Community
Wiki Posts
Search

March 18th-20th - planned AF flight attendants strike

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2017, 8:08 am

Programs: CO Plat
Yesterday, I called the US phone line and re-booked for next week on KL metal, so I should be safe.

It took awhile for the agent to process, as I was speaking to a Delta agent in Atlanta, rebooking an AF ticket on KL.

But it all worked out.
Old Mar 17, 2017, 1:26 pm

Programs: AA (850k miles), SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by ijgordon
Wouldn't there be EC 261 compensation for the downgrade? 75% of fare paid?
I may be facing this scenario with an upcoming P booking, unless they rebook me outside Skyteam.
I don't know but I'll explore it if I end up going that route.

I don't remember what the fare difference was back when I booked the flight between an economy outgoing business return vs premium economy outgoing business return but I would think that's what they should owe me.

My only guess is that that's why it's hard for them to do this since I bought a round trip ticket so the breakdown might not be so straighforward. That doesn't mean I should get nothing though right?

My flight as of now seems like it's still on so we'll see how it goes.
Old Mar 17, 2017, 1:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Delta PM, AA EXP, Marriott AMB, IHG Gold
AF claims to be at 98% for tomorrow. Hopefully they keep it up until Monday. Anyone knows how they decide which flights to cancel?

I would choose a different flight/routing but the AF CDG-LED gets me in at the best time.
Old Mar 17, 2017, 4:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm sure it's based on loads and ease of rebooking pax on alternate flights.

Also, they're contracting out operations of some flights to third-party airlines.
Old Mar 18, 2017, 1:25 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinium; All Gold, A3 Gold, Safar Flyer Gold (OW Sapphire)
Originally Posted by ijgordon

Also, they're contracting out operations of some flights to third-party airlines.

Exact flights:
AF1000 CDG-MAD = Danish Air Transport (A320)
AF1394 CDG-BUD = AirExplore (B738)
AF1212 CDG-LIN = Titan Airways (A321)
AF1148 CDG-BCN = BHAir (A320)
Old Mar 18, 2017, 2:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Well Orly is closed and not due to the strike but to gun shot and one guy killed.

Apparently this took place at Orly South, which is closed, Orly West is open.

Last edited by brunos; Mar 18, 2017 at 6:41 am
Old Mar 18, 2017, 2:43 am

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb
Cancellation Notification

Here in BLQ flying March 20 to LAX via CDG. Already got cancellation notice for BLQ-CDG leg. We shall see how it all pans out. Delta notification came before AF (DL ticketed, AF operated).
Old Mar 18, 2017, 3:05 am

Programs: ❶❷ ใจ ± ♪♪♪ 7¾³ © ™
I have done online check in for my 2 flights today, no problems so far 😀
Old Mar 18, 2017, 6:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AurelAF96
Exact flights:
AF1000 CDG-MAD = Danish Air Transport (A320)
AF1394 CDG-BUD = AirExplore (B738)
AF1212 CDG-LIN = Titan Airways (A321)
AF1148 CDG-BCN = BHAir (A320)
There are more, as mine isn't on that list.
Old Mar 18, 2017, 6:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Strange that no one from paris posts but I got a colleague who was supposed to fly from Orly West this morning and could not get there.
http://www.airfrance.fr/FR/en/common...air_france.htm
Old Mar 18, 2017, 8:16 am

Programs: UA 1K, Delta PM, AA EXP, Marriott AMB, IHG Gold
CDG-LED has been cancelled on the 19th. Does this increase or decrease the chance of the flight on the 20th being cancelled?
Old Mar 19, 2017, 6:10 am

Programs: Skyteam E+ (FB PfL), Latam Black, LH MM, Iberia plus, HH: Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy: Plat
Originally Posted by brunos
Strange that no one from paris posts but I got a colleague who was supposed to fly from Orly West this morning and could not get there.
http://www.airfrance.fr/FR/en/common...air_france.htm
Orly was closed yesterday, but for reasons which had nothing to do with strike...:
http://edition.cnn.com/2017/03/18/eu...ice-operation/

EDIT: Just saw the earlier post, so you spotted it already.
Old Mar 20, 2017, 5:06 am

Programs: Delta DM MM, IHG Plat, Hilton DM, Marriott SE, Emerald EE, Oakdale Gun Club, NRA & GOA Life Member
My ATH-CDG flight for tomorrow morning was canceled. I got Delta to rebook me ATH-AMS-MSP with an overnight in AMS. They also cleared my GUC for the AMS-MSP immediately. I'm calling this a win.
Old Mar 20, 2017, 7:53 am

Well, AF came through for me. My LHR-CDG flight went without a hitch and now I am in the lovely P lounge about to have lunch. It seems like AF handled this strike rather well under the circumstances.
Old Mar 20, 2017, 8:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

AirExplore, a Slovakian charter operator, operated my ZRH-CDG on Saturday; AF had called me the day before noting that there wouldn't be business class on this flight. They weren't particularly forthcoming about downgrade compensation, I'll see what happens and then pursue EC 261. Flight itself was fine, crew was friendly (but pretty much only English-speaking, they didn't seem to speak French or German), plane was ok - 738 with new-ish seats - slimline, so not particularly soft, but decent legroom.

Inbound flight was over an hour late though (don't know why), and we arrived in CDG, at a remote stand, about 1h15 late.

On the CDG-JFK on Sunday, they were apparently operating with a smaller cabin crew than normal due to the strike, and apologized in advance -- both in person (I was in P), and over the PA. When I said I didn't want to eat right away, I was cautioned that the FA had to check with the purser, but ultimately there was no issue.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.