Search

AF B787-900 Dreamliner configuration revealed

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2016, 5:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by LY777
BA or EK?
BA configured some of their "Leisure" 772s with 10 abreast but passengers were so angry that BA switched back to 9 abreast on all of their 777s
You raise an interesting question. Increasing the density is a question of economics and timing.
Reducing the seat pitch (say from 34 as in the good old days) leads to complaints but may be less "visible" than adding a seat to a row of nine. Being among the first airline to do it can get a lot of flacks from customers. EK was kind of a new entrant with a business model based on low price in Y. BA was regarded as a top quality airline in all classes. First one (give or take one) to introduce solo flat bed in F and flat bed in J. Nowadays most pax in the know expect airlines to move to 10 abreast on 777 so it would attract less ill feeling from BA pax.
And their image in all classes is not what it used to be.
With the introduction of PE economics and competition probably call for a densification of Y.
Old Sep 20, 2016, 2:49 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
First destination will be CAI on 10 January. On 7 and 8 January there also will be special welcoming flights. Sales for this start early December.
Old Sep 20, 2016, 3:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
So that's why KL were forced to stop flying there
Old Sep 20, 2016, 3:13 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Are there some confirmed information already on which routes the B787 will be deployed in the following months? The fleet will grow over time and CAI is probably just a training destination (short rotations, gives more crews more takeoffs and landings).

Here is secretely hoping for ORD, which is a choice of horror right now. AA or dreaful UA or AF on an A332 with NEV....
Old Sep 20, 2016, 5:44 am

Programs: FB Platinum
Originally Posted by San Gottardo
Here is secretely hoping for ORD, which is a choice of horror right now. AA or dreaful UA or AF on an A332 with NEV....
SFO would be very nice as well, as it's between dreadful UA or AF on a NEV 777 except in the summer months...
Old Sep 20, 2016, 9:51 am

Programs: El Al Matmid, Air France Flying Blue Silver
Originally Posted by joyu12
SFO would be very nice as well, as it's between dreadful UA or AF on a NEV 777 except in the summer months...
UA Will operate 788s on the SFO-CDG flight
Old Sep 20, 2016, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by San Gottardo
Are there some confirmed information already on which routes the B787 will be deployed in the following months? The fleet will grow over time and CAI is probably just a training destination (short rotations, gives more crews more takeoffs and landings).

I believe ORD is indeed a serious candidate.

Originally Posted by joyu12
maybe in winter, but for the summer season, the 789 is clearly not enough capacity for AF to SFO.

Overall, I believe the current A343 routes are the best candidates for a replacement by the B789 (e.g. DTW, MSP, etc) because they are phased out. BOS would be a good candidate too now that the DL flight is operated year round. I think BOG and SXM will be the last A343 destinations.
Old Sep 20, 2016, 5:43 pm

Originally Posted by brunos
The J config looks identical to KL 787.
SO probably Cirrus too.
The KL J seats in their 787 are different from the other New WBC for the stated reason of "commonality with AF" so that seems extremely likely.
Old Sep 20, 2016, 7:21 pm
Suspended

Programs: VX Elevate, B6 TrueBlue, DL SkyMiles
I was hoping they were canceling all their 787 orders.
Old Sep 20, 2016, 11:18 pm

Programs: FlyingBlue Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by vxflyer
I was hoping they were canceling all their 787 orders.
Agreed. For those of us who only gets to fly Y these 787s are a disaster :/

I don't like that AF/KL invested so heavily in the 777/787, seat width is horrible.
Old Sep 20, 2016, 11:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Now announced on routesonline. Horrible timing of the return flight
http://www.routesonline.com/news/38/...t-in-jan-2017/

Last edited by Goldorak; Sep 21, 2016 at 4:27 pm
Old Sep 21, 2016, 12:00 am

Originally Posted by Goldorak
Horrible timing of the return flight :eek7[/url]
Yep, but the arrival time to CDG makes it possible to connect to many European cities and arrive there before 9/10am

They have similar arrival timings out of TLV, few years ago they moved an afternoon flight to 1am.

Of course with a flat bad it is not as bad as with a 320...
Old Sep 22, 2016, 1:23 pm

Programs: FB Platinum
Originally Posted by Goldorak
I believe ORD is indeed a serious candidate.

maybe in winter, but for the summer season, the 789 is clearly not enough capacity for AF to SFO.
Of course, i think as long as SFO gets BEST seats on a consistent basis (and an A380 in the summer) i would be satisfied.
Old Nov 26, 2016, 3:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by KLflyerRalph
First destination will be CAI on 10 January. On 7 and 8 January there also will be special welcoming flights. Sales for this start early December.
As per an AF information just released, it seems that the 1st flight to CAI will be on Jan 9 (but I didn't check that doing a dummy booking). The 1st plane will be delivered on Dec 2. A 2nd plane will be delivered in April and will be used from May 1st on CDG-YUL (AF344/345) ^.
Also there will be a daily rotation CDG-LHR from Feb 6 to march 25 (except wednesdays). More info here about the LHR service.
http://www.routesonline.com/news/38/...t=Air%20France
Old Nov 26, 2016, 10:44 am

Programs: FlyingBlue Platinum, Hertz PC
Is there a precedent in how PE seats are attributed when a widebody is used on short/medium haul ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.