Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Could someone explain Schengen and Non-Schengen?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2005, 5:03 am

Programs: heaps...
dont you worry: you are in the system Also note that even if you are travelling within the Schengen area, you are required to have an goverment ID that states nationality, and for most contries that is the passport. SO you have to bring it, just not show it to anyone

This is extremely rarely enforced though
Old Nov 3, 2005, 6:13 am

Programs: AY, BT, DY and SK. Scandic, Radisson, Marriott and HHonors. ClubONE
Originally Posted by apoivre
They used to have some sort of a common travel area with the other Nordic countries so they joined Schengen with everyone else (Norway, Denmark, Sweden and Finland).
AFAIK this agreement is (additionally) still in effect, so you don't need a passport/other travelling document when travelling eg. Sweden to Norway providing you are a citizen of one of these countries. If you travel from Sweden to eg. Germany you do need this document.
Old Aug 10, 2022, 1:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Plat, lots of AA, AS, DL, UA miles, former top level CO Elite (sigh...)
What can I expect with regard to travel on Lufthansa from London Heathrow to Salzburg via a connection in Frankfurt?
Old Aug 10, 2022, 2:06 pm

Programs: KL Plat
Originally Posted by jlemon
What can I expect with regard to travel on Lufthansa from London Heathrow to Salzburg via a connection in Frankfurt?
A passport check in Frankfurt, possibly customs in Salzburg as coming from non-EU, but perhaps you could explain where Air France is involved here?
Old Aug 10, 2022, 3:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Plat, lots of AA, AS, DL, UA miles, former top level CO Elite (sigh...)
Originally Posted by Solevita
A passport check in Frankfurt, possibly customs in Salzburg as coming from non-EU, but perhaps you could explain where Air France is involved here?
Ah, I did not mention Air France in my post .... I mentioned Lufthansa.

However, I now see this is the Air France forum so please accept my apologies!
Solevita likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.