Wiki Posts
Search

ORY lounge : Patio

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2005, 11:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by AF680
I think it's time to open a thread about alizé class...
FYI, the special config aircraft COI (Caraďbes OcéanIndien) will exist for about one more year. AF is actually replacing them by regular config aircrafts and Alizé will no longer exist.
Old Nov 28, 2005, 11:10 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
return to topic...

any update about a patio lounge for hall 2 (la navette)?
any update about the renovation?
Old Nov 28, 2005, 1:45 pm

return to topic...

any update about a patio lounge for hall 2 (la navette)?
any update about the renovation?
Yes, there will be a Patio for La Navette flights.
The renovation should be complete in February 2006.
Old Nov 29, 2005, 12:55 am

Originally Posted by chrissxb
FYI, the special config aircraft COI (Caraďbes OcéanIndien) will exist for about one more year. AF is actually replacing them by regular config aircrafts and Alizé will no longer exist.
Are you certain? because I have heard about the configuration of the next "special COI" B 773 , and it seems they will be equiped with alizé.
And I don't think AF want loose the extra revenue of these seats wich are sold between 1500 (low season and advance purchase ) and 2500 euros (for an "economy" seat... it's not a bad revenue...).

But I'm agree with you, I don't understand very well the AF strategy about alizé class. I think the difference between alize and tempo is not big today with B 744 as it was with B 742 and B 743, because the improvment is bigger in tempo than in alizé class (just the PTV is new, and it is old fashioned).

And do you know why there's "only" 57 seats at the upperdeck fot the non-COI 744 ???

If AF decides not to maintain alize on COI flights and just offers these seats as elite seating, it would be a VERY GREAT NEW , but unfortunately, I don't expect it.

Thank you for the update about the ORY renovation.

And, I'm very sorry, but, what do you mean with "FYI" chrissxb, what a shame for me!!!
Old Nov 29, 2005, 1:43 am

Programs: Many
Are you certain? because I have heard about the configuration of the next "special COI" B 773 , and it seems they will be equiped with alizé.

And, I'm very sorry, but, what do you mean with "FYI" chrissxb, what a shame for me!!!
For Your Information, you seem to be right : http://www.airliners.net/discussions...2/6/#ID2357352

Old Nov 29, 2005, 3:14 am

...And, I'm very sorry, but, what do you mean with "FYI" chrissxb, what a shame for me!!!
Nothing to be ashamed of, I also spend a couple of minutes daily trying to find what these acronyms mean; sort of like Sudoku. But for the lazy ones, I found this site http://www.acronymfinder.com/, which helps!
Old Nov 29, 2005, 3:52 am

Thank you so much bodory and KLouis .

472 seats in a 773...

just a guess: at the front of the aircraft (between door 1 and 2);
14 J (2+3+2, normal configuration) and 36 S (alizé) in 4 row (3+3+3) OK.

BUT: here is the problem: whe need to put 422 seats in the three remaining sections. In the normal configuration, there's 235 seats in the two sections at the rear.
So, we have 2 solutions:
187 seats in the second section, i.e. 21 row... sounds very difficult.
OR... @:-) a configuration with 10 abreast (3+4+3) wich means 3*14*10=420 seats!!! hurra! (this is the configuration of UU, the main challenger on PAR-RUN, and on the carribean routes, AF's challengers use 9 abreast on 330 or 340...)

It is less than 1 year we have a normal product on COI flights (not all the destinations), and it sounds like the end...
Hope I'm wrong.

secondly: only 14 J seats (and 36S)? It is yet sometimes very difficult to find availability in business for the RUN-ORY flights... 22 J seats in the old 742 and 743, 17 today, 14 tomorrow...

but here we are: totally off topic!!!
Old Nov 29, 2005, 10:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton Gold, BA Gold
I got this info in a meeting with AF management. I'll try to get any official info.
Old Nov 29, 2005, 10:20 am

There is a lot of difference between the AF COI "coach class" (rather call it "charter class" or "cattle transportation".... I wonder how many passengers suffer from severe embolism after a 8 or 12 hours flight in those conditions...

The seat pitch on Alizé is quite decent and even better than the regular AF coach seat pitch on European flights... OK this is no Business Class... but I find it to be half way between a "normal" coach class and Business class.
Old Nov 29, 2005, 12:46 pm

Programs: Air France Platinum - Qatar Airways Gold
My understanding is that Alizé is AF's product for business travellers who cannot afford business class on COI routes (or whose company's travel policy won't allow business class for employees).

The most appropriate benchmark is Tempo Challenge: flexibility, specific cabin, business travellers who won't travel in business class on shorthaul routes, better food than in coach (easy since there is no real food in coach... ), lounge access at CDG... a kind of Canada Dry for business class. Yet your reservation status and your BP still say you're in coach, so it's OK for the company. Coincidence? Booking class for Tempo Challenge and Alizé are the same: S.

I would be very surprised if AF were to drop the Alizé concept.
Old Nov 29, 2005, 1:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: FB Plat, CX Diamond, TK Elite *G, EK Gold, EY Silv, Amex Cent, R&C 5C, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Avis PC
This is well known... Last time I flew CDG-RUN, they called 4 times for a doctor on board since 4 passengers were sick (all coach pax)... I have a few friends (they're doctors) that travel on that route regularly and say it's quite common...

[QUOTE=Joelle]There is a lot of difference between the AF COI "coach class" (rather call it "charter class" or "cattle transportation".... I wonder how many passengers suffer from severe embolism after a 8 or 12 hours flight in those conditions...
Old Nov 30, 2005, 7:09 am

I am quite sure this is a common event on such flights... and this is quite a shame...

but when advising occasional travellers... most of them have never heard about the embolism story... and only care about the cheapest flight they can find...

This recently happened to a Dutch business contact coming back from China... He has now recovered but the incident was rather serious and he swears that he will not "go Dutch" next time and will select the Business class option!!!

Regarding Alizé on COI routes, we always select this option (regular holiday destination for us), as husband would object on the price of Business class tickets for two...

Last edited by Joelle; Nov 30, 2005 at 7:15 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.