Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BOS lounge

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2006, 2:27 pm

Programs: UA:1K MM, AF:FB-Platinum; QR: PC Platinum, FI: Saga Gold
Originally Posted by stimpy
I was in the tiny BOS AF lounge yesterday and they had a notice that the new lounge would be ready in December, 2005. I will believe it when I see it.

Is there any news on this front ?
Old Dec 25, 2006, 9:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Braniff
Is there any news on this front ?
yep, news is no news, same old lounge, no change at all. They really have to do something about the lounge situation. With the one 747 a day the lounge is completely overcrowded. 40 C pax plus whatever Elite Plus members they have that day. Last Friday the lounge was packed. Drinks are still quite decent and we went through a number of champagne bottles
Old Apr 7, 2010, 11:27 am

Programs: DL GM 1MM, MR LT Titanium
AF just opened up a new lounge in BOS on 6 April! It looks like it's in the old NW WorldClub space.

http://www.facebook.com/p.php?i=7850...=2354736586945

(Note you need a Facebook account to view the pictures. If I find another link, I'll post it.)
Old Apr 7, 2010, 12:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by LoganFlyer
AF just opened up a new lounge in BOS on 6 April! It looks like it's in the old NW WorldClub space.

http://www.facebook.com/p.php?i=7850...=2354736586945

(Note you need a Facebook account to view the pictures. If I find another link, I'll post it.)
That's great news. BOS lounge was one of the worst with LAX in AF North American network. I'll go there in august and september so will definitely try the new lounge. I can't access your pictures so if yu have another link, o not hesitate
Old Apr 10, 2010, 2:27 am

More info on the new BOS lounge

Air France Opens New Business Class Lounge in Boston
Published on: April 7, 2010

Air France has opened its new Affaires (Business Class) lounge at Boston’s Logan International Airport. The lounge has been named the “Graf Lounge” in honor of Daniel Graf, Air France’s Boston station manager, who is retiring after 45 years of dedicated service. The lounge, Air France’s largest in the U.S., is 6,200 square feet and seats over 110 passengers. It has a reception area, dining and bar areas. Additional amenities include a private entry elevator and stairs; distinct work, leisure and relaxation areas; two private meeting rooms; two high-definition televisions, free Wi-Fi coverage; copier/fax equipment; windows overlooking the aircraft parking area; Air France beverages and snacks; and more.
Old Apr 10, 2010, 2:37 am

Originally Posted by Goldorak
I can't access your pictures so if yu have another link, o not hesitate
Try clicking on this - worked for me...

http://bit.ly/ao6DxY
Old Apr 10, 2010, 4:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Braniff
Air France Opens New Business Class Lounge in Boston
Published on: April 7, 2010

Air France has opened its new Affaires (Business Class) lounge at Boston’s Logan International Airport. The lounge has been named the “Graf Lounge” in honor of Daniel Graf, Air France’s Boston station manager, who is retiring after 45 years of dedicated service. The lounge, Air France’s largest in the U.S., is 6,200 square feet and seats over 110 passengers. It has a reception area, dining and bar areas. Additional amenities include a private entry elevator and stairs; distinct work, leisure and relaxation areas; two private meeting rooms; two high-definition televisions, free Wi-Fi coverage; copier/fax equipment; windows overlooking the aircraft parking area; Air France beverages and snacks; and more.
Waouhh ! Definitely nice and a huge improvement. Largest lounge in the US means lager than JFK which is already huge ! AF seems definitely to have big ambitions and commitments to BOS (and also to term E because they could have joined DL terminal, although for the departure only)
Old Apr 10, 2010, 10:04 pm

shower facility

Does the new lounge have shower facility?

Last edited by Red25; Apr 10, 2010 at 10:14 pm
Old Apr 10, 2010, 10:11 pm

Originally Posted by Red25
Does the new lounge have shower facility?
Old Apr 11, 2010, 10:20 am

I would assume the answer is NO. They would undoubtedly have mentioned it explicitly in the announcement if there were showers...

And there's no way this lounge could be used as an arrivals lounge for incoming AF pax.
Old Apr 23, 2010, 7:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It looks like AF finally opened the new lounge in BOS. I read about it in a local travel newspaper and it sounded really nice. Windows (!), private elevator access, dining (!) area. Has anyone been there yet? I am scheduled to fly on May 7, but was thinking about SDC to a flight via DTW ... now the new AF lounge could be a reason to stay on the flight via CDG

Anyone?
Old Apr 28, 2010, 2:14 pm

Hi cfischer,

There are no showers.

There are windows, but they don't really give out to much ... one side gives out to an unused hallway (public side, not accessible from lounge) on that mezzanine level and the other window gives out to a hallway that leads to immigration (from gate E4), but you can still see out and see any planes parked at gate E4 and E5.

As for a "dining" area, there are tables, on which one COULD dine, but there is no hot food, only snacks.

In any event certainly an improvement over the previous one.

Originally Posted by cfischer
It looks like AF finally opened the new lounge in BOS. I read about it in a local travel newspaper and it sounded really nice. Windows (!), private elevator access, dining (!) area. Has anyone been there yet? I am scheduled to fly on May 7, but was thinking about SDC to a flight via DTW ... now the new AF lounge could be a reason to stay on the flight via CDG

Anyone?

Last edited by airchristophe; Apr 28, 2010 at 2:23 pm
Old Apr 28, 2010, 6:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by airchristophe
Hi cfischer,

There are no showers.

There are windows, but they don't really give out to much ... one side gives out to an unused hallway (public side, not accessible from lounge) on that mezzanine level and the other window gives out to a hallway that leads to immigration (from gate E4), but you can still see out and see any planes parked at gate E4 and E5.

As for a "dining" area, there are tables, on which one COULD dine, but there is no hot food, only snacks.

In any event certainly an improvement over the previous one.

so basically it is a bit nicer, more space, not a rat hole anymore ... still no decent food? Nothing? The good old crackers? Hmmm, maybe I'll rebook via DTW and test it out another time.
Thanks for the info!
Old Apr 29, 2010, 7:23 am

Because the Delta Sky Lounges are that much better ?

Oh I forgot there is free wi-fi in the AF BOS lounge.

Originally Posted by cfischer
so basically it is a bit nicer, more space, not a rat hole anymore ... still no decent food? Nothing? The good old crackers? Hmmm, maybe I'll rebook via DTW and test it out another time.
Thanks for the info!
Old Apr 29, 2010, 6:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by airchristophe
Because the Delta Sky Lounges are that much better ?

Oh I forgot there is free wi-fi in the AF BOS lounge.
All of Logan has free wifi

Nope, not for the Delta lounges, but for the 1.5k extra miles. My PNR is currently f!cked up so badly that Delta needs to fix it anyway ... any usually this means they bump you to Y ... and then I'd rather cash in and go through DTW

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.