Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New AF Week-End Card

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2017, 3:43 am

Programs: FB platinum
Originally Posted by AurelAF96
The "Carte Jeune" (Youth card) is better that this card, right?
Probably because of the added flexibility, but the target audiences of each one are fairly different and people above 24 don't really have a choice
Old Apr 16, 2017, 10:38 am
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
The list now says
Mis ŕ jour le 11/04/2017
Chaque ligne peut ętre empruntée dans les deux sens

The following destinations from/to CDG are listed :

Brest
Biarritz
Bordeaux
Clermont-Ferrand
Lyon
Montpellier
Marseille
Nice
Nantes
Pau
Rennes
Toulouse
Old Apr 16, 2017, 10:54 am
C W

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP 75K, HH/SPG/MR Gold, Amex Plat, PRG, CSR
Can somebody explain a bit more about the Carte Jeune? Would it be useful to me departing from DUS and traveling around Europe?

I would also want to credit to SkyMiles and take advantage of my DL PM status if possible.
Old Apr 16, 2017, 11:25 am
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by C W
Can somebody explain a bit more about the Carte Jeune? Would it be useful to me departing from DUS and traveling around Europe?

I would also want to credit to SkyMiles and take advantage of my DL PM status if possible.
The card is valid only for domestic flights. With regards to your DL status, I was told that you can order the card by phone and don't attach any FB number, so when you make a reservation, you can put your Skymiles number.
Old Apr 16, 2017, 11:35 am
C W

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP 75K, HH/SPG/MR Gold, Amex Plat, PRG, CSR
Originally Posted by SDQBound
The card is valid only for domestic flights. With regards to your DL status, I was told that you can order the card by phone and don't attach any FB number, so when you make a reservation, you can put your Skymiles number.
Thanks!

Still for 50 euro might be worth it if I end up traveling a lot in France.
Old Apr 16, 2017, 1:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by SDQBound
The list now says

The following destinations from/to CDG are listed :

Brest
Biarritz
Bordeaux
Clermont-Ferrand
Lyon
Montpellier
Marseille
Nice
Nantes
Pau
Rennes
Toulouse
OK, so there's hope !!
thank you for sharing.
Old May 5, 2017, 5:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Now that this stupid issue of eligibility of CDG domestic flights has been solved, I have purchased this WE card (69 Euros).
The purchase process is simple but the booking of a ticket is not.
From AF apps (phone, tablet) and desktop webite, the discounted fare corresponding to the card was not proposed. The card appears nowhere in your profile in the phone and tablet apps (even after disconnecting/re-connecting).

Then I saw in the e-mail received after the card suscription that there was a link for purchasing a ticket. It goes obviously to desktop AF website where you have to login on your FB profile. The correct fare was proposed but I had an error message just after selecting the flights. and before receiving a booking ref. I had to call the Ultimate travel assistant (who was in fact the Platinum line at the time I called...) and they booked for me waiving the booking fees.

I saved 50 Euros on a MiNi domestic ticket (or whatever they call this fare now). A 50 Euros saving on one ticket for a 69 Euros card is not bad at all.
Old May 6, 2017, 5:37 am

Programs: FB platinum
You can only use the "Réserver avec une carte" section on the AF website homepage (next to "Acheter un billet" and "Utiliser vos miles") and then login. Works pretty well from there (sometimes it throws the error you probably received - thanks AF IT). But it's very disappointing that nothing can be used outside of the website to book the tickets
Old May 6, 2017, 6:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by lynxy
You can only use the "Réserver avec une carte" section on the AF website homepage (next to "Acheter un billet" and "Utiliser vos miles") and then login. Works pretty well from there (sometimes it throws the error you probably received - thanks AF IT). But it's very disappointing that nothing can be used outside of the website to book the tickets
Thank you. A pity that we can't book on the apps and benefit from the free 24hrs option.
Old Jun 2, 2017, 4:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Thumbs up

FYI, this so-called weekend card is very interesting because you benefit also of the reduced fare when you book an itinerary for let's say a week or 2. What's important is to have a saturday night on-site. So the reduced fare is not necessarily just for a one weekend trip.

And if you are interested, if you purchase the card between June 1st to June 30th, you will earn a 2000 FB miles bonus.
Old Jun 3, 2017, 3:39 am

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by Goldorak
FYI, this so-called weekend card is very interesting because you benefit also of the reduced fare when you book an itinerary for let's say a week or 2. What's important is to have a saturday night on-site. So the reduced fare is not necessarily just for a one weekend trip.

And if you are interested, if you purchase the card between June 1st to June 30th, you will earn a 2000 FB miles bonus.
And thus leveraging the nested tickets for the summer week ends
Old Jun 3, 2017, 6:09 am

Programs: FB LTPE, BAEC GGL, EK Blue, SK Gold, Marriott Amb+LTT, IHG Diamond Amb, Accorhotels Silver
Too bad it does not work for Europe.
Old Jul 11, 2017, 12:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Great deal : if you subscribe for this card between July 10 and 17, the price is only €34. A bargain !
Old Jul 11, 2017, 4:12 am

Programs: FB Plat
Only from the Air France website, the Hop! website doesn't display it.
http://www.airfrance.fr/FR/fr/local/...end-hop-af.htm

Really tempting...
Old Jul 11, 2017, 3:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by Zarmakuizz
Really tempting...
Clearly. Even at the regular price, it is already reimbursed at the 2nd trip booked.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.