Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Transfer time: Linate to Paris to Toronto

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2017, 12:38 pm
Original Poster

Transfer time: Linate to Paris to Toronto

Air France is providing me a transfer time of 1:15 mins in Pairs. Both planes will be Air France.

Is that enough time to transfer in CDG?
Old Feb 2, 2017, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by lamscott
Air France is providing me a transfer time of 1:15 mins in Pairs. Both planes will be Air France.

Is that enough time to transfer in CDG?
it is tight of course, but feasible if your incoming flight is on-time.
Old Feb 2, 2017, 7:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
When are you traveling and what are your flight numbers?

I cannot find a 1:15 connection; the shortest one is 1:35, which would be better.
LIN has periodic fog problems. But 1:15 from LIN to connect to the only daily to YYZ would be well outside my comfort zone.

Equally important is that the relations between AF and AZ have soured and AF is reducing its flights from LIN and moving to MXP. If your flights are in a few months, I would suggest monitoring any changes.
Old Feb 2, 2017, 9:07 pm

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meliá silver.
Originally Posted by brunos
LIN has periodic fog problems. But 1:15 from LIN to connect to the only daily to YYZ would be well outside my comfort zone..
I concur.

Fog is a real issue at LIN in winter.
Old Feb 3, 2017, 11:09 am
Original Poster

When are you traveling and what are your flight numbers?

I cannot find a 1:15 connection; the shortest one is 1:35, which would be better.
LIN has periodic fog problems. But 1:15 from LIN to connect to the only daily to YYZ would be well outside my comfort zone.

Equally important is that the relations between AF and AZ have soured and AF is reducing its flights from LIN and moving to MXP. If your flights are in a few months, I would suggest monitoring any changes.
July 8th

Linate to Paris AF181
Paris to Toronto AF 356

Looks like I would land in 2F terminal and connect in 2F terminal
Old Feb 3, 2017, 11:24 am

Programs: AF/KL Plat, AA Plat, HH Diamond
Your flight to YYZ would depart from 2E, and it's perfectly possible to make it (there's a hallway, airside, and you just have to clear passport control). And in July, fog won't be an issue at LIN.
Old Feb 3, 2017, 1:21 pm

Programs: DL SM, AAdvantage, SPG
I couldn't find any flights from LIN-CDG-YYZ that match those characteristics on July 8th. As far as I could tell, AF1831 departs from MXP, which is something brunos mentioned as a possibility.

Keep a close eye on your flights, especially if the connection time decreases further. Passport control can be fairly unpredictable, and 1hr 15min is a bit tight anyways; if it all goes perfectly, it can be done.
Old Feb 3, 2017, 3:09 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FlyerWx
I couldn't find any flights from LIN-CDG-YYZ that match those characteristics on July 8th. As far as I could tell, AF1831 departs from MXP, which is something brunos mentioned as a possibility.

Keep a close eye on your flights, especially if the connection time decreases further. Passport control can be fairly unpredictable, and 1hr 15min is a bit tight anyways; if it all goes perfectly, it can be done.
Here you go.

There are 4 other flights flying out of MXP but this one said Linate
Attached Images  
Old Feb 3, 2017, 4:42 pm

Programs: DL SM, AAdvantage, SPG
Originally Posted by lamscott
Here you go.
There are 4 other flights flying out of MXP but this one said Linate
Oh okay, thanks for providing that image. So it looks like a 2hr 25min connection, which should be enough time.
Old Feb 4, 2017, 1:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

After correcting your information, it appears that you can fly from MXP on AF1381 with a 1:05 connection in CDG which is totally unreasonable before a once-daily Long haul flight. Or AF 1213 from LIN with a 2:25 which is reasonable. It is a no-brainer.

However, I would think twice about getting an award rather than a paid ticket. The award has a large cash component, while return tickets are very cheap.
Old Feb 4, 2017, 2:26 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
It's more than enough time. If it wasn't (i.e. in violation of CDG MCT), you wouldn't be sold the ticket.
Old Feb 4, 2017, 4:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LondonElite
It's more than enough time. If it wasn't (i.e. in violation of CDG MCT), you wouldn't be sold the ticket.
I admire your statement that 1h05 (not 1h15) is more than enough. If the Milan flight is on time, that will be rushed but OK. Remember that you have to exit the plane (Might take a few minutes if seated in Y at mid or back of plane), then walk from 2F to 2E, then clear immigration and that can take a long time nowadays, even at priority Access 1, then get to the plane, possibly with the train. if the Milan flight is delayed by 30 min ....

The fact that AF sells a ticket with a 1h05 transit is not a guarantee that you will make it; only that they will take care of you if you misconnect.
I would not mind if the itin was YYZ-CDG-Milan, as there are many later flights to Milan. But for a Milan-CDG-YYZ a missed connection means either taking the same flight the next day or be rerouted the same day if possible (the direct AC flight leaves two hours earlier than AF). This is a major inconvenience.
Old Feb 4, 2017, 7:42 am
Suspended

I admire your statement that 1h05 (not 1h15) is more than enough.

<snip>
OP has posted that the connection time is 2h25, which is more than enough.
Old Feb 4, 2017, 3:44 pm

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meliá silver.
Originally Posted by LondonElite
OP has posted that the connection time is 2h25, which is more than enough.
OP yes.

However Brunos was refering to YOUR post which was definitely implying that 1h05 was more than enough for a 2F>2E connection, such a connection being more than risky.
Old Feb 4, 2017, 4:33 pm
Suspended

My post did not imply that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.