change/increase in CDG security?

Old May 21, 2016, 8:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: FB , BA Gold
change/increase in CDG security?

Following the recent MS accident departing from CDG, have there been any changes/increase in security measures. Flying there on Monday.
Old May 22, 2016, 12:09 am
Suspended

I was flying on Thursday in the afternoon and we were astonished by the security agents.
We used the 1st priority lane in 2F and a business dressed man behind me made the metal detector rang, the second time he went through an other security agent followed him but he and I were sure that it rang for him (he told me in English something like they are really dedicated to their jobs). The 4 agent asked themselve, "did he rings ? No ? Are you sure ?" obviously they were not sure but they let them passed !
When I unpacked my hand lugguage I found that I forgot to remove my shaver from it !!!
That is really alarming
Old May 22, 2016, 4:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by Jeff_
When I unpacked my hand lugguage I found that I forgot to remove my shaver from it !!!
If an electric shaver, there is no reason to remove it. A huge number of male pax travel with an electric shaver in their handbag and keep it there for Xrays. I never took it out anywhere and never asked.
If a usual mechanic shaver, that is fine too.
The only problem would be the barber-type blade.
Old May 22, 2016, 4:46 am

Programs: BA, TK, HHonours, Le Club, Best Western Rewards
The Telegraph is reporting that a number of aircraft in lying Easyjet had been graffettied with Arabic slogans over the last few months at CDG and Lyon.

If that is true then that is deeply concerning.
Old May 22, 2016, 6:03 am

Programs: Flying Blue, EuroBonus
Originally Posted by Worcester
The Telegraph is reporting that a number of aircraft in lying Easyjet had been graffettied with Arabic slogans over the last few months at CDG and Lyon.

If that is true then that is deeply concerning.
Is reporting? I read about it last year. 4 Easyjet planes, 2 weeks after the crash in Egypt.
Old May 22, 2016, 12:36 pm

Programs: FB Plat./BA Gold (thanks BD)/A3 *Gold/HH Diamond/A Club Gold
OMG - an electric shaver....

The terrorists second favourite tool in their arsenal after eyebrow tweezers.

Personally I am much more concerned by the poor security at Heathrow of the US where they don't care who is leaving the country - as long as they are leaving...
Old May 22, 2016, 2:32 pm

Programs: Flying Blue, Miles&Smiles
Originally Posted by brunos
Following the recent MS accident departing from CDG, have there been any changes/increase in security measures. Flying there on Monday.
As far as I could see this weekend, security is as usual (ie can be smooth if you understand what the security agents are telling you, a bit bumpy if not) and nothing new to report. If I'm not mistaken, the security level in the airport is already on maximum level so I don't see how they can do anything more.
Old May 22, 2016, 3:00 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat (4m+), AF Plat, A3 Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat/Ambassador
IMHO I noticed severely increased security when I arrived from LHR (!!) yesterday into 2E. I have had this happen coming from IST or TBS but LHR??

1) 4 customs agents on the jet bridge asking to see passports

2) Each and every passport scanned and people questioned (I have an EU passport but still...)

3) AFTER leaving the customs area as I was about to go down the escalator to take the RER 4 MORE customs agents... one approached me and asked me where I was coming from and going to...

Never seen this much security... even post Nov 13....

So absolutely-- YES.
Old May 22, 2016, 11:03 pm

Programs: FB Plat./BA Gold (thanks BD)/A3 *Gold/HH Diamond/A Club Gold
No change this morning at 2D, very normal...
Old May 23, 2016, 4:53 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Miles&Smiles
Originally Posted by bostontraveler
IMHO I noticed severely increased security when I arrived from LHR (!!) yesterday into 2E. I have had this happen coming from IST or TBS but LHR??
My flights was inside the Schengen area, so maybe YMMV depending on origin/destination being in the Schengen area or not?
Old May 23, 2016, 9:24 am

Programs: Former DL DM and UA 1k, now a J class free agent (UA Gold, AS MVP Gold)
I flew CDG-SEA from 2F yesterday. Didn't notice any changes compared to other recent flights.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.