Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Standing by for earlier flight

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2016, 8:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
I took a NCE-CDG flight recently and saw no difference whatsoever with my usual NCE-ORY.
I was at the back of the full plane but it did not seem to me that the middle seat was left empty in the first rows as I remember reading about these having a pseudo-C cabin. I might have missed it???
Old Aug 28, 2016, 2:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by brunos
I was at the back of the full plane but it did not seem to me that the middle seat was left empty in the first rows as I remember reading about these having a pseudo-C cabin. I might have missed it???
There is no such thing on CDG-province flights. They do it sometimes only if the flight is not full. The only circumstance for which they do leave the middle seat free on purpose is if there are P pax connecting to/from CDG/domestic flight.
Old Aug 28, 2016, 6:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Goldorak
There is no such thing on CDG-province flights. They do it sometimes only if the flight is not full. The only circumstance for which they do leave the middle seat free on purpose is if there are P pax connecting to/from CDG/domestic flight.
Indeed, and it happens also on ORY flights when they aren't full. Moreover, as I mentioned above, CDG-NCE (like all domestic routes) is now sadly operated by Hop crew I believe. Before that, you still used to have a separate abonne section (with open curtain) and small things like ice cubes and some basic spirits (whisky, port, gin I believe). Now it is all Hope with large bottle, no ice cubes, and no alcoholic drinks (with the possible exception of beer I aren't sure).
Old Aug 28, 2016, 7:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by orbitmic
Now it is all Hope with large bottle, no ice cubes, and no alcoholic drinks (with the possible exception of beer I aren't sure).
Beer and wine (using the term in a "wine" in a very loose manner, ), afaik, as far as alcohol is concerned. That is the case on CDG-MRS, at any rate.
Old Aug 28, 2016, 7:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by NickB
Beer and wine (using the term in a "wine" in a very loose manner, ), afaik, as far as alcohol is concerned. That is the case on CDG-MRS, at any rate.
Ah, that's marginally better than I feared!! Still, I happen not to drink the AF version of either whilst I am partial to a little port or pastis when given the option! The AF pastis bottle (and it is my word to use the term extremely loosely) is the tiniest one I have ever seen! (2cl I believe!!)
Old Jan 4, 2019, 4:17 pm

Programs: FlyingBlue Platinum, Hertz PC
I'm bumping up this old thread to ask if anyone was able to see the go show/after show option at check-in with a flex ticket (+abonné) itinerary with a connection in CDG.
Currently looking at such ticket and I was hoping to shorten the connection from 4h to 2h by taking a domestic flight later before continuing onto North Africa but the option never appears during the check-in.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 1:50 am

Programs: FlyingBlue Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Mirk
I'm bumping up this old thread to ask if anyone was able to see the go show/after show option at check-in with a flex ticket (+abonné) itinerary with a connection in CDG.
Currently looking at such ticket and I was hoping to shorten the connection from 4h to 2h by taking a domestic flight later before continuing onto North Africa but the option never appears during the check-in.
Got an answer: only possible for direct flights which is a bummer.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 7:59 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
For an upcoming trip I am booked in A on the TATL portion and then Y flex on the CDG-Schengen segment. Could I switch to a later CDG-Schengen flight when I arrive to CDG to have a longer layover?

What about the return, would it be possible to take an earlier flight if booked in Y flex and connecting to a TATL flight, to have a longer layover at CDG?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.