Originally Posted by ExpatSomchai
Could someone advise if the following is possible at CDG:

Arrive 2E @ 18:15
Depart 2A @ 20:45

Is it a Bus transfer or walk ?

Thanks
Easily doable. You have the choice to walk or to take a buss.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 8:22 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by Zembla
Easily doable. You have the choice to walk or to take a buss.
Unless I am mistaken, walking would involve 2 passport checks, while the airside bus would allow you to remain in transit in the international zone.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 10:00 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by JOUY31
Unless I am mistaken, walking would involve 2 passport checks, while the airside bus would allow you to remain in transit in the international zone.
This. Just follow the "Correspondances" sign and then the "Terminal 2A". Go through the security checkpoint and take the blue bus.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 10:05 am

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Is this airside or landside?
Old Jul 31, 2014, 1:23 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by ExpatSomchai
Is this airside or landside?
Airside.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 2:05 pm

Thank you
Old Aug 1, 2014, 2:42 am

Programs: FB LTPE, BAEC GGL, EK Blue, SK Gold, Marriott Amb+LTT, IHG Diamond Amb, Accorhotels Silver
All this is doable if the OP has a single PNR or multiple PNRs with no checked bags or checked-through bags.
Otherwise, the landside connection by feet is mandatory...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.