Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Air Europa Silver, IHG Plat, Accor Plat
Love the style! Well done AF 😊
Old Mar 3, 2017, 12:40 am

Programs: FB Platinum
Looks great! Would love if they changed up the content from time to time though
Old Mar 4, 2017, 11:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Is it just me?
I can't really tell what the offering is here. Are the pouches for J and the "cases" for F? The case looks like it has a weird swivel opening, which doesn't seem all that convenient, but the picture is a poor angle to really tell what I'm looking at.
Old Mar 4, 2017, 11:43 am

Programs: FB platinum
The case is for F and has indeed a swivel opening. It is a nice box!

The J "pouch" is a lot more suspicious. It is split in two halves that each have a zipper and they can be clipped together to make something that looks like a bag with only one pouch.

Here a a few pictures from some (mostly empty) amenity kits I took when disembarking from a JFK - CDG flight
Attached Images      
Old Apr 18, 2017, 12:54 am

Is it possible to pick a certain color when FA hands out the kit? I really prefer the light blue-ish (or green-ish?) one over the dark blue one.....
Old Apr 18, 2017, 2:07 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by uclacolumbiaunc
Is it possible to pick a certain color when FA hands out the kit? I really prefer the light blue-ish (or green-ish?) one over the dark blue one.....
Yes, if they have in stock, they will give you the color you ask for.
Old Apr 18, 2017, 9:42 am

Programs: Flying Blue, EuroBonus
I got (chose) a grey/green one not featured here. The contents are the usual except that the ChapIce lip balm was missing. Instead I got a tiny Baume Lvres Rparateur from Biotherm.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 1:31 am
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
Man, these make KL's current ones look terrible. I hope there's going to be some improvement there.
Old Apr 21, 2017, 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by caliform
Man, these make KL's current ones look terrible. I hope there's going to be some improvement there.
KL one is not too bad... KL has a high-end luxury brand associated with its kit, while Air France just has Air France brand on the kit (without any association with a high-end luxury brand like most major airlines do)...
Old Apr 21, 2017, 6:35 pm

Originally Posted by uclacolumbiaunc
KL one is not too bad... KL has a high-end luxury brand associated with its kit, while Air France just has Air France brand on the kit (without any association with a high-end luxury brand like most major airlines do)...
That luxury brand is nothing more than that though: a name on the outside of the kit. The products inside have nothing to do with that brand, even if they could've.

By the way it seems as if this month KL has quietly updated the Jan Taminiau kits to look slightly different… They're now brown instead of blue (the one for men that is) and the zipper has a Dutch flag in it.
Old Apr 21, 2017, 6:53 pm

Originally Posted by CyBeR
That luxury brand is nothing more than that though: a name on the outside of the kit. The products inside have nothing to do with that brand, even if they could've.

By the way it seems as if this month KL has quietly updated the Jan Taminiau kits to look slightly different They're now brown instead of blue (the one for men that is) and the zipper has a Dutch flag in it.
any pic of the updated Jan Taminiau KLM kit?
Old Apr 21, 2017, 7:01 pm

The only one I have immediately available is this one

Old Apr 22, 2017, 9:36 pm
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
The ones on the latest flights had more than four different colorways.
Old Apr 22, 2017, 11:17 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum For Life, BA Executive Club Gold, Marriott Platinum for Life
[QUOTE=CyBeR;28212841]That luxury brand is nothing more than that though: a name on the outside of the kit. The products inside have nothing to do with that brand, even if they could've.

FYI - The kits that were offered in La Premiere were co-branded by Givenchy and included Givenchy cosmetics inside. FWIW I much prefer the current kits in light blue and orange.
Old Apr 22, 2017, 11:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by caliform
The ones on the latest flights had more than four different colorways.
here is my AF rainbow
Attached Images  

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.