HOP pilots strike 13-18 July

Old Jul 13, 2017, 4:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: FB , BA Gold
HOP pilots strike 13-18 July

Unfortunately, I discovered that pilots of HOP Air France are on strike.
Over 100 flights operated by HOP are cancelled today and tomorrow.
Old Jul 13, 2017, 5:35 am

Programs: FB Plat
According to press, 151 flights canceled out of 481, roughly a third.
http://www.lefigaro.fr/societes/2017...s-sur-1113.php

Friday 14th being a holiday, that is a critical timing for a strike. At least AF operated flights aren't affected.
Old Jul 13, 2017, 6:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Zarmakuizz
According to press, 151 flights canceled out of 481, roughly a third.
http://www.lefigaro.fr/societes/2017...s-sur-1113.php

Friday 14th being a holiday, that is a critical timing for a strike. At least AF operated flights aren't affected.
Besides the scheduled cancellations there seems to be many flights with extensive delays and some last-minute cancellations. Some family members arrived in NCE from TLS with a 2h45 delay, and they were UM. No fun.
Old Jul 13, 2017, 1:22 pm

Programs: FB Plat
Apparently 50% of the HOP flights departing from LYS are canceled.

http://www.lyoncapitale.fr/Journal/Lyon/Actualite/Actualites/Social/Lyon-l-aeroport-Saint-Exupery-perturbe-par-la-greve-de-HOP

The LYS->CDG routes are with AF metal, so they aren't affected.
Thanks to the B787 being currently on trial on AF7641, they have a huge amount of seats available.
​​​​
Old Jul 14, 2017, 5:51 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Gold
I just discovered this when I was alerted to my AMS-NTE flight on Sunday being cancelled. They might have been timing it for maximum impact over the 14th July holiday period, but that's one important business trip ruined. I don't use Air France much and will go out of my way to use them even less now. Well done HOP pilots for making me vow to never use your employer.
Old Jul 15, 2017, 4:31 am

Programs: A3*G, LH FTL, VS Red, Avis Preferred, Hertz President's Circle, (RIP Diamond Club)
HOP! Strikes 13-18 July

I've just been sent the following by AF.
Dear Sir / Madam,

Further to a confirmed call for strike action issued by several HOP! Pilote unions, from Thursday 13 July to Tuesday 18 July 2017, our flight schedule operated by HOP! will be disrupted. Flight cancellations are expected.

Long-haul flights, as well as Air France flights operated by Air France "Airbus" aircraft, or an aircraft of any other airlines, will not be affected by this strike.

How do I know if my flight AF 7532 on 17 July 2017 will be affected?

The day before your departure, you will be personally notified if this strike action has an impact on your trip, using the contact details provided in your reservation file (by phone and / or e-mail). Please make sure your details are up to date.
The status of your flight will be updated in real time on our website (www.airfrance.fr) or mobile app, in the section "Flight & Airport Info".

What are the specific commercial options available?
If you can change your travel plans, we advise you to change your travel dates as soon as possible outside the strike period. At no extra cost, you can postpone your departure from 19 to 27 July 2017.
You may also choose to cancel your journey. In this case, you will be entitled to a non-refundable voucher valid 1 year for Air France, KLM or HOP! flights.
Modify your travel plans on your own on our website, in the "Your Reservations" section, on our mobile sites or via your travel agent.

What can I do if my booking is cancelled?
If your booking is cancelled, our staff will do their utmost to offer you an alternative solution. You will be able to change your flight independently on our website.
If your reservation is cancelled and you are able to choose another means of transportation (train, car, bus), we will refund your expenses up to the following amounts: 120 euros for a journey within France and 200 euros for a journey in Europe. You will need to provide the receipts (this option replaces a ticket refund).

What should I do on the day of my trip?
We advise you to check your flight status updated in real time on our website, in the section "Flight & Airport Info". You should also check in both yourself and your baggage online.

We would like to assure you that our teams will do their utmost to assist you and minimize the impact of this industrial action on your travel plans.
We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this strike action may cause you.

The Air France team
This will affect my flights for Monday 17 July. Can we share advice, cancellation/delay reports and especially success/failure at claiming costs for alternative transport?
Old Jul 15, 2017, 9:19 am

Programs: FB platinum
I can't tell you about cancelled flights, but I just had a MPL - ORY flight this afternoon where they replaced a CRJ by an ATR, so the incoming aircraft took 30 minutes more to arrive at MPL, and then took 30 more minutes to go back to ORY, which adds up to about 1 hour of delay. That was notified by SMS yesterday evening, so I knew what to expect.
The bad part was that we had to disembark by paxbus at ORY

Appart from the delay, the flight was quite bumpy when climbing and landing (fun!), and the sky was clear so the view was amazing I was not in a rush, so in the end I felt pretty happy about the change
Old Jul 17, 2017, 2:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Disruption at HOP keeps being serious.
But the good news is that Orly skies are less crowded. I had a lot of family flying back and forth during the long Bastille day weekend and all flights between ORY and NCE were exactly on time, which has never happened in previous years as this is a very busy vacation time. And I had time to check a lot of flights between ORY and NCE and they were remarkably punctual

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.