Wiki Posts
Search

Changes for Les Cars Air France from May 12, 2016

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2016, 2:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Changes for Les Cars Air France from May 12, 2016

From May 12, the AF coach services between CDG/ORY and Paris and between CDG and ORY will no longer be operated by AF. It will be replaced by a service called "Le bus direct" proposed by Aerolis in partnership with ADP (or rather "Paris Aéroport" as they want to be called now). This change comes with some other (good) changes about the Paris stops.
Line 1 : ORY - Gare Montparnasse - La Motte Picquet - Eiffel tower - Trocadéro - Etoile Champs Elysées.
Line 2 : CDG - Porte Maillot - Etoile Champs Elysées - Trocadéro - Eiffel tower
Line 3 : CDG-ORY
Line 4 : CDG - gare de Lyon - gare Montparnasse
There will be no more stop at Invalides

Free wifi and USB ports will be available on-board.
Fares (no more child or group fares):
- ORY-Paris : E 12 one way, E 20 return
- CDG-Paris : E 17 one way, E 30 return
- ORY-CDG : E 21 one way, E 36 return

www.lebusdirect.com
Note that this website is still not accessible (protected by password !!)

One thing has not been mentioned in the announcement : will the line 3 trip (CDG-ORY) still be free for FB platinum ? Personally, as the service will not be operated by AF anymore, I believe we can forget about it...
Old May 3, 2016, 4:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Glad I made all the use of it I could last year. As a gold member it was free for me too!
Old May 3, 2016, 5:24 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
This is indeed a positive change, as I always had the feeling the routes did not cover a lot of stops.
The ORY-Invalides route allowed carry-on only passengers to get off at Duroc. I'm wondering if this will still be the case on line 1.
Old May 4, 2016, 7:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I think whether it is positive or negative will be proven out over time as we see how well it performs and if they drop service during difficult periods to reduce costs. And if they will work during periods of general strikes. And if they eliminate or reduce the staff who stores the under-cabin baggage.
Old May 4, 2016, 10:14 am

Programs: FlyingBlue Platinum, Hertz PC
I just asked:
https://twitter.com/AirFranceFR/stat...93541951778816

They said nothing changes for the moment so Gold and Plat keep free access for the ORY<->CDG transfert but for how long ? That's the question
Old May 5, 2016, 5:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Thank you for having asked them the question
Old May 6, 2016, 8:37 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
i hope it will be the same for the free transfers between CDG and ORY cause it was very useful and convenient
Old May 13, 2016, 12:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

An article just published in la Tribune
http://www.latribune.fr/entreprises-...ce-571012.html
Old May 13, 2016, 1:13 am

Programs: FB Plat for life, FB PC, M&M FT, Hertz President (+ many low tier cards)
So. If I understand well the busses are brand new. Might give them a try. I used the AF bus only once, to find out that leg space was so narrow that I had to sit diagonally, wedged between the row in front of me and the passenger sitting next to me. In case that has improved I'll give this a new chance.
Old May 17, 2016, 7:42 am

I love the original service and frequently use it to get into Paris from CDG even when flying La Premier, because it is always quick and easy.

As with all changes I will hold out hope until i get to try it.
Old May 18, 2016, 6:44 am

Programs: BA ExClub Blue (ex Silver), Flying Blue Silver (ex Platinum), M&M forever base soldier
Has anyone tried the new buses ? Is the legroom and seat width really improved ?
Old May 20, 2016, 3:24 am

Programs: BA ExClub Blue (ex Silver), Flying Blue Silver (ex Platinum), M&M forever base soldier
Nothing has changed, really

So, to answer myself : I tried the "new" service on Line 4 (CDG-Montparnasse) yesterday.

The only thing "new" is the sticker on the coaches. The rest is exactly the same as before : same buses, same staff, same cramped seats, same "pay as you board" system, and certainly neither WiFi nor USB ports were available. "They might come in the future, if we receive new buses" said the driver, who was not really convinced that would actually happen.

To me this is yet another case of deceiving advertisement.

Last edited by albireo; May 20, 2016 at 3:31 am
Old May 20, 2016, 3:32 am

Programs: FB Plat for life, FB PC, M&M FT, Hertz President (+ many low tier cards)
Originally Posted by albireo
So, to answer myself : I tried the "new" service on Line 4 (CDG-Montparnasse) yesterday.

The only thing "new" is the sticker on the coaches. The rest is exactly the same as before : same buses, same staff, same cramped seats, same "pay as you board" system, and certainly neither WiFi nor USB ports were available. "They might come in the future, if we receive new buses" said the driver, who was not really convinced that would actually happen.

Thanks for the info.

laisse tomber!
Old May 20, 2016, 9:42 am

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meliá silver.
Originally Posted by Zembla
T(...) laisse tomber!
I'd give them a bit of time. They may have ordered buses, have received ONE and the rest will follow.

The driver may not be the most reliable source of information.
Old May 20, 2016, 9:57 am

Programs: FB Gold
Originally Posted by albireo

I can report the same thing, having tried Line 1 (ORY-Etoile) yesterday. WiFI was not working either and the seat has the same restricted legroom as before. It's basically the same service, with a new livery and more expensive.

Now it is still a very convenient way to get into Paris from either CDG or ORY, and I'll give them a bit of time but if things don't improve, I'll just use Le Cab or Uber every time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.