Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NCE current security ?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2016, 2:15 pm
Original Poster

NCE current security ?

Sorry if this question has been already asked : how is the security at Nice airport right now ? Need to fly tomorrow and wonder if I should arrive earlier than usual.

Not a lot of people on the street in cannes....
Old Jul 16, 2016, 3:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
It will be like security for just a normal July weekend. There are no particular restrictions but the airport is obviously extremely busy at the moment and Sundays are a huge day for departures.
Old Jul 17, 2016, 9:58 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by orbitmic
It will be like security for just a normal July weekend. There are no particular restrictions but the airport is obviously extremely busy at the moment and Sundays are a huge day for departures.
Thank you.
You're right : nothing special /particular
Old Jul 18, 2016, 10:51 am

Programs: BA-S UA LH-Sen KLM/AF-Plat.
Left from there a couple of weeks ago and the security was very obvious. Many armed army uniformed and an equal number of police. Terminal wasn't that busy so it may have looked more obvious than normal, but it did give the feeling that security was tight.
Old Jul 18, 2016, 12:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
I should have added that because of the "Alerte Attentat" security level, on the other hand, there is passport control for all international flights including within Schengen. This can create some queues notably for arrivals, although yesterday, the huge queue for terminal 1 arrivals (reaching well beyond the ramp for those who know the place) actually moved fairly swiftly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.