European J class - do FAs usually recollect jackets?

Old May 2, 2016, 12:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: FB Gold, IB Plus Plata
European J class - do FAs usually recollect jackets?

Hi all,

I've only done 2 flights in AF European business class (to FCO and VIE), and I was surprised to see that FAs didn't recollect jackets to hang them in the closet. Several competitors or partners do it (even on an airline like Air Europa...). Is it usual protocol for AF or did I have bad luck?

I know it is insignificant but it's a service I always apreciate..
Old May 2, 2016, 2:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
There is no more wardrobe service in AF C medium-haul for many years unfortunately . This goes back to when they suppressed one F/A on-board and when they densified the cabin (so no more wardrobe space).
A bad thing IMO, as this service is typically something expected in C class.
Old May 4, 2016, 7:04 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Originally Posted by Goldorak
A bad thing IMO, as this service is typically something expected in C class.
+1

On top of that, on some routes in Europe they use the A318 which doesn't even have a coat hook at the seat so you have a choice between crumpling your jacket into the dirty overhead bin, leave it on, lay it on the seat next to you, or fiddle with the little lock of the tray table and attempt to squeeze-hang it there. Or just go with the times and dress in silly coloured Adidas jumpers.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.