Wiki Posts
Search

AF discusses partnership with...SQ

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2016, 4:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Cool AF discusses partnership with...SQ

Interesting article (sorry in French) today in la Tribune:
http://www.latribune.fr/entreprises-...es-567143.html

Not a lot of details given but it seems the 2 airlines are discussing cooperation beyond CDG and SIN + code-sharing on CDG-SIN. But, as per *A rules, SQ needs to obtain approval from *A board and I don't think LH will be very happy with that.
The article mentions another interesting story : AF and SQ were discussing last year a more intensive cooperation, including SQ leaving *A, but finally SQ didn't use the possibility given to all *A carriers, for a certain time window last year, to leave the alliance without penalties.

Such an agreement would be a very good move and it would solve the Oceania service for AF, which remains a weak point since the termination of the agreement with QF and because the agreement with EY never really materialized.
Old Apr 27, 2016, 11:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
KLM already cooperates with SQ beyond SIN, and has done for years [it cooperates with many non-Skyteam airlines on such itineraries, including Etihad, (from *A) Air China, Air New Zealand, (from oneworld) Cathay Pacific, Qantas/Jetstar, Malaysia Airlines. No codeshare/cooperation on AMS-SIN

Old Apr 28, 2016, 2:13 am

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat ; A3 Gold ; HH Gold ; IHG Plat Amb
Many airlines have interline agreements, and here it is just that: a KLM fare AMS AKL part of it being operated by SQ with an SQ number.
Old Apr 28, 2016, 2:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Reading the article, it is not an interline agreement we are talking about here. They already have such agreement for a very long time.
Old Apr 28, 2016, 8:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by Goldorak
Reading the article, it is not an interline agreement we are talking about here. They already have such agreement for a very long time.
Indeed AF (and KL) have had interline/SPA with SQ for years.
Would be interesting to see if they codeshare on CDG-SIN or even to Australia. AF would have to guarantee BEST on the route.
Old Apr 28, 2016, 8:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Early on, DL and SQ had a wonderful bilateral partnership that gave much better award availability for premium cabin travel on SQ than SQ provided to its *A partners. I managed five such RT award tickets on SQ, with most segments in FC on the dates I wanted, in the year or two before this program ended.
Old Apr 28, 2016, 10:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Early on, DL and SQ had a wonderful bilateral partnership that gave much better award availability for premium cabin travel on SQ than SQ provided to its *A partners. I managed five such RT award tickets on SQ, with most segments in FC on the dates I wanted, in the year or two before this program ended.
Interesting. When did it end? You could use DL awards to get FC SQ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.