Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AF pre-flight dinner at JFK Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2017, 8:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by stimpy
Here's where making assumptions proves not to be wise. I got the P ticket on sale for cheaper than the usual J price.
Hey my friend. I just saw that you are approching your 30,000th post !! Does FT offer you a round-the-world P ticket when you pass the threshold ?
Old Jan 8, 2017, 10:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by Goldorak
Hey my friend. I just saw that you are approching your 30,000th post !! Does FT offer you a round-the-world P ticket when you pass the threshold ?
Hah. You are still drinking the new years Champagne?
Old Jan 8, 2017, 10:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Hah. You are still drinking the new years Champagne?
no, the Billecart Salmon of the 2E lounge yesterday for the 787 inaugural flight
Old Jan 8, 2017, 8:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Here's where making assumptions proves not to be wise. I got the P ticket on sale for cheaper than the usual J price.
What does that mean exactly? I assume P was still more expensive than J (usually a valid assumption...), and my point really was why pay the extra just for a somewhat bigger bed, when J is pretty darn good. (Yes, I understand there are other/valid reasons to choose F over J and there's probably a price point; my original comment was clearly tongue-in-cheek.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 1:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Comparing a P discounted price to a so-called "usual" J fare is not meaningful.
You can get a discounted J fare well below the discounted P fare.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 6:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by brunos
Comparing a P discounted price to a so-called "usual" J fare is not meaningful.
You can get a discounted J fare well below the discounted P fare.
Wrong again. Best to deal with facts or at least stop with declarative statements based on assumptions.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 7:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Wrong again. Best to deal with facts or at least stop with declarative statements based on assumptions.
Would you mean detailing the facts?
Old Jan 9, 2017, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by brunos
Would you mean detailing the facts?
The point is that I, and only I in this thread have the facts of the price of the P ticket I purchased and the available price of a J ticket at that moment. You do not have this information so it is kind of foolish to make a declarative statement about whether I wasted several thousand euros by sleeping on my JFK-CDG flight rather than dining after midnight or buying a J ticket, etc. I said pretty clearly that my P ticket was, in this unique instance, cheaper than a J ticket.

If you want to make a general statement about how you feel about J versus P, that's fine. Especially if it is based on your own experience. But criticizing others without knowing their circumstances is rarely a good idea.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 12:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
The point is that I, and only I in this thread have the facts of the price of the P ticket I purchased and the available price of a J ticket at that moment. You do not have this information so it is kind of foolish to make a declarative statement about whether I wasted several thousand euros by sleeping on my JFK-CDG flight rather than dining after midnight or buying a J ticket, etc.
Indeed, only you know what you paid and what the alternatives were, but since this is a discussion forum and not your personal diary, wouldn't you say that the best way to ensure that, as you rightly suggest, people deal with the relevant facts which, as you rightly point out, you are the only one to know, is to provide them and them people won't assume things (wrongly or otherwise)?

I said pretty clearly that my P ticket was, in this unique instance, cheaper than a J ticket.
Well, no, you did not say that at all. You said: 'I got the P ticket on sale for cheaper than the usual J price.', which is an entirely different and unrelated statement. You could have said: 'I got the P ticket for cheaper than J was on the same flight' but you did not.

A P ticket could be cheaper than the 'usual J price' (which, by the way, to me is a bit of a meaningless concept as there is no such thing as a "usual J price" - two week long advanced booking inflexible summer 'usual price' with a connection from a cheap market is very different from mid-September out Thursday back Friday booked at the last minute and requiring full flexibility) but still more expensive than the J ticket at equivalent conditions; or... a P ticket could be cheaper than the J equivalent but still more expensive than the 'usual' J prices, or it could be cheaper than both or more expensive than both, so relation to alternative, relation to usual, and your definition/criterion of usual are three different facts which only you can and therefore - if you do not want people to make ungrounded assumptions - have the responsibility to provide.

If you don't, this is FT and people will try and double guess the facts from the information people do not provide.
Old Jan 11, 2017, 10:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by orbitmic
Well, no, you did not say that at all. You said: 'I got the P ticket on sale for cheaper than the usual J price.', which is an entirely different and unrelated statement. You could have said: 'I got the P ticket for cheaper than J was on the same flight' but you did not.
Exactly.

I guess it's just hard to figure out some peoples' agendas. Love when the story changes. Sigh.
Old Jan 17, 2017, 10:09 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Alaska MVP; Free Agent Super Duper Diamond Treasure Chest ;)
Originally Posted by bennos
I was wondering how they sorted the STE+ riff-raff from the J passengers...
I was wondering that too. AF's JFK lounge is a Priority Pass lounge as well.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 5:31 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by knit-in
I was wondering that too. AF's JFK lounge is a Priority Pass lounge as well.
No sorting at all. Elite+ and Priority Pass customers are allowed to the same area, but do not receive the dinner voucher (at least when I used the service).
Old Feb 5, 2017, 11:41 am

I didn't know about the lounge pre-flight dining option either.
Is this something that's only offered in JFK, or do all flights from US/Canada East Coast to CDG have this option in the lounge?
Old Feb 5, 2017, 12:50 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by agjil
I didn't know about the lounge pre-flight dining option either.
Is this something that's only offered in JFK, or do all flights from US/Canada East Coast to CDG have this option in the lounge?
Only JFK-CDG at the moment. Not even JFK-ORY
Old Feb 5, 2017, 1:49 pm

Programs: FB platinum
That's true, but the JFK-ORY flight is much earlier (about 3 hours if I'm not mistaken) than the AF11 or AF9 for which the pre-dinner flight is offered. Eating dinner at 5pm is way too early for many people I imagine

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.