Exit Row Waist Size

Old Jun 25, 2016, 6:41 pm

Programs: DL, AC, Bonvoy, Accor, Hilton
Originally Posted by Ditto
Does it really make a big difference if it is in the exit row or any other row?
Very significant difference in an exit row. The pax sitting in the row must be agile and strong enough to remove the exit and to turn around in a small space to allow the pivot and toss of the door. This is why the infirm, the elderly, children, and the "big" people are to be kept out of the exit row. Yes, I know that this is not always the case. Unfortunately, the big person can cause a serious delay in the evacuation of the flight if that person gets stuck or is too big to manipulate the exit door.

It becomes even more politically incorrect to discuss when the issue of children ages 2-14, the physically impaired and the elderly are accounted for in an evacuation. Depending where these people are located in the cabin, they can delay a cabin evacuation significantly. If one looks at the evacuation demos the airline manufacturers have provided, you will never ever see an evacuation where the passengers reflect what is actually on board. The participants are always young adults who are just sitting there prepared to evacuate. It's the biggest sham of the safety certification process.
Old Jun 26, 2016, 2:54 am

Originally Posted by Transpacificflyer
Very significant difference in an exit row. The pax sitting in the row must be agile and strong enough to remove the exit and to turn around in a small space to allow the pivot and toss of the door.
I don't disagree with that, my question was to HalconBCN about his comment... it has nothing to do with the ability to open the door.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.