Search

[Currently closed] AF arrivals lounge in CDG 2C

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2015, 3:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by Goldorak
Not enough time IMO to go to 2C (feasible but a bit tight). You'll have to go to the 2F lounge, where you can have shower too.
Is your flight in march ? Because DUS is unfortunately moving soon to 2G and this is a complete disaster in term of lounge
I normally would not consider going out to 2C when the lounge in 2F is perfectly fine and has showers that I've used often. But if DUS has indeed moved to 2G, then maybe. But are we really sure DUS will move in March? I thought it still showed as 2F even though it changes to an RJ.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 6:11 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
When is the move? I'm flying next week and CDG-DUS showing as operated by 318. Any difference between lounges in 2C and 2F to warrant going to former?
Old Feb 27, 2015, 8:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by seawolf
When is the move? I'm flying next week and CDG-DUS showing as operated by 318. Any difference between lounges in 2C and 2F to warrant going to former?
The move is later so you're fine in that respect. The arrivals lounge in 2C is rather small and doesn't have the food and drink selection that the regular lounges have. Plus you'd have to go pretty far out of your way. I would just go straight to the 2F lounge and at the desk you can ask for a shower. I rarely have to wait for a shower there.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 10:02 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Thanks.
Old Mar 15, 2015, 10:16 pm

Programs: Marriott Silver, Hilton Silver, Hertz #1 Gold, Avis Preferred
Okay, I'm confused.

Can a "normal," non-status, non-premium cabin traveler use the Arrivals Lounge if they pay for it? So, if someone was traveling in economy and wanted a shower in arrival, can they show up at pay 50 EUR and get access? The language on the website says "regardless of cabin..." but below that says that access is restrict to premium cabins. Very confusing.
Old Mar 16, 2015, 1:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by MFLetou
Okay, I'm confused.

Can a "normal," non-status, non-premium cabin traveler use the Arrivals Lounge if they pay for it? So, if someone was traveling in economy and wanted a shower in arrival, can they show up at pay 50 EUR and get access? The language on the website says "regardless of cabin..." but below that says that access is restrict to premium cabins. Very confusing.
The answer is yes, based on the French version of the web site which is clear while the English version is indeed very confusing :
- Y/W pax (long-haul) without Elite+ status can access the arrival lounge for a fee (€35 or 50, depending the time of the day)
- P/J and Elite+ pax (long-haul) can access it for free.
Old May 13, 2015, 2:07 pm

Could anyone help confirm:

I am arriving CDG/2E from JFK and connecting (3.5 hour layover) to a non-Schengen flight out of 2D on another carrier. The JFK-CDG flight is in J, so I will have arrival lounge access (but no lounge access on the other carrier, as the connecting flight is in Y).

To use the arrivals lounge, it seems I need to collect bags and clear immigration at 2E and go landside; then transfer to 2C to enter the arrivals lounge; then transfer to 2D to check bag and clear security (and possible immigration check exiting EU due to non-Schengen country) for onward flight.

Do I have that right? Is this all doable in 3.5 hours?
Old May 13, 2015, 6:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by flyerwma
Could anyone help confirm:

I am arriving CDG/2E from JFK and connecting (3.5 hour layover) to a non-Schengen flight out of 2D on another carrier. The JFK-CDG flight is in J, so I will have arrival lounge access (but no lounge access on the other carrier, as the connecting flight is in Y).

To use the arrivals lounge, it seems I need to collect bags and clear immigration at 2E and go landside; then transfer to 2C to enter the arrivals lounge; then transfer to 2D to check bag and clear security (and possible immigration check exiting EU due to non-Schengen country) for onward flight.

Do I have that right? Is this all doable in 3.5 hours?
Yes, this is all correct and doable in 3.5 hrs but if your luggage takes time to arrive and you see time shrinking, don't take risks and go directly to 2D.
Old May 14, 2015, 9:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Another change in access rules ?

Following to a question asked in the Skyteam forum, I'm wondering wether there has been or not a new update in access rules for the arrival lounge in 2C. The website now mentions :

Whatever your cabin, you can relax and refresh after your flight or during your connection. The access fee for this lounge is €35 or €50* according to the time of day, subject to availability.
* Rate is €50 between 5:30 AM and 10:00 AM, and €35 after 10:00 AM.

Access to the Arrivals lounge is available to passengers traveling on a long-haul flight in the La Première and Business cabins, passengers in the Business cabin connecting via tgvair and Flying Blue Elite Plus members.

FLYING BLUE GOLD AND PLATINUM OR SKYTEAM ELITE PLUS
You and a guest of your choice can take advantage of free entry to the 530 Air France and SkyTeam lounges. You can access these lounges before your flight's departure when you travel:
on an AIR FRANCE, KLM, or SkyTeam international flight,
on an Air France flight within Paris that departs from Paris-Charles de Gaulle, Paris-Orly West and airports in certain select cities,
on a SkyTeam flight within one country that connects to a SkyTeam international flight on the same day.
If you are a Flying Blue Gold or Platinum member traveling on an Air France intercontinental flight to Paris-Charles de Gaulle, you can access the Arrivals lounge at Terminal 2C.
I'm pretty sure that the sentence highlighted in red is new because before there was already a mention of a price of €35 or €50 depending on the time of the day but without precision about which precise times of the day. For the other change I'm not sure about : it seems that Skyteam Elite plus members outside FB ones and flying Y long-haul do not have access to it. Is that new ? If yes, this is bad particularly for DL elite plus with the number of flights concerned and the JV ops.
Old May 14, 2015, 1:17 pm

Is the food in this lounge typical lounge breakfast items?
Old May 14, 2015, 1:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by sfvoyage
Is the food in this lounge typical lounge breakfast items?
Yes. French bakeries (croissants, chocolate rolls), eggs, raw ham, cheese, fruits.
Old May 14, 2015, 2:13 pm

Programs: MR/SPG Plat, HH Gold, DL PM
For the other change I'm not sure about : it seems that Skyteam Elite plus members outside FB ones and flying Y long-haul do not have access to it. Is that new ? If yes, this is bad particularly for DL elite plus with the number of flights concerned and the JV ops.
That is also the way I interpret it. Yes, it's really bad since a lot of flights get into CDG so dang early before hotel checkin even becomes available.
Old May 14, 2015, 3:27 pm

Programs: DL Gold / AA Gold
For the other change I'm not sure about : it seems that Skyteam Elite plus members outside FB ones and flying Y long-haul do not have access to it. Is that new ? If yes, this is bad particularly for DL elite plus with the number of flights concerned and the JV ops.
Originally Posted by Saidoh
That is also the way I interpret it. Yes, it's really bad since a lot of flights get into CDG so dang early before hotel checkin even becomes available.
Yes, it is correct. Been there done that got eaten by dragons.

They have a paper chart in English and French showing scenarios and a OK or Pay summary. (Like some places with the picture of every possible credit cards on them)

DL E+ will get in only when flying to CDG in J. Doesn't matter when on AF or DL or KL or continuing in J out of CDG. You must arrive in J.
Old May 18, 2015, 12:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

I was in the 2C arrival lounge today, and the lounge attendant explained me precisely the access rules (I'm talking here about free access, because as mentioned in other posts before, there is a possibility of paid access). So here they are (important precision : when I say by example "AF flight", it means AF metal)
- AF flight (long-haul) : P and J pax (booked under AF flight number or code-share). FB gold & plat traveling in Y or W, only if booked under AF flight number. No access for other Skyteam Elite+ programs if traveling in Y or W.
- DL flight : J pax (booked under DL flight number or AF code-share). FB gold & plat traveling in Y, only if booked under AF flight number. No access for other Skyteam Elite+ programs, including DL Elites+, if traveling in Y.
- other long-haul Skyteam flights (KE, VN, CZ, MU, etc) : P and J pax, only if booked under AF flight number. FB gold & plat traveling in Y or W, only if booked under AF flight number. No access if booked under the operating carrier code (even in J/P) and for other Skyteam Elite+ programs if traveling in Y or W (even if booked under AF flight number).
AlvinMaker likes this.
Old May 18, 2015, 1:07 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum
Was it noticeably quieter than before? I would guess Skyteam elite + would make up a good 20-40% of lounge users before this change.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.