Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buying La Premiere Ground for CDG-YVR

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2017, 5:18 pm

Programs: AA - PLT(2MM); DL - PM(2MM); Hilton - Gold; Marriott Bonvoy- Titanium; Hyatt - Platinum
Hmmm, that doesn't mirror my experience. Twice, recently, I was flying J on AF w/o an F cabin, and with a ticket purchased from DL, and I was able to purchase the F ground package.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 2:50 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
It seems that DL flights are now eligible for La Premiere Ground Services, however, the T&C mentions "An Air France Ticket". Does this mean it has to be a 057 Stock and AF coded, or can it be indeed booked by AF but with a DL flight number?

- "Customer": individual person 18 years of age or older who has reserved the “La Première ground services at Paris-Charles de Gaulle” Option holding an Air France ticket for travel in the Business cabin, provided by Air France or Delta Airlines, for a long-haul flight with no La Première cabin available.
- "Long-Haul Flights": long-haul flights with an Air France flight number and provided by Air France or Delta Air Lines that do not feature a La Première cabin, or flights to Moscow and Tel Aviv provided by Air France and offering the Option.
3. CONDITIONS FOR RESERVING THE “LA PREMIÈRE GROUND SERVICES AT PARIS-CHARLES DE GAULLE” OPTION
3.1. The “La Première ground services at Paris-Charles de Gaulle” Option is fee-based and subject to availability. It is reserved for Customers traveling in Business Class with a ticket indicating an Air France flight number for departure or arrival, or during connecting flight(s) at Paris-Charles de Gaulle airport:
On long-haul flights provided by Air France or Delta Air Lines that do not feature a La Première cabin
On flights to Moscow and Tel Aviv provided by Air France
Old Sep 14, 2017, 3:14 am

Programs: AMEX Platinum, BA Gold, Flying Blue Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by SDQBound
It seems that DL flights are now eligible for La Premiere Ground Services, however, the T&C mentions "An Air France Ticket". Does this mean it has to be a 057 Stock and AF coded, or can it be indeed booked by AF but with a DL flight number?
I read the 'An Air France ticket' as a ticket for a flight on Air France metal. Before you couldn't not request ground services if your ticket was issued by DL with DL flight number. So I would guess it means if you bought a ticket through DL, with DL flight number, on a AF metal flight you can now also buy ground services.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 3:23 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by kevinflyaway
I read the 'An Air France ticket' as a ticket for a flight on Air France metal. Before you couldn't not request ground services if your ticket was issued by DL with DL flight number. So I would guess it means if you bought a ticket through DL, with DL flight number, on a AF metal flight you can now also buy ground services.
Not necessarily. In the last year or so, my DL tickets have been sold by AF (who handles AF ticketing in France), so in theory, my tickets are Air France tickets (057 stock).

After reading again the last paragraph I quoted, it clearly says ticket indicating an Air France flight number, I missed this part on my previous post.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 11:11 am

Programs: AMEX Platinum, BA Gold, Flying Blue Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by SDQBound
After reading again the last paragraph I quoted, it clearly says ticket indicating an Air France flight number, I missed this part on my previous post.
Ah..I see now also the 3rd paragraph edit. Now I understand it could be a DL metal flight in Business, booked with AF number
Old Sep 18, 2017, 9:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Interesting, as DL doesn't have first class at all, so there are more options now for J pax to potentially use this service as it's "easier" to find flights without F.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 11:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MumbaiDan
Now they stopped the service for TLV and Moscow.
Its a pity
Originally Posted by Goldorak
Can you clarify ? There has never been P proposed to TLV or SVO, as those are operated by medium-haul planes. However you do benefit from the P ground experience if you travel to/from those stations in connection to/from a long-haul flights proposing P.
I am confused. The published conditions do seem to treat TLV and SVO as exceptions which, despite being medium-haul, are treated as if they were long-haul for the purposes of purchasing La Première ground service:
Originally Posted by General Conditions of Sale for La Première Ground Services
- "Long-Haul Flights": long-haul flights with an Air France flight number and provided by Air France or Delta Air Lines that do not feature a La Première cabin, or flights to Moscow and Tel Aviv provided by Air France and offering the Option.
(emphasis added)
Is that not the case?
And if it is the case that TLV and SVO are eligible, what is meant by AF flights to SVO and TLV "offering the Option"?
I looked at the French version but it is equally ambiguous:
Originally Posted by Conditions Générales de Vente du service au sol La Première
- "Vols Long-Courriers" : vols long-courriers non équipés de cabine La Première portant un numéro Air France et effectué par Air France ou Delta Air Lines, ou vols à destination de Moscou et Tel Aviv effectués par Air France et offrant la possibilité de réserver l'Option.
Old Sep 23, 2017, 2:41 pm

Can you clarify ? There has never been P proposed to TLV or SVO, as those are operated by medium-haul planes. However you do benefit from the P ground experience if you travel to/from those stations in connection to/from a long-haul flights proposing P.
One could indeed purchase La Première ground service for flights to/from Moscow.

The metal had to be AF when the entire itinerary was originating or terminating at CDG, without a further long-haul sector.

If it was a more complex itinerary with a long-haul sector on AF before or after, it was even allowed for the CDG-SVO to be operated by Aeroflot (preferred option since Aeroflot has a superior business class product on the route) and one could still benefit from La Première ground service, as long as the entire ticket was issued on AF stock.

I am very sad to hear that this has been discontinued. Could anyone reconfirm?
Old Apr 8, 2018, 1:06 pm

Programs: Former DL DM and UA 1k, now a J class free agent (UA Gold, AS MVP Gold)
Anyone tried this recently?

Considering it for a flight later this month.
Old Apr 8, 2018, 2:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by SEA-Flyer
Anyone tried this recently?

Considering it for a flight later this month.
tried what ? Buying P ground services ? If yes, you should read this thread from post #378
Constructive Criticism of La Premiere
​​​​​​​
Old Apr 8, 2018, 2:30 pm

Programs: Former DL DM and UA 1k, now a J class free agent (UA Gold, AS MVP Gold)

tried what ? Buying P ground services ? If yes, you should read this thread from post #378
Constructive Criticism of La Premiere
Bummer about the change - that rules it out for me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.