Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Currently closed] AF arrivals lounge in CDG 2C

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2014, 2:27 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by michael_v
Just ignore what the DL website says, read the last couple of pages of this thread.

Other than a day hotel room, I don't think you have any other choice. The lounge is not big, no spa, slightly older décor, but does have showers and some food and is pretty empty. The lounge does close at 2 PM though.
Okay. That'll work. Our train leaves at 2 PM, so we'll be able to hang at the lounge the whole time, if nec. I mostly wanted a shower, snack, and wifi.

After some research, I found that the 2E lounge (departures) have the Clarins treatments, so I'll try to do that on my way home.
Old Jun 29, 2014, 5:49 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
Would you guys say that 2C arrivals lounge is best in our circumstance?

Arrive on DL/AF Business Elite (O) and need place to wait 6 hours for TGV train. Will have kids 5-14 with us. Want a shower and most amenities as it will be a long wait. Like if this were the lounge with a spa, I'd be so happy.

Weirdly, the DL website has this description:
2C (Arrivals Lounge) – After Customs – C3. * For departing flights only
Unless you have PP or other lounge access, the arrivals lounge is the only one that you will be entitled to use. It's small, windowless, and can get crowded. I wouldn't want to see two kids captive there for about six hours. Get a day room in one of the airport hotels or check your bags and go into the city for a few hours.
Old Jun 29, 2014, 3:49 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Unless you have PP or other lounge access, the arrivals lounge is the only one that you will be entitled to use. It's small, windowless, and can get crowded. I wouldn't want to see two kids captive there for about six hours. Get a day room in one of the airport hotels or check your bags and go into the city for a few hours.
Do have PP via Amex Plat.

This is what I saw (not windowless): http://www.nogarlicnoonions.com/cdg-...e-terminal-2c/

Is that wrong?

My kids would love nothing more than to spend 6 hours with their headphones on playing with their computers w/ the last wifi they will have for a week. They are extremely well-behaved. Quiet, conscientious (better behaved than many adults, actually). I've already spent tens of thousands on this trip and honestly am not going to pay for a hotel room in CDG for sitting on beds when our BE tickets already entitle us to lounge access. Don't want to go into the city b/c will be there a week later. Besides, we'd have to pay over $100 to store our luggage and the RER there and back would take at least an hour and would cost $50 each way for the five of us. That would be insane.

Anyway, I'd like to take advantage of the fact that we do have lounge access (both through our BE tix and our Plat Amex).
Old Jun 29, 2014, 11:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
This is what I saw (not windowless): http://www.nogarlicnoonions.com/cdg-...e-terminal-2c/
Is that wrong?
Yes, it's wrong. This link shows the 2C departure lounge airside. The one we're talking about for your trip is the arrival lounge landside. The description made by MSPeconomist is correct (nice place for its purpose but relatively small, windowless and can be crowded). It closes at 2 pm.
Old Jun 30, 2014, 9:49 am

Originally Posted by Goldorak
Yes, it's wrong. This link shows the 2C departure lounge airside. The one we're talking about for your trip is the arrival lounge landside. The description made by MSPeconomist is correct (nice place for its purpose but relatively small, windowless and can be crowded). It closes at 2 pm.
Okay, well, no problem. We want to shower, change clothes, check email, etc. Then we can go poke around the airport. One thing I need to do is get our SIM cards, so there's that. Would you guys say there's more to do airside or landslide? If more airside, then I suppose we will do that stuff first.
Old Jun 30, 2014, 11:32 am

Okay, well, no problem. We want to shower, change clothes, check email, etc. Then we can go poke around the airport. One thing I need to do is get our SIM cards, so there's that. Would you guys say there's more to do airside or landslide? If more airside, then I suppose we will do that stuff first.
CDG airside is not like US domestic airports. When you leave the aircraft, you do not mix with the departing pax. You either clear security for your connecting flight (and they do check onward boarding pass) or go to immigration - baggage claim - arrivals lounge. So without a connecting flight there is no option to go airside, and that's why lounge options are limited without a connecting flight. I suggest asking somewhere else what the landside options are, I am sure there should be some.

Last edited by michael_v; Jun 30, 2014 at 11:56 am
Old Jul 2, 2014, 2:57 am

Here now. Dang this place is hard to find. Tucked behind American Airlines checkin. I can confirm no issue with entering on DL BE ticket. Also confirm it is small and windowless. But the quiet intimacy is a nice change from the chaos of the airport. Perfectly fine place to rest a few hours. The showers were fantastic. Exactly what I needed. The trains aren't far, either, so that helps.

I didn't realize Skypriority (with your BE tix) gets you through the far left fast lane for passport control. Literally saved us an hour, maybe two. That line was nuts. Hundreds of people. Hundreds!
Old Jul 2, 2014, 2:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Here now. Dang this place is hard to find. Tucked behind American Airlines checkin. I can confirm no issue with entering on DL BE ticket. Also confirm it is small and windowless. But the quiet intimacy is a nice change from the chaos of the airport. Perfectly fine place to rest a few hours. The showers were fantastic. Exactly what I needed. The trains aren't far, either, so that helps.

I didn't realize Skypriority (with your BE tix) gets you through the far left fast lane for passport control. Literally saved us an hour, maybe two. That line was nuts. Hundreds of people. Hundreds!
Very good. Have a good time ^
Old Jul 12, 2014, 3:01 pm

Programs: Flying Blue (plat), Eurobonus (gold), Accor (plat), Bonvoy (plat)
Something new about the 2C arrival lounge not reported so far if I'm not mistaken : those who are not granted a free access (or a reduced price for Premium Eco passengers) may now buy an entrance with a 50€ walk-on fare.

I was quite suprised to find some advertisement about that at the 2F lounge yesterday, and indeed the (nice) dragon confirmed.

That's not exactly cheap, but it may be useful for some long layovers in the morning.
Old Jul 13, 2014, 12:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by Nico40
Something new about the 2C arrival lounge not reported so far if I'm not mistaken : those who are not granted a free access (or a reduced price for Premium Eco passengers) may now buy an entrance with a 50€ walk-on fare.

I was quite suprised to find some advertisement about that at the 2F lounge yesterday, and indeed the (nice) dragon confirmed.

That's not exactly cheap, but it may be useful for some long layovers in the morning.
Thanks for the information ^
Old Jul 16, 2014, 10:29 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I guess 50 Euro is cheaper than a day room at the Sheraton and most other airport hotels, but IMO the arrivals lounge isn't worth this much. You can buy a very nice meal in the airport instead....or go into the city if you have enough time.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 2:51 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
I saw this on the AF website as well but it is not clear.

Discover the Arrivals lounge at Paris-Charles de Gaulle airport, located in Terminal 2C. The lounge offers showers, a buffet and beverages, as well as computer access. Whatever your cabin, you can relax and refresh after your flight or during your connection. The access fee for this lounge is €50*, subject to availability.
Learn more about the Arrivals lounge

* Access to the Arrivals lounge is available for travelers in the La Première and Business cabins, and for Flying Blue Elite Plus members
Is this available to those arriving on a non-skyteam partner?

I currently spend 50€ by taking a cab home to drop my luggage shower, have breakfast, go to work. I'd rather spend them in the arrivals lounge where I can even have my suit pressed, and then take the RER staight to work.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 5:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by B7e7US
I don't think so.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 6:43 am

Programs: DM/3MM
Originally Posted by B7e7US
I saw this on the AF website as well but it is not clear.

I currently spend 50€ by taking a cab home to drop my luggage shower, have breakfast, go to work. I'd rather spend them in the arrivals lounge where I can even have my suit pressed, and then take the RER staight to work.
The arrivals lounge does suit pressing? I learn something new every day...
Old Jul 22, 2014, 3:43 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by TrojanTraveler
The arrivals lounge does suit pressing? I learn something new every day...
Yes. You have to let the agents know when you arrive. You can either hand it to the person in charge, or put it in a small cabinet that can be accessed from the shower rooms.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.