Search

[Currently closed] AF arrivals lounge in CDG 2C

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2016, 2:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by Shawn02139
Seems like the only lounge in 2D doesn't have a shower, and I access the Air France lounge in 2E after we deplane from IAD, or are we seperated into an arrivals/transfer queue, left with a choice of only continuing to 2D, or going through immigration to hit the arrivals lounge?
Yes you will not be able to access the 2E departures area. I don't think there is an alternative to the 2C arrivals lounge from an AF perspective if your outbound is terminal is 2D. There might be paid showers in 2D though if you search.
Old Jul 22, 2016, 7:21 am

shower

Arriving AF from IAH with connection to Istanbul. Both flights operate out of 2E.

Where is the nearest shower? Do I have to exit to use arrivals lounge in 2C?
Old Jul 22, 2016, 8:13 am

Programs: FB Plat for life, FB PC, M&M FT, Hertz President (+ many low tier cards)
Originally Posted by jpaxton
Arriving AF from IAH with connection to Istanbul. Both flights operate out of 2E.

Where is the nearest shower? Do I have to exit to use arrivals lounge in 2C?
No need to go to the arrivals lounge (Which indeed requires an exit). Instead, just go the 2E satellite of your connecting flight, enter the lounge there, and you will find excellent shower facilities there which are available to all people entitled to lounge access.

Last edited by Zembla; Jul 22, 2016 at 10:02 am
Old Jul 23, 2016, 4:07 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I don't know when this changed, but one no longer orders breakfast from a menu here. Instead, there's a buffet table in the back corner with raw ham, thinly sliced chicken breast, good cheese, and some small fashionable sandwiches like smoked salmon. Very nice.
Old Jul 23, 2016, 4:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I don't know when this changed, but one no longer orders breakfast from a menu here. Instead, there's a buffet table in the back corner with raw ham, thinly sliced chicken breast, good cheese, and some small fashionable sandwiches like smoked salmon. Very nice.
I think you are confusing with another lounge. There has never been breakfast menu and special orders at the arrival lounge in 2C. The only AF lounge at CDG proposing this is the P lounge.
Old Jul 23, 2016, 6:32 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Goldorak
I think you are confusing with another lounge. There has never been breakfast menu and special orders at the arrival lounge in 2C. The only AF lounge at CDG proposing this is the P lounge.
Could I possibly remember someone bringing food to me from the kitchen when I was there late and close to their closing time?

BTW, we had to evacuate today around noon. There was a security scare. Apparently someone left an unattended bag in the terminal and people were all told to leave most of terminals 2A and 2C. I don't know how it was resolved as I just got out of there.
Old Jul 23, 2016, 7:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Could I possibly remember someone bringing food to me from the kitchen when I was there late and close to their closing time?
that should be it.

BTW, we had to evacuate today around noon. There was a security scare. Apparently someone left an unattended bag in the terminal and people were all told to leave most of terminals 2A and 2C. I don't know how it was resolved as I just got out of there.
This is happening every day due to stupid pax who forget their belongings. This is really a huge problem and this causes many delays. It has always been taken very seriously in Parisian airports (I have faced that kind of evacuations countless times ), but especially right now in the context we are in.
People who forget their bags can get huge fines, but I am sure no one ever get fined...
Old Jul 24, 2016, 4:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by Goldorak
This is happening every day due to stupid pax who forget their belongings. This is really a huge problem and this causes many delays. It has always been taken very seriously in Parisian airports (I have faced that kind of evacuations countless times ), but especially right now in the context we are in.
People who forget their bags can get huge fines, but I am sure no one ever get fined...
Not just Paris and not just airports. It happens a lot at train stations too. Just last week at Lyon Part-Dieu when I was there. And one time I recall the entire Grandes Lignes area of Gare Du Nord shut down for over an hour. Chaos.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 9:20 am

Public service announcement: If you must evacuate the arrivals lounge, try to walk toward C rather than A so that you don't get stuck on the curb outside of A with no way to leave.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 9:55 pm

Programs: AAdvatage Executive Platinum / Cathay Pacific Marco Polo Club - Green
Can I pay to access this lounge if I am arriving on Cathay Pacific?

It seems it is the only arrivals lounge with showers at CDG.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 11:38 pm

Programs: Skyteam E+ (FB PfL), Latam Black, LH MM, Iberia plus, HH: Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy: Plat
Originally Posted by kingbat
Can I pay to access this lounge if I am arriving on Cathay Pacific?

It seems it is the only arrivals lounge with showers at CDG.
Unfortunately the answer is no.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 12:52 pm

Programs: Flying Blue, Miles&Smiles
I visited this oddly placed lounge recently and realized (as pointed out in post 499) that you have to pay for access when travelling in Y on DL being ST E+.

More interestingly, while discussing with the staff (who were rather friendly, I would like to point out), they talked about a rumour of a new arrivals lounge that might arrive in 2020. It would be closer to current operations in 2E, which perfectly makes sense. Anybody else heard about this?
Old Jun 20, 2017, 1:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by sigbjod
More interestingly, while discussing with the staff (who were rather friendly, I would like to point out), they talked about a rumour of a new arrivals lounge that might arrive in 2020. It would be closer to current operations in 2E, which perfectly makes sense. Anybody else heard about this?
Yes, the project clearly exists (I am among the ones to have insisted many times about the importance to move this lounge to the east if the platform where AF ops are), but nothing is firmly decided yet, as AF gave the priority to the 2G lounge (now done) and to the future unified single 2F lounge.
If I'd have to bet on a date for the new arrival lounge, I would rather say not before 2021.
Old Jun 24, 2017, 8:35 am

Programs: FB Gold
Originally Posted by sigbjod
I visited this oddly placed lounge recently and realized (as pointed out in post 499) that you have to pay for access when travelling in Y on DL being ST E+.
Arriving in SV C being FB Gold they also asked me to pay. For this arrival, the lounge would be almost perfect, but as I had a connection at Terminal 2F, I opted for the lounge there.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 9:11 am

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, National EE, AS MVP Gold 75K, AC 75K
Can I use the lounges in 2E on arrival if I'm not connecting to any flights? Flying in from YYZ and have ST Elite+ status. Have a lunch meeting and don't think my hotel room will be ready in time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.