Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Check in to AF flight booked through Delta

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2017, 9:47 am
Original Poster

Check in to AF flight booked through Delta

I've flown a lot but never on a code share flight. My wife and I booked RT through Delta. The flight from US is a DL flight. Will check in on DL's iphone app 24 hours before. We return on two AF based flights that connect at CDG. We cannot select seats unit checkin on the first of the flights, which is a BAE 146 run by WDL Aviation for AF. Depending on configuration (they seem to have 4 or 5 planes with different seating), there are 3 rows in the rear that are 3/2 instead of 3/3 and as a tall person, I'm anxious to try to snag one of these. That means early as possible checkin.

I'm not 100% sure howw e should check in. From what I can see, If I try on the Delta App, likely I will only be able to do 24 hours out. If I do on the AF app, I think I can do 30 hours out. Does anyone know if checking in on the AF app will be/cause a problem? Also, although all my secure flight info was put in the Delta website, the AF website is missing passport and known traveler data. I'm thinking I should fill that in if I want to check in with the AF App or website.

Thanks for any suggestions/help! -John
Old Sep 13, 2017, 11:30 am

While some might be able to guess the details of your flights based on the provided info, it would really help if you could just post the flight number/routes.
Old Sep 13, 2017, 12:31 pm
Original Poster

Oh, sure, sorry about that. I thought the question was generic enough that you would not need the details. We are flying from JFK to AMS on DL48. The question more concerned the return, which goes from BSL to CDG on AF1193 (aka DL8267), and connecting in CDG to JFK on AF10 (aka DL1019). Thanks. -John
Old Sep 13, 2017, 12:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
For the return, your check-in will be indeed handled by AF and OLCI starts 30hrs before 1st flight. You can do OLCI on AF app or AF website. Try to obtain the AF PNR number from DL. It will help you a lot.

Personal comment : do not bother too much about the BSL-CDG seating. It's a very short flight !
Old Sep 13, 2017, 12:59 pm
Original Poster

Thanks very much. I did have to find the AF PNR (6 digit record locator?) number, to get the flight into the AF app. That was a surprise. Did not realize it would be different from the Delta one. Fortunately, ticket numbers were the same, and by putting that into the App, it found the reservation and the AF PNR. If all goes well, the flight should be only about 1:25 gate to gate, but seats otherwise look a but tight, so if I can get a 2 seat arrangement, I'd like to. Much appreciate the quick response. -John
Old Sep 13, 2017, 1:22 pm

Programs: BA KL LH Hilton Marriott
Even better is a 3 seater with the middel one empty. My tactic always to snab an A-C or D-F pair. Nobody is going to take the middle seat unless absolutely necessary (and then you offer a swap, always taken). Sure it's like lottery, but the win chance is pretty good.
Goldorak likes this.
Old Sep 13, 2017, 4:15 pm

Originally Posted by jgrahamiii
Oh, sure, sorry about that. I thought the question was generic enough that you would not need the details.
When it come to codeshares, it can be tricky, because what's important is who the operating carrier is.
In your case, irrespective of the aircraft owner, your flight is AF "operated", and therefore they will handle the ground operations in BSL, and OLCI will be done with AF.

But just as equally it could have been a flight on some other airline AF codeshare with, and then you would have had to deal with them, that's why the route/flight numbers are important.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 12:32 pm
Original Poster

Thanks to all. Tried the A-C check in a time or two in the past, but this flight is sold out AFAIK. Ditto, that makes sense. Will remember in the future. -John

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.