Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buying La Premiere Ground for CDG-YVR

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2016, 12:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Flyer1981
I have just made a booking for the La Premiere Ground Service in March 2017. I will have 4h35m to fully enjoy my stay at the lounge prior to my flight to Osaka.

Looking forward to it!!!
Originally Posted by toastedcafe
Agree with other posts, it seems it is not the case anymore. Just booked the service for my next flight on the end of April (2017)!
Very happy for you guys
Old Dec 1, 2016, 1:54 pm

Programs: AA Million Miler, Mosaic, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by Goldorak
Very happy for you guys
Now if I can just figure out how to get the wait staff to pay attention to me!
Old Feb 21, 2017, 6:50 pm

How strictly is the "On long-haul flights provided by Air France or Delta Air Lines that do not feature a La Première cabin" requirement enforced?

So if I were to fly IAD-CDG-CMN I would be unable to buy lounge access?

Thanks!
Old Feb 21, 2017, 7:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by iluvdoco
How strictly is the "On long-haul flights provided by Air France or Delta Air Lines that do not feature a La Première cabin" requirement enforced?
Pretty strictly, from what I understand.

So if I were to fly IAD-CDG-CMN I would be unable to buy lounge access?
If you were on an IAD-CDG flight that didn't sell F, you could buy it. If you were on the A380 or 77W, you couldn't. I do see a 772 on some days (e.g., Tu/Th in May).
Old Feb 21, 2017, 10:16 pm

Originally Posted by ijgordon
Pretty strictly, from what I understand.

If you were on an IAD-CDG flight that didn't sell F, you could buy it. If you were on the A380 or 77W, you couldn't. I do see a 772 on some days (e.g., Tu/Th in May).
Thanks ijgordon!

And it looks like the 772 has the new J seats too! Excellent.

Last edited by iluvdoco; Feb 21, 2017 at 10:23 pm
Old Feb 22, 2017, 8:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by iluvdoco
Thanks ijgordon!

And it looks like the 772 has the new J seats too! Excellent.
Sounds like a win-win for you!
Old Mar 5, 2017, 1:57 pm

connecting to a different airline

I'm looking to fly ORD-CDG. I will then be picking up an Etiha flight to Abu Dhabi. Will this count as an arrival or transit for use of the service?
Old Mar 5, 2017, 10:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dez3b
I'm looking to fly ORD-CDG. I will then be picking up an Etiha flight to Abu Dhabi. Will this count as an arrival or transit for use of the service?
Based on the wording of the terms & conditions linked above, I assume this would be a connection, if the flight to AUH departs from Terminal 2. If it's from another terminal, then it would probably have to be considered an arrival (with no lounge access).
Old Mar 5, 2017, 11:13 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum
Ethiad lounge

If you are leaving on Ethiad in business, the lounge in Paris is one of the best I have been in...although I have never been in the La Premiere lounge...

Full food service from a menu delivered to your seat, excellent wine selection, wait staff was very attentive.

Nothing like a typical AF lounge experience.
Old Mar 6, 2017, 4:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by dez3b
Arrival.
Old Jun 12, 2017, 1:54 pm

Programs: Skymiles (former DM), MileagePlus (Silver), Marriott Rewards/SPG Platinum (Lifetime Titanium)
Originally Posted by puls
Any ideas if four people is within the realm of possibility?
Does anyone have any data points on purchasing > 1 spot in the lounge since they relaxed the 10 day purchasing window discussed earlier in this thread?
- I plan to call and can report back with my own data point as well but am currently waiting to confirm that our friends are ok with the cost.

I'm on an eligible flight from JFK > CDG > OPO (booked on a 772) in August and traveling in a group of 4 and would like to take advantage of this.

Also, my apologies if I missed it in this thread, but what happens if there is an equipment swap from the 772 to a 77W or A380 that has a La Premiere cabin? Would the purchased pass still be eligible? I do not see this outlined in the conditions on the airfrance website.
Old Jun 12, 2017, 8:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by rabingham89
Also, my apologies if I missed it in this thread, but what happens if there is an equipment swap from the 772 to a 77W or A380 that has a La Premiere cabin? Would the purchased pass still be eligible? I do not see this outlined in the conditions on the airfrance website.
Of course it will be still eligible. And do not forget that in that case, the P seats on-board will not be sold as it is a "last minute" substitution.
Old Jun 13, 2017, 7:23 am

Programs: Skymiles (former DM), MileagePlus (Silver), Marriott Rewards/SPG Platinum (Lifetime Titanium)
Thanks for the prompt response. I called this morning and while it seemed like purchasing 4 spots would be an option, I misunderstood the T&C of the offer.

Since we booked the ticket on DL stock the agent explained that even though we are flying AF metal all the way through, it was not eligible to purchase the option. However, the inverse scenario (AF stock on DL metal) would have been eligible.

I will likely call again to see if there is an agent who is willing to provide a different perspective but do not have high hopes given that the rules for this service appear to be strictly adhered to in order to keep this an exclusive experience.

3.1. The “La Première ground services at Paris-Charles de Gaulle” Option is fee-based and subject to availability. It is reserved for Customers traveling in Business Class with a ticket indicating an Air France flight number for departure or arrival, or during connecting flight(s) at Paris-Charles de Gaulle airport:
On long-haul flights provided by Air France or Delta Air Lines that do not feature a La Première cabin
On flights to Moscow and Tel Aviv provided by Air France
Old Jun 13, 2017, 2:14 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Thanks for the prompt response. I called this morning and while it seemed like purchasing 4 spots would be an option, I misunderstood the T&C of the offer.

Since we booked the ticket on DL stock the agent explained that even though we are flying AF metal all the way through, it was not eligible to purchase the option. However, the inverse scenario (AF stock on DL metal) would have been eligible.

I will likely call again to see if there is an agent who is willing to provide a different perspective but do not have high hopes given that the rules for this service appear to be strictly adhered to in order to keep this an exclusive experience.
Very good to know. My DL tickets are usually issued by AF, and as La Premiere is out of my league, it would be nice to at least try the lounge at some point.
Old Jun 13, 2017, 7:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

indeed this is a strict rule and do not have any hope to obtain a different answer by calling back.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.