Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Currently closed] AF arrivals lounge in CDG 2C

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2015, 4:00 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold, Miles & More, Skywards
Originally Posted by Goldorak
Sorry for disagreeing but if you are not connecting in CDG and your objective is to have a shower and change clothes after disembarking from a long-haul flight and before going to work, then it definitely worths the walk. And about basic food, it's breakfast type food so exactly what you have to expect in an arrival lounge.
I can agree with this... We used the lounge because of a long layover in CDG (3 hours) coming from a long haul flight. The next flight being a regional one, the lounge option would have been 2G, which is just not good for a stay longer than a 15 minutes.

I believe AF has to do something about this. Maybe they forgot when imagining 2G, that many PAX (possibly J PAX) connect from a long haul to a regional flight.

When arriving at 2G, we were told "Take a seat". I asked "Where? There is none left". Answer from AF crew: "Correct, it's always full in the morning. Take a coffee to go.".

When paying a J class ticket, a PAX can expect more than this.

So, to come back to 2C, we used it as an alternative to 2G... to find out it's as small (+ showers) and is far far far away.
Old Oct 31, 2015, 5:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by volerbleu
I can agree with this... We used the lounge because of a long layover in CDG (3 hours) coming from a long haul flight. The next flight being a regional one, the lounge option would have been 2G, which is just not good for a stay longer than a 15 minutes.
AF is fully aware of this problem and that's why they are building out a new large lounge at 2G. Some of us have seen a preview and it looks like it will be great.
Old Oct 31, 2015, 8:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by volerbleu

I believe AF has to do something about this. Maybe they forgot when imagining 2G, that many PAX (possibly J PAX) connect from a long haul to a regional flight.

When arriving at 2G, we were told "Take a seat". I asked "Where? There is none left". Answer from AF crew: "Correct, it's always full in the morning. Take a coffee to go.".

When paying a J class ticket, a PAX can expect more than this.

So, to come back to 2C, we used it as an alternative to 2G... to find out it's as small (+ showers) and is far far far away.
You are correct about 2G lounge : total crap and indeed hardly acceptable for a connecting J pax. As Stimpy has said, AF is building a large brand new lounge (on-par and even better than the other lounges). Suppose to open late 2016 IIRC and if no delay.
Old Jan 17, 2016, 7:16 am

Programs: Flying Blue (LTPE) All (Gold)
Rules for access in arrival lounge CDG T2 C

For newbies:

The T2C arrivals lounge at CDG, located in the public zone opposite entrance C10, welcomes all customers on arrival from all flights at CDG and offers them the opportunity to get back into shape after their flight.

It is open from 05:00 to 14:00.

The arrivals lounge services
Several exclusive services are offered:
- 14 shower cubicles,
- an ironing station,
- a dining area with offering continental breakfast,
- all the usual services: TV area, internet area with PCs,
Wi-Fi, international press.

Eligible passengers

Free access for:

- La Premičre customers
- AF/KL/DL Marketing Business customers arriving on a Long-Haul flight
- AF/KL Marketing Flying Blue Elite Plus customers arriving on a Long-haul
flight
- Business customers arriving on all flights and in connection with
TGVAIR and AIR&RAIL

Paid access:

Subject to availability
- AF/KL Marketing customers arriving on a Medium-Haul flight
- SkyTeam Marketing customers
- DL Elite Plus Marketing customers arriving on a Long-Haul flight
- Other airline marketing customers, etc.

Rates

Before 10:00: EUR 50
After 10:00: EUR 35

Payment by bank card only on entering the lounge
Old Apr 1, 2016, 12:36 pm

Programs: DL, AS, UA, AA
Used lounge for a quick shower and breakfast after arriving from Detroit on Delta One few weeks ago, posting a photo here of where the entrance is next to the #10 checkin stand at the very end (west-most) corner of the departures level of Terminal 2C. Note the connector in the photo to the right takes you to 2A.

The walk from the gate the Delta flight parked at in 2E, through immigration and out through arrivals hall in 2E, up escalators to departures level, then through entire length of 2E departures AND 2C departure hall took FOREVER!!! 30 minutes walk no joke. Needed that shower just from the sweat of walking that distance!

Once in the lounge doors, small desk with checkin lady, she didn't crack a smile... Checked my Delta One boarding pass (keep that!) and motioned for me to enter.

Shower stalls are self-serve, has towels but no shampoo. Water very hot and good pressure with lots of jets. Nice wood paneling and clean.

Breakfast were continental selection of croissants, juices, etc.

Zeeb likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2016, 1:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by a2aperture
Shower stalls are self-serve, has towels but no shampoo.
? Did you not see a little plastic pouch with shampoo, jell, comb, razor and shaving lotion? There is one in every shower and if not you need to ask the attendant.
Old Apr 2, 2016, 12:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by stimpy
? Did you not see a little plastic pouch with shampoo, jell, comb, razor and shaving lotion? There is one in every shower and if not you need to ask the attendant.
There is no shampoo in this kit. The shampoo is the same product as shower gel (body & hair) fixed on the wall in the shower.
Old Apr 10, 2016, 1:22 am

Programs: AAexp, UA*G, HY LT Globalist, FB Plat, Centurion
KQ

I'm arriving into 2C from Nairobi on a KQ operated flight and flying from 2F to Budapest. Is it worth it to go to arrivals lounge or just go to 2F and shower there? I have 5 hours between flights.
Old Apr 10, 2016, 3:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by SQPPS
I'm arriving into 2C from Nairobi on a KQ operated flight and flying from 2F to Budapest. Is it worth it to go to arrivals lounge or just go to 2F and shower there? I have 5 hours between flights.
With such a long layover, it's definitely better to shower in the arrival lounge in 2C and especially knowing that you will arrive in 2C.
Old Apr 10, 2016, 3:23 am

Programs: AAexp, UA*G, HY LT Globalist, FB Plat, Centurion
Thanks. I hate 2F

Any good restaurants in 2C?

Last edited by SQPPS; Apr 10, 2016 at 3:48 am
Old Apr 10, 2016, 8:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SQPPS
Any good restaurants in 2C?
Yes, right near the arrivals lounge there is one of the ubiquitous Paul counters, but if you walk past the fast-food counter there is a decent restaurant behind it.
Old May 26, 2016, 9:55 am

Programs: Delta, Turkish Elite, American
Trying to confirm that as a Skyteam Elite Plus (Delta Gold) flying Y from IAD to Paris and then onward on Kenya Airways to Nairobi that I will not be able to access this lounge during my connection in Paris? The Salon Paris will be the option for me airside?
Old May 26, 2016, 11:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kahuna613
Trying to confirm that as a Skyteam Elite Plus (Delta Gold) flying Y from IAD to Paris and then onward on Kenya Airways to Nairobi that I will not be able to access this lounge during my connection in Paris? The Salon Paris will be the option for me airside?
I'm not sure about groundside. Maybe it depends on how busy it is, but yes airside you have the AF lounges which have showers.
Old May 26, 2016, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by kahuna613
Originally Posted by stimpy
I'm not sure about groundside. Maybe it depends on how busy it is, but yes airside you have the AF lounges which have showers.
Indeed, you should stay airside and go to the lounge there.
Old Jun 27, 2016, 9:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2mm; UA 1k;
We are arriving CDG in business from IAD on france, and continuing on Bulgaria Air (business) out of terminal 2D.

I'm interested in a shower, but will be with small children so prefer not to walk long distances.

Seems like the only lounge in 2D doesn't have a shower, and I access the Air France lounge in 2E after we deplane from IAD, or are we seperated into an arrivals/transfer queue, left with a choice of only continuing to 2D, or going through immigration to hit the arrivals lounge?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.