Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BOS lounge

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2003, 5:54 pm
Original Poster

BOS Terminal E lounge

Is there a BOS terminal E crown room lounge? It used to be in the old C terminal but Masport in their infinate wisdom made AF go out of terminal E.

So have they erected a new room yet or not. Thanks.
Old Jun 4, 2004, 7:55 pm
Original Poster

Boston AF lounge?

Since AF moved from the delta terminal to the E terminal at boston is their an AF lounge anymore?

Is there any lounge in the E terminal for AF buisness?

Thks
Old Jun 6, 2004, 2:41 pm

Programs: AF Gold, QF Plat, VX, AA, UA
hmm, i too would like to find out. i doubt they've newly constructed an af lounge, but with the merger we're supposed to be able to use kl lounges. does the nw lounge in terminal e qualify as a kl lounge and thus offer access to af pax?
Old Jun 6, 2004, 8:06 pm
Original Member

AF as well as VS passengers use the old and basic NW WorldClub in BOS.
Old Jun 28, 2004, 4:41 pm

Programs: AF Gold, QF Plat, VX, AA, UA
Unhappy

Originally Posted by leroy11
AF as well as VS passengers use the old and basic NW WorldClub in BOS.
I'm currently in BOS Terminal E and I'm sad to report AF is no longer using the NW WorldClub :-( ... I was looking forward to the spread that would be put out as my flight time coincides with a VS flight:

Originally Posted by bergamini
If you are taking a flight that coincides with the times that a Virgin Atlantic flight leaves, there is quite a spread of food & upgraded booze like champagne. Virgin pays for the food, but all are allowed to partake of it. But it's only during a Virgin departure that it's there.
Anyway the food spread is somewhat paltry, but acceptable. And we do have champagne. However the lounge itself is quite small and rather crowded at the moment! The lounge does feel recently put-together. The sole television is a 21-inch CRT model on a metal cart! And the reception desk is a lame steel deal that looks like it came from Walmart. There are two rooms, a small one with the TV and six seats, and a larger one with a dozen loveseats and as many easychairs—no business center!

I wonder:

What prompted the switch from the NW lounge? I've never been to the E WorldClub, but this lounge is certainly inferior to the DL CRC that AF used to use in C.

And, is this lounge temporary? Regardless of renovations that might be made, it seems simply too small to support the traffic here.

I'm a bit disappointed by AF right now. Hopefully I will be allowed into a lounge in CDG.

--

EDIT: Just saw sign indicating that lounge is temporary, and apologizing for its condition. Ah, my faith in AF is once again restored. Apparently the new lounge will be opening in October. Cheers - Teo

Last edited by teo88; Jun 28, 2004 at 4:57 pm Reason: saw sign indicating lounge is temporary
Old Jun 30, 2004, 10:13 am

it would all be moot, if only the idiots at Massport let AF use Terminal C for departures. Terminal C has an adequate Crown Room, which is certainly better than no lounge.

Last xmas, CKDGM and I flew BOS-CDG (booked in C, we were bumped up to F on an opup ) and there was no lounge then. We were promised it was "coming" with no date. Things were in disarray at the ticket counter, too, as at the time, they couldn't do any reticketing (or couldn't reticket our itinerary) and had to send our tickets over to Terminal C to be handled at the DL counter.
Old Jul 5, 2004, 1:32 pm

Programs: AF FB Plat, AA Gld
AF lounge in Oct. 04

Originally Posted by Diesel
Since AF moved from the delta terminal to the E terminal at boston is their an AF lounge anymore?

Is there any lounge in the E terminal for AF buisness?

Thks
AF will have its own lounge in BOS in Oct., right after you pass security at Term. E.

JB
Old Jul 22, 2005, 5:44 pm
Suspended

BOS AF Lounge

I have a friend flying BOS-CDG in a few weeks who is Elite Plus and wanted to know what the lounges were like in BOS?

I have walked past the AF lounge on the way to BA's, is it a combined lounge, any decent champagne, snacks?

I assume the NW WC lounge that is shared with other Skyteam members is much bigger, is it windowless like the other Terminal E lounges?
Old Jul 23, 2005, 1:42 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum For Life, BA Bronze, LH FQTV
Last time I flew BOS-CDG in 2002, the AF lounge was the DL Crown lounge, not bad at all, with windows, internet access and a nice choice of beverages at the bar.
Old Jul 23, 2005, 5:10 am
Suspended

I do not know, if AF uses the NW WC, but the WC is indeed one level down from the departure gate level, but has its own boarding doors, which is very convenient.

Typical WC, crackers, cheese, apples, open bar, limited selection of newspapers and magazines....
Old Jul 24, 2005, 2:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Virgin Atlantic also shares the NW WC and apparently puts out
quite the spread for it's Upper Class pax (haven't experienced it
personally). If your friend is on the later AF flight, I'd suggest checking
out the WC.
Old Jul 26, 2005, 1:51 am

Programs: AF FB Plat, AA Gld
The AF lounge in BOS is a tiny windowless space, with good drinks (cocktails and champagne), limited snacks and limited seating, although I have always found a seat.

AF is planning on moving their lounge. It was supposed to happen in 2005 and I believe nothing will happen until next year now.

As far as I'm concerned, it's still a decent place compared to the chaos of Terminal E boarding area when you have simultaneous boardings of VS and BA 747s !!!!
Old Jul 26, 2005, 9:05 am

Programs: AS: 75K; DL/NW: Plat; DL SC: Lifetime; Hyatt: Diamond; HH: Gold; SPG: Plat;
Originally Posted by LBJ
Virgin Atlantic also shares the NW WC and apparently puts out
quite the spread for it's Upper Class pax (haven't experienced it
personally). If your friend is on the later AF flight, I'd suggest checking
out the WC.
I believe this is a myth. I've recently visited the NW WC lounge around the time that the VS UC passengers would be there (5-6pm), and have never seen any kind of a food spread. Has anybody actually seen (or better yet, sampled...) this alleged VS spread?
Old Aug 15, 2005, 8:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Talking

Originally Posted by bostonbali
I believe this is a myth. I've recently visited the NW WC lounge around the time that the VS UC passengers would be there (5-6pm), and have never seen any kind of a food spread. Has anybody actually seen (or better yet, sampled...) this alleged VS spread?
yep, after the NW flights to AMS and DTW/MSP have departed, they serve really nice food . Once my flight to MSP was delayed 1.5 hrs, due to weather, and we got to sample the food. New England Clam Chowder, roast beef, fresh vegis, maple nut cake and so on. This was by far the best food selection I had ever seen in a lounge in North America. Plus they have Champagne, contrary to other NW WCs. I can recommend the WC in Boston.
Old Sep 23, 2005, 2:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I was in the tiny BOS AF lounge yesterday and they had a notice that the new lounge would be ready in December, 2005. I will believe it when I see it.

I was on the 17:35 flight and the lounge was packed. The people coming in for the second flight couldn't find a seat til those of us on the first flight left.

There were several Dutch people who tried to get into the AF lounge before their flight to AMS, but the agent sent them over to the NW lounge. One guy said "But AF is a Skyteam member, no?". And the agent just shrugged and said "We only have 35 seats here".

On the plus side, they had decent Champagne and alcohol choices.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.