Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ 5A1 - Paris CDG Airport FAQ

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2016, 12:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by cayohueso
The answer is probably in here but I've had no luck. Flying J on AF IAH-CDG then connecting to AF/HOP to FRA with 90 minutes to make it. Do I clear immigration/customs in CDG and should that be enough time with checked luggage?
Yes and yes.
Old Jun 13, 2016, 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by cayohueso
The answer is probably in here but I've had no luck. Flying J on AF IAH-CDG then connecting to AF/HOP to FRA with 90 minutes to make it. Do I clear immigration/customs in CDG and should that be enough time with checked luggage?
To add to what Goldorak has said, you don't clear customs in CDG, your bag will be checked in all the way to FRA where you will clear customer, however unlike the US, most chances are that you can just pass through and nobody will look at you.
You will clear immigration (i.e. show your passport and it stamped) in CDG.
Old Jun 14, 2016, 8:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP; UAMM
Meet airside 2A

Flying on 6/18 into T2A on AA44 from JFK arriving 6:45am. I want meet family arriving into T2A on AA786 from CLT at 8:35. Is it possible to deplane and walk to another gate in 2A without leaving secure zone? I'm assuming the gates will be close together, since they're both AA flights. If possible, can I access a One World club while waiting? Everybody has carry-on only, so no baggage issues.
Old Jun 14, 2016, 11:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by nor4
Is it possible to deplane and walk to another gate in 2A without leaving secure zone?
No. Arrival and departures flows are completely separated. You will have to wait for your family landside.
Old Jun 15, 2016, 6:00 am

Programs: AA EXP; UAMM
Plan B

Originally Posted by Goldorak
No. Arrival and departures flows are completely separated. You will have to wait for your family landside.
Given no airside meetup, can you recommend a spot landside to wait/snack/ meet landside that will be easy for later arriving family to find?
Old Jun 15, 2016, 4:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by nor4
Given no airside meetup, can you recommend a spot landside to wait/snack/ meet landside that will be easy for later arriving family to find?
There are several cafés/restaurant in the corridor linking 2A and 2C. 2 min walk from the arrival point (when you reach landside). And you can still go back to this arrival point to meet with your family when they arrive.
Old Jun 19, 2016, 12:58 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Hilton Diamond *Wood Gold, Hertz PC
Arriving AF, booked via DL, from LAX (in J) which seems likely to be 2E. Connecting to an AF flight to MUC which will likely be 2F. We have 100 minutes if everything is on time. I know that this is doable under normal circumstances. However, we are traveling with my 78 year old mother who has some mobility issues. She will not have any issues walking off the aircraft, but will not be able to do anything much longer than that.

My questions are:

1. Do I just request wheelchair assistance from DL knowing that she will walk on / off the aircraft

2. Will they take her all the way through immigration to 2F or is there going to be a "transfer" to another staff member at some point.

I ask given the time allowance and potential lines along the route, especially if the arriving flight is delayed some.
Old Jun 19, 2016, 2:24 pm

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meliá silver.
Originally Posted by WestCoastFlyer
I ask given the time allowance and potential lines along the route, especially if the arriving flight is delayed some.
I suggest you contact the dedicated AF service called SAPHIR.

800 210-6508
[email protected]
Old Jun 19, 2016, 10:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by WestCoastFlyer
2. Will they take her all the way through immigration to 2F or is there going to be a "transfer" to another staff member at some point.

Yes, they will take her all the way. And don't worry about lines : with the wheelchair, you skip all lines !
Old Jun 20, 2016, 2:09 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Hilton Diamond *Wood Gold, Hertz PC
carnarvon and Goldorak, Thanks for the info
Old Jun 20, 2016, 2:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

new limit check-in times for non-Schengen medium haul flights ex-CDG

Starting today (20/06), the limit check-in times for non-Schengen medium haul flights departing from CDG 2E goes from H-40 min to H-60 min (so identical as long-haul). This is due to the increased security measures with the terror alert and state of emergency.
AF said they will be "tolerant" during the 1st days if pax arrives at the desk between H-60 and H-40.

The concerned destinations are : Algiers (ALG), Casablanca (CMN), Erevan (EVN), Istanbul (IST), Kiev (KBP), Saint Petersburg (LED), Bucarest (OTP), Rabat (RBA), Sofia (SOF), Moscou (SVO), Tel Aviv (TLV), Tunis (TUN) and Zagreb (ZAG).
Old Jun 22, 2016, 2:55 pm

Any experience interlining bags in CDG on AF to UA? Flying CDG-AMS-IAH. CDG-AMS on AF and AMS-IAH on UA with separate tickets. 150 minutes connection time in AMS.

Any feedback welcome. Thank you.
Old Jun 22, 2016, 3:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by k_a_r_t
Any experience interlining bags in CDG on AF to UA? Flying CDG-AMS-IAH. CDG-AMS on AF and AMS-IAH on UA with separate tickets. 150 minutes connection time in AMS.

Any feedback welcome. Thank you.
Almost 0 chance. But with 2:30 connection time, this is enough to collect them and re-check.
Old Jul 1, 2016, 3:04 pm

Hi. I will be flying SFO-CDG-BCN with a 1 hour connection. Looks like I will arrive in 2E and depart from 2F. Any major concerns with this timing? There are obviously later flights if something happens, but it would add about 3 hours to the connection at a minimum.
Old Jul 1, 2016, 4:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by grant15
Hi. I will be flying SFO-CDG-BCN with a 1 hour connection. Looks like I will arrive in 2E and depart from 2F. Any major concerns with this timing? There are obviously later flights if something happens, but it would add about 3 hours to the connection at a minimum.
Feasible but tight of course. Do not loose time en-route.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.