AF 787 : maiden flights on sale (January 7th/8th)

Old Dec 4, 2016, 3:30 am

Programs: FlyingBlue Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by NickB
It looks like the first LHR morning rotation (AF1680/AF1681) will be on the 787 this winter/spring with fares starting from £69 in Y and £249 in J.

I did one of these in J when they introduced the A380. I do not plan to do the same for the 787. However, I am wondering whether to switch to it for some flights. I would normally have gone for a later flight but could switch to the AF1681 on a couple of occasions. Not sure whether it is worth it, though. As a FB Plat (before April) or Gold (afterwards), am I likely to be able to sit in W rather than plain vanilla Y (bearing in mind that PE is not sold on this route) and would that still be the case if I bought a cheap-as-chips X-class mini fare?

If sat in plain Y, I really do not see the point since it seems that it would be less comfortable than in a bog standard A319/320. If sat in PE, that would be better.
I was wondering exactly the same. May give it a try hoping for a lighter load and enjoy 3 seats to myself (at worst) and potentially a PE seat (at best).
Old Dec 12, 2016, 7:14 am

Programs: Concorde Mach 2 -UAMM- First to Fly A380/B787/B747-8i/FlyingHonu
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Mirk
I was wondering exactly the same. May give it a try hoping for a lighter load and enjoy 3 seats to myself (at worst) and potentially a PE seat (at best).
I was on the first A380 to LHR and also on the return flight same aircraft same day.

I booked the first B787-9 to LHR 6 February AF1680 taking the return flight AF1680 back to CDG the next morning.

I received the advertisement for the Tour de France flights when published but I figured there would be a way to fly on the new aircraft for a lot less than the asked price for the scenic flights.

I flew on both ANA B787 types, the -8 (inaugural HND to Frankfurt and back) and also the -9 with JAL NRT-LHR.

The AF mini-trip will be a pleasure ride. I figured the best thing to do was to fly on the 787-9 both ways so I can sit in a different section of the aircraft rather than flying one sector on a mini-Bus.

I wonder if they will block the second cabin for these flights?

I hope there will be other FT'ers on AF1680 6 February as this will be the first flight to LHR with the new aircraft type.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.