AF B787-900 Dreamliner configuration revealed

Old Dec 21, 2016, 6:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by brunos
That does not mean that there is strictly no case for using an underutilized "small" widebody (A330, B787) on European routes. BA is doing it when demand justifies it (AF does it rarely).
Other than one-off exceptions in case of very severe irrops resulting in large numbers of pax stranded at destinations or familiarisation-cum-PR flights for new equipment, there is virtually no use by BA on long-haul equipped aircraft on intra-European except for 767s.
BA does use 767s on some European routes but these are part of the dedicated short-haul fleet. In case of shortage of short-haul configured 767 for one reason or another, a long-haul one could be substituted but that is the exception.
Old Dec 22, 2016, 12:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by NickB
Other than one-off exceptions in case of very severe irrops resulting in large numbers of pax stranded at destinations or familiarisation-cum-PR flights for new equipment, there is virtually no use by BA on long-haul equipped aircraft on intra-European except for 767s.
BA does use 767s on some European routes but these are part of the dedicated short-haul fleet. In case of shortage of short-haul configured 767 for one reason or another, a long-haul one could be substituted but that is the exception.
mostly one off's indeed although not only irrops operated ones, for instance when the Monte Carlo Grand Prix, results of the Cannes film festival and often bank holiday were all the same last weekend of May, BA routinely used to schedule one 777 or sometimes 744 on NCE-LHR, and they did several when England played in Nice for the football last June (and presumably the same on the occasion when hooligans spoilt the show in Marseille). That said AF is no different and routinely does the same.

in terms of regular ops, one BA LHR-MAD is moving to 777 (IB also operate one A340). LX and TK also operate a 330 to LHR and presumably a few others.
Old Dec 22, 2016, 3:33 pm

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Originally Posted by orbitmic
LX and TK also operate a 330 to LHR and presumably a few others.
But for TK this is the case throughout the year. For LX these are one-offs.
Old Dec 26, 2016, 12:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
ATL (AF688/689) is now announced for the B789, in October. I don't know if the service will continue for the winter season.
http://www.routesonline.com/news/38/...e-in-oct-2017/
Old Jan 1, 2017, 4:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
And now 2 flights to BCN on 27 Feb and 3 March
http://www.routesonline.com/news/38/...rvice-in-1q17/
Old Jan 23, 2017, 12:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by Goldorak
As it was said above, the 1st B789 just delivered will fly an almost daily rotation to LHR. La Tribune is reporting this morning that the 2nd one to be delivered in April could make a daily rotation to LYS between the arrival from- and the departure to YUL.
http://www.latribune.fr/entreprises-...gv-622146.html
Now confirmed, wth period and time of those fights here :
http://www.routesonline.com/news/38/...ervice-in-s17/
Old Jan 23, 2017, 5:29 am

Programs: FlyingBlue Platinum, Hertz PC
Is anyone here doing a LHR rotation ? I'm doing the LHR-CDG on the 9th of Feb, I will report how they assign/sell the Premium seats

EDIT: AF is telling me in DM on twitter that "the Premium Economy class has not been offered for sale on this flights, it will remain empty." to be sure I asked confirmation I understood well and they said "Yes, that is correct. The cabin will remain empty for the time being."

Maybe they will come up with a plan to make some money out of them, hopefully sell them as seats plus like the exit rows on the A320s but nothing certain...

Last edited by Mirk; Jan 23, 2017 at 9:21 am
Old Jan 23, 2017, 5:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by Mirk
Is anyone here doing a LHR rotation ? I'm doing the LHR-CDG on the 9th of Feb, I will report how they assign/sell the Premium seats

EDIT: AF is telling me in DM on twitter that "the Premium Economy class has not been offered for sale on this flights, it will remain empty." to be sure I asked confirmation I understood well and they said "Yes, that is correct. The cabin will remain empty for the time being."

Maybe they will come up with a plan to make some money out of them, hopefully sell them as seats plus like the exit rows on the A320s but nothing certain...
there is no more premium eco on medium-haul flights, so they will certainly not reintroduce this travel class/fare just for that flight which will operate only for a relatively short time.
I bet that W will remain empty indeed. It will simplify the cabin cleaning and preparation in CDG before the flight to CAI (and YUL form may).
Old Jan 23, 2017, 6:34 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum; Hilton Gold
At least they'll keep J seats for J. Imagine, if those W seats were sold as J

EDIT: Actually, will they? I actually wonder if J will in fact be "short-haul" style, i.e. first few Y rows with blocked middle seats.

Last edited by Sjondorn; Jan 23, 2017 at 6:43 pm
Old Jan 24, 2017, 12:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by Sjondorn
At least they'll keep J seats for J. Imagine, if those W seats were sold as J

EDIT: Actually, will they? I actually wonder if J will in fact be "short-haul" style, i.e. first few Y rows with blocked middle seats.
No. I am sure J pax will be in the J cabin.
Old Jan 24, 2017, 3:58 am

there is no more premium eco on medium-haul flights, so they will certainly not reintroduce this travel class/fare just for that flight which will operate only for a relatively short time.
I bet that W will remain empty indeed. It will simplify the cabin cleaning and preparation in CDG before the flight to CAI (and YUL form may).
I don't say they should reintroduce a travel class/fare but do something inspired by the North American airlines when they use their widebody on some short routes. Consider the premium eco seats as Plus Seats and sell them, that way it's not a new fare or class, just seats with more legroom let's say.
Old Jan 24, 2017, 10:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

I don't say they should reintroduce a travel class/fare but do something inspired by the North American airlines when they use their widebody on some short routes. Consider the premium eco seats as Plus Seats and sell them, that way it's not a new fare or class, just seats with more legroom let's say.
in theory, yes of course. But this is a temporary service, 45 min flight time and with 95% of the pax booked on it who will have no clue in advance they will fly in a widebody and expecting the usual A32S, so...
Old Jan 25, 2017, 2:24 am

in theory, yes of course. But this is a temporary service, 45 min flight time and with 95% of the pax booked on it who will have no clue in advance they will fly in a widebody and expecting the usual A32S, so...
True. While some other crazy folks are going down to LHR from BHX by bus just to get a 45min peak into the 787 and judge by myself if I really have to avoid it or if it's not that bad
Old Jan 25, 2017, 2:39 am

Programs: Former DL DM and UA 1k, now a J class free agent (UA Gold, AS MVP Gold)
Unfortunately they start AF1680 CDG-LHR with the 787 on Monday February 6th - I'm flying it just a couple of days prior.

I'll likely catch AF1680 with the 787 in early March.
Old Jan 25, 2017, 2:51 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by SEA-Flyer
Unfortunately they start AF1680 CDG-LHR with the 787 on Monday February 6th - I'm flying it just a couple of days prior.

I'll likely catch AF1680 with the 787 in early March.
DL was offering me a connecting flight through LHR, and I was ready to refuse it, until I saw that AF1680 was on the 787. Exceptionally took it

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.