New Air France Business Class 777-300 forward mini cabin

Old Mar 12, 2008, 1:24 pm
Original Poster

Question New Air France Business Class 777-300 forward mini cabin

I noticed that the new business class cabin on AF 777-300 is divided, there are 2 rows of 2-3-2 then there is a buffet on both sides and a bathroom on only the one side. Then the rest of the 15+ rows are behind the two buffets and the bathroom.

Seat guru says this "forward mini cabin" is desirable, so I chose the 2 seats on the side with only the buffet and no bathroom (4A & 4B).

At first on seat guru, it appears that there is a great space between the first two rows and the rest of them as seen on seat guru. http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Air...ng_777-300.php

However, when you look at AF's layout, it looks as though the buffet will be right behind my seat!

http://www.airfrance.fr/common/image...ax_maxi_en.gif

Has anyone has experience with these particular seats????????? Will the buffet be right behind me with people milling about???? I took seats 4A and B because I read 4k and 4l were undesirable because of the proximity to the bathroom. The flight from LAX-CDG is almost 11 hours, I'd hate to get stuck in a bad seat since I've never flown AF before.
Old Mar 13, 2008, 5:37 am

Programs: KLM Plat for Life , BA Gold, HH Silver, (Other half Diamond), IHG Gold
Row 3 cannot be pre booked except the 3 middle seats; I always book 4ab as first choice then row 4 on the otherside as these are in front of the toilets. They nearly always change our seating as plats to 3ab on the day; 4ab are fine and a fair way from the buffet; stick with them in my opinion.
Old Mar 13, 2008, 6:24 am

Originally Posted by yviebee
I noticed that the new business class cabin on AF 777-300 is divided, there are 2 rows of 2-3-2 then there is a buffet on both sides and a bathroom on only the one side. Then the rest of the 15+ rows are behind the two buffets and the bathroom.

Seat guru says this "forward mini cabin" is desirable, so I chose the 2 seats on the side with only the buffet and no bathroom (4A & 4B).

At first on seat guru, it appears that there is a great space between the first two rows and the rest of them as seen on seat guru. http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Air...ng_777-300.php

However, when you look at AF's layout, it looks as though the buffet will be right behind my seat!

When are you traveling I am going on this same flight at the end of October and was also wondering what was the best options for seats.

We chose 4E and 4F because they seemed to look the best on seat guru?

Was this not a good choice?

Thanks

http://www.airfrance.fr/common/image...ax_maxi_en.gif

Has anyone has experience with these particular seats????????? Will the buffet be right behind me with people milling about???? I took seats 4A and B because I read 4k and 4l were undesirable because of the proximity to the bathroom. The flight from LAX-CDG is almost 11 hours, I'd hate to get stuck in a bad seat since I've never flown AF before.
Old Mar 13, 2008, 10:23 am
GVA

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, BA Silver, Aegean Gold, Aeroplan 25k, AA EXP
The buffet will indeed be right behind you as is a lavatory and the purser's work station.

I'd be more concerned about the smell of the lavatory and noise/light coming from the galley than people walking around to get a sandwich or a long melted ice-cream. Depending on which LAX-CDG flight you are on, people will sleep more or less starting after the main meal.
Old Mar 13, 2008, 2:13 pm
Original Poster

I'm confused, one person says the buffet is far away but you say it is close? Multiple websites say these are great seats, and others say not so good.

Minnesota_Nice you may be interested....I can see my seats in this picture here, yours are kind of hard to see but I can see one of them. Anyway, it appears there is a curtain with a dividing wall between our cabin and the galley/bathrooms/buffet. Ours are the last two on the right of the photo behind first class. I would imagine this should help to some degree with the light issue but not the noise. I've never smelled the lavratories in business class before even when I was quite close. Maybe because they don't get as much use as coach? Hopefully AF will be the same but CO had the cleaniest bathrooms! I must say that I do like the look of this cabin, hopefully it doesn't disappoint. I'll take the other poster's advice and see if we can get 3A&B. http://www.airliners.net/photo/Air-F...-ER/1179166/L/
Old Mar 14, 2008, 4:08 am

Programs: FB Plat lifetimer,BA, US, LH
You know, that your pics had been First class. Bussiness are the two rows you see in the background of the pic.

The Mini Cabin row 3 and 4 are definetly the best C seats onboard the 77W. If you get 3 AB, lucky you. If you got only row 4, not too bad. The feeling in this small cabin is far better than in this hughe C cabin.
Old Mar 14, 2008, 12:29 pm
Original Poster

Yeah, I saw the seats that are ours are the blue ones, believe me if we were in those first class seats I'd know it and sure wouldn't be worrying about it! LOL Glad to hear they are good seats!
Old Mar 14, 2008, 12:53 pm

Programs: Air France Platinum - Qatar Airways Gold
There is one lavatory right behind 4K and 4L. The area behind 4A and 4B is the chief purser's workstation, certainly quieter than the lavatory, that's why I find 4A and 4B to be better seats than 4K and 4L.

I like the rear part of the main Affaires cabin too (rows 10 to 12). Meal service starts from row 12, then forward. I've had mixed experiences with rows 5 and 6 (too close to the galley and lavatories - 25 people behind you will pace the aisle between their seat and the lavatories or the l'Espace bar - without the advantages of the mini cabin).
Old Mar 14, 2008, 8:05 pm

Hello,

I've flown in both cabins and actually find the back of the 2nd cabin (row 12) is more calm ... less passages by the cabin crew (who don't know how to walk lightly in a plane ... STOMP STOMP STOMP) and in my experience I haven't been bothered by noise from the Tempo cabin.

As Falco said, the cabin crew start at the rear (row 12) when they go into the 2nd cabin (or at least they're supposed to apparently).
Old Mar 14, 2008, 11:48 pm
Original Poster

Interesting. Does that mean that if they start service at row 12 that we will actually get our meals last? That would stink if we didn't get our choice of entree. I thought I read somewhere that the mini cabin has it's own FA's for meal service? Darn it if I don't get my fattend baby duck's liver mousse, ha ha.

I'm ok with the stomping, thankfully I can sleep through a hurricane, especially on a long haul. It drives my husband crazy, he will lay there for hours staring at the ceiling and I just put my seat out, close my eyes and I'm vapor-LOL. I'm actually quite excited about this flight, it's the first time in 10 years that we haven't had to make a bunch of dumb connections to get business or first class with miles. Wooohooo.
Old Mar 15, 2008, 7:37 am

Hello,

No it does not mean you will be served last.

Rows 3-4 are served first.

When they go into the 2nd cabin, they start with 12 (or are supposed to).
Old Mar 19, 2008, 1:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Actually, there are two different services (at least the few times I was in C). the FA and service for the mini cabin is different from the main C cabin. When going to the lav you can see that the mini cabin has faster service than the main cabin. But the main cabin service starts later because it takes more time to load the trolley.
The people I know, and actually do fly in C, avoid row 4 altogether. That is if you care about noise. Row 4 is next to the galley/lav. The pic you see is very typical. The FAs tend to congregate there and talk, so your night might be quite noisy. IMO, row 4KL is very bad and 4AB is bad. The worse are row 5, to be avoided at all cost.
Old Apr 9, 2008, 11:52 am
Original Poster

But what about all of the millions of posts that say once the meal is served that the flight attendants on AF vaporize? Would it still make for a noisy night if they all run off after the meal is served? Also, the flight is an evening flight, would it be noisy then if most are sleeping? Where do these flight attendants go when they disappear as everyone says? Are they hanging around the buffet? Because that's what's right behind my seat. Well actually there is the door to the plane behind my seat and the buffet is to the right behind my seat. I just don't understandhow there could be so many conflicting opinions about these seats? I will see if 3A&B are available when we check in.
Old Apr 9, 2008, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
I've only taken 2 late night flights on AF 772s in the mid cabin but it appears the FAs must go to a crew rest area in the back of the a/c (by door 3 or 4). There's usually one FA who remains on duty in the galley.
Old May 3, 2008, 5:24 am

Hi
I'm booked on a flight later in the year to Joburg and have been given seat 4e in the forward business class section. Does anyone know if this is a decent seat or should i look to change it. Like other people i had conflicting advice about toilets & buffet bars.
Thanks

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.