Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Suggestions for improvement to AF operations

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2013, 2:13 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
OS sells Do&CO meals on its intra-European flights. Unless I am mistaken, you can book a meal very close to the flight time, for example, 2hrs before the flight in Vienna.
Old Nov 20, 2013, 2:52 am

Programs: FB Plat & DL KM, Le Club Plat, GHA Plat, HHonors Diamond
That's correct. In VIE you have a DO&CO counter next to check-in area right before security where you can place a last minute order.
Old Nov 20, 2013, 3:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by JOUY31
OS sells Do&CO meals on its intra-European flights. Unless I am mistaken, you can book a meal very close to the flight time, for example, 2hrs before the flight in Vienna.
Indeed, OS sells both Do&Co meals (€15 for a full meal which is way better than any AF C catering in Europe) and the flight upgrades (blind auction) on both short and middle-Eastern flights
Old Nov 20, 2013, 3:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by orbitmic
Indeed, OS sells both Do&Co meals (€15 for a full meal which is way better than any AF C catering in Europe) and the flight upgrades (blind auction) on both short and middle-Eastern flights
Interesting. I've flown OS a fair bit lately and have never been offered a meal, nor an upgrade. Maybe it's not fully rolled out or maybe just not well advertised. I've done online check in and not see any of this.
Old Nov 20, 2013, 4:08 am

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by stimpy
Interesting. I've flown OS a fair bit lately and have never been offered a meal, nor an upgrade. Maybe it's not fully rolled out or maybe just not well advertised. I've done online check in and not see any of this.
I think it is available on the whole short, medium, and middle-Eastern network so I would suspect not well advertised. OS used to offer fixed price upgrades at OLCI but I think they have discontinued them when moving to the 'smart upgrades' option system. I think you should be able to choose either option by going on their website with your PNR handy and looking for the two options directly ("Smart upgrade" and "Do&Co a la carte"). It might exclude flights operated by Austrian Arrows but I'm not sure (and in fact would be surprised)
Old Nov 20, 2013, 4:08 am

Programs: FB Plat & DL KM, Le Club Plat, GHA Plat, HHonors Diamond
You can arrange an a la carte meal here:
https://alacarte.doco.com/
Old Nov 20, 2013, 4:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by ajs123
You can arrange an a la carte meal here:
https://alacarte.doco.com/
Thanks, but I am personally more interested in upgrading to business class. I even have the Austrian iPhone app, but have never seen this option. However I think all flights to and from France are technically listed as Tyrolean, even though it is Austrian metal. Is that the reason why?
Old Nov 21, 2013, 8:48 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Thanks, but I am personally more interested in upgrading to business class. I even have the Austrian iPhone app, but have never seen this option. However I think all flights to and from France are technically listed as Tyrolean, even though it is Austrian metal. Is that the reason why?
All OS flights are "Tyrolean" flights. OS has moved all its operations to the Tyrolean AOC. That was a part of its (so far successful AFAIK) restructuring plan.
Old Aug 15, 2014, 2:42 pm

Programs: FB Gold
No Business class on BMI

Flying long haul back to CDG on Affaires, I am transferred to a BMI codeshare for my connection back to Manchester.
BMI does not have business class, so I just get allocated a random economy seat with minimum legroom.
How's about giving me an exit row seat with extra legroom?
Old Aug 22, 2014, 12:49 am

Originally Posted by MANman
Flying long haul back to CDG on Affaires, I am transferred to a BMI codeshare for my connection back to Manchester.
BMI does not have business class, so I just get allocated a random economy seat with minimum legroom.
How's about giving me an exit row seat with extra legroom?
I hate to be the bearer of tragic news, but I'm afraid bmi died a couple of years ago. Much missed it is too.

A small "bmi regional" airline still exists but since you mention MAN I suspect you are on one of the FlyBe code shares. It's a low cost style airline although you'll get a voucher for food and drink. I'm sure you could have asked AF to be put on one of their own metal later flights if you prefer.

Otherwise as is universally the case with code sharing has absolutely no way of deciding which seats you'll get on another airline so it is not up to them to give you a specific seat, exit row or otherwise, they simply can't.

Ps: a bit curious why you posted in this particular thread which seems an odd choice for that question
Old Aug 28, 2014, 2:01 pm

Programs: FB Gold
I hate to be the bearer of tragic news, but I'm afraid bmi died a couple of years ago.
Oops yes. Flybe

...Ps: a bit curious why you posted in this particular thread which seems an odd choice for that question
I bought a 4-leg business class ticket to China but was offered my final leg in Economy as Flybe have no business class. It was a bit of a let-down.
I posted here because my "Suggestions for improvement to AF operations" was that they offer business class passengers an extra legroom exit row seat.
Ryanair, Easyjet, Jet2 and even KLM can assign exit row seats. I suggest AF encourages Flybe to do likewise and then offers this benefit to their business class code share passengers.
Old Oct 4, 2014, 7:52 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK*G EL, KL P ELPL, ex AB P, ex LH/LX Sen, HHonors D4L, Bonvoy P
AF causes havoc at SCL immigration

This morning I was unfortunate enough to arrive a few minutes after the AF flight from Paris. The AF pax in Y (as it seems) were given only one page of the two page Chilean immigration form. Obviously they were all sent back by the immigration officers, seated themselves on the floor filling the form then squeezing in again ...

I talked to two of them and they told me they had asked for the full two page form (as they knew what it looks like) on the plane but were denied this privilege by AF cabin crew ... Talking about crew, they just made their way to the crew desk, obviously presenting a full two page form each of them ...

Regardless whether it's a cost cutting measure in Y (which is hard to believe) or just incompetence and arrigancy (which is not so hard to believe) I find it intolerable.
Old Oct 4, 2014, 12:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by swiss_global
This morning I was unfortunate enough to arrive a few minutes after the AF flight from Paris. The AF pax in Y (as it seems) were given only one page of the two page Chilean immigration form. Obviously they were all sent back by the immigration officers, seated themselves on the floor filling the form then squeezing in again ...

I talked to two of them and they told me they had asked for the full two page form (as they knew what it looks like) on the plane but were denied this privilege by AF cabin crew ... Talking about crew, they just made their way to the crew desk, obviously presenting a full two page form each of them ...

Regardless whether it's a cost cutting measure in Y (which is hard to believe) or just incompetence and arrigancy (which is not so hard to believe) I find it intolerable.
That doesn't make any sense and there should be another side of this story. AF has been serving SCL for decades (so they know which paperwork applies there) and I don't see why the crew would behave like this. May be simply the plane was improperly loaded in CDG with those papers and the crew discovered that in flight and there was nothing they could do. No big deal at the end, outside a minor inconvenience for the arriving pax, and certainly no reason to post some allegations against AF crews (incompetence, arrogance, intolerable behavior...) by somebody who was not even in this flight and not a concerned pax.
Old Oct 4, 2014, 3:17 pm

Programs: BA GGL, TK*G EL, KL P ELPL, ex AB P, ex LH/LX Sen, HHonors D4L, Bonvoy P
Originally Posted by Goldorak
and certainly no reason to post some allegations against AF crews (incompetence, arrogance, intolerable behavior...) by somebody who was not even in this flight and not a concerned pax.
Well, it certainly added 15mins, probably more, to my own waiting time in the queue, which was much longer than I ever experienced at SCL (>>10 arrivals to SCL). About whom should I complain other than AF? It doesn't matter whether if it happened in Paris at management level, when uploading docs or in mid air. It's all AF and it's extremely poor.
Old Oct 5, 2014, 2:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Well, it certainly added 15mins, probably more, to my own waiting time in the queue, which was much longer than I ever experienced at SCL (>>10 arrivals to SCL).
Oh my god I hope you will recover quickly from this horrible experience.

About whom should I complain other than AF? It doesn't matter whether if it happened in Paris at management level, when uploading docs or in mid air. It's all AF and it's extremely poor.
Unless I'm missing something in your story, when posting on this forum, you are not complaining to AF. You are just sharing a story, an opinion or asking a question in an AF forum. We (FT members on this forum) are not AF employees.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.