Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue > Air France Frequence Plus
Reload this Page >

CDG transfer: Any way to know which hall in Terminal 2E a flight departs from?

Old Mar 10, 2017, 10:39 am
Original Poster

My flight is BUD-CDG-RDU. BUD-CDG is on Air France. It's not until September, so I'm not sure whether to believe the info I get from AF about terminals. Right now it says I will arrive in 2F then have to transfer to 2E.

Is there any way to know which hall I'll be connecting to?

BUDAPEST (BUD) RALEIGH/DURHAM (RDU)
Friday, September 15, 2017
AF 1395

9:50 AM Budapest, Liszt Ferenc International(BUD) , TERMINAL 2A
Check-In Deadline 9:10 AM

12:10 PM Paris, Charles de Gaulle(CDG) , TERMINAL 2F
Provided by Air France
Aircraft : Airbus A320
Class : Economy
Connection in Paris : 03h30
AF 8984

3:40 PM Paris, Charles de Gaulle(CDG) , TERMINAL 2E

7:33 PM Atlanta, Hartsfield-Jackson ATL(ATL) , TERMINAL I
Provided by Delta
Aircraft : B 767 400
Connection in Atlanta : 02h52
DL 889

10:25 PM Atlanta, Hartsfield-Jackson ATL(ATL)

11:50 PM Raleigh/Durham, Raleigh/Durham(RDU)
Provided by Delta
Aircraft : 739
Old Mar 10, 2017, 11:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by zitsky
Is there any way to know which hall I'll be connecting to?
No. As your flight to ATL is at 3:40 pm, the only thing for sure is that it will be not from M gates, as the M concourse is closed after 2 pm. So it will be K or L.
Old Mar 10, 2017, 11:25 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Goldorak
No. As your flight to ATL is at 3:40 pm, the only thing for sure is that it will be not from M gates, as the M concourse is closed after 2 pm. So it will be K or L.
Thanks. I think you can walk to K and L without bus?
Old Mar 10, 2017, 11:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Yes
Old Aug 7, 2017, 1:20 pm
Original Poster

Just thought I'd update this thread, for kicks. Recent flight info suggests flight 85 CDG-ATL has gone out of CDG gate E-M25 or 29, just from the last two days. I believe this is one of the bus gates. I'll just remember to keep checking once in a while, but that's what I see right now.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 7:25 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Just thought I'd update this thread, for kicks. Recent flight info suggests flight 85 CDG-ATL has gone out of CDG gate E-M25 or 29, just from the last two days. I believe this is one of the bus gates. I'll just remember to keep checking once in a while, but that's what I see right now.
Anything that happens today in terms of Gate / Operations cannot be used as an indicator. So, ignore what happens today, and only pay attention on the day of departure.

Just to give you an example, I usually depart on DL405 to JFK. I have departed from any of the three halls.

Also, at CDG 2E I don't think there are dedicated "Bus Gates". You could be assigned virtually any boarding gate, only to find out that the jetbridge ends at a staircase and from there on you have to go downstairs.

And BTW, I *might* be on the same flight Still not booked but very likely.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 10:07 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SDQBound
Anything that happens today in terms of Gate / Operations cannot be used as an indicator. So, ignore what happens today, and only pay attention on the day of departure.

Just to give you an example, I usually depart on DL405 to JFK. I have departed from any of the three halls.

Also, at CDG 2E I don't think there are dedicated "Bus Gates". You could be assigned virtually any boarding gate, only to find out that the jetbridge ends at a staircase and from there on you have to go downstairs.

And BTW, I *might* be on the same flight Still not booked but very likely.
Thank you. This will be my third time through but my memory is a little fuzzy. Once I stayed overnight and had to find my hotel at the airport. Appreciate your advice.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 1:23 am

Programs: FB Plat for life, FB PC, M&M FT, Hertz President (+ many low tier cards)
The bus is actually a little automated train. K is always just a walk. L is train or walk depending on the route you follow. It doesn't really make any difference to your transfer time.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 2:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by SDQBound
Indeed. If you ever fly with AF you know it from the other way round: as you prepare for descent, you are told that you'll arrive into hall (say) K, and in fact, after landing the plane taxis to an L gate. That also means that by definition, the next flight will leave from L instead of K. CDG 2E is a crowded terminal, just like other major European hubs, and therefore, operations always have to optimise gate use depending on flows, delays (or early arrivals), etc. The one thing they could not care less about is where that flight arrived yesterday or the day before, it's all about on the day optimised efficiency.
SDQBound likes this.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 9:40 am
Original Poster

Well it seems easy to get around, in any case.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.