Wiki Posts
Search

Help with Unaccompanied Minor ticket

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2017, 5:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Sunoco Gas Card
Help with Unaccompanied Minor ticket

Hello AF and KL friends, hoping someone has some thoughts on this odd predicament- booked my son a round trip non-stop from IAD to CDG. I did it on the phone with Delta here in the US, which was a lengthy call, but we got it done. The ticket was set up (and paid) as an unaccompanied minor segment on just the outbound; on the return he is flying with his mother, who is on a separate PNR. We didn't pay the unaccompanied minor fee for the return. After ticketing we went to set up his seats. We learned that AF reserves a block of seats (2 rows left side on the 380) for unaccompanied minors. So our son is all set on the outbound. But on the return, Air France won't A) let us pick his seat so he can sit next to his mother, or B) let his mother pick a seat next to him! Crazy right? They tell us the only way they can sit together is to pick seats at check in, or have the airport agent assign seats day of travel (and that they cross linked the pnr's etc etc). This seems pretty nutty - I suppose they hold a fair amount of seat assignments back for same day assignment? But of course would prefer to avoid day of travel chaos and just have seat assignments ahead of time. Would appreciate if anyone has any thoughts. For what it's worth mom is Flying Blue silver. Thanks!

Last edited by RodneyBD; Jul 22, 2017 at 1:21 pm
Old Jul 21, 2017, 9:05 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, FB Plat
KLM will guarantee parent and child to sit together when travelling.

https://www.klm.com/travel/nl_en/pre...dren/index.htm

Seats
You can reserve your seats on the seat map when booking, in My Trip, or when checking in online at KLM.com.

If you are travelling as a family, regular seats will be assigned to you free of charge at least 4 days before departure. We will try to have you all seated together. If this is not possible, we always guarantee that each child will sit next to an adult in your group. Of course you are welcome to select seats for your family at an earlier stage, to ensure that you are all seated together. In that case, we recommend that you use the paid option for regular seat selection.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 9:26 am

Originally Posted by Wunk
KLM will guarantee parent and child to sit together when travelling.

https://www.klm.com/travel/nl_en/pre...dren/index.htm

Seats
You can reserve your seats on the seat map when booking, in My Trip, or when checking in online at KLM.com.

If you are travelling as a family, regular seats will be assigned to you free of charge at least 4 days before departure. We will try to have you all seated together. If this is not possible, we always guarantee that each child will sit next to an adult in your group. Of course you are welcome to select seats for your family at an earlier stage, to ensure that you are all seated together. In that case, we recommend that you use the paid option for regular seat selection.
But this is irrelevant:
1. This is KLM, OP son is flying AF
2. The OP son and his mother are not on the same PNR

For OP, I'm sure there will be plenty of seats available for them to seat together at OLCI, probably best to OLCI as soon as it opens.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.