Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Intl tranfer experience at CDG

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2016, 1:16 am

Originally Posted by JerusalemAsher
I'm arriving from JFK at 8:35 and my flight to TLV is at 10:50. It looks like this should be plenty of time to make the transfer, but will there be additional checks on the way to TLV? Should I count on just having time to make the flights, or will there be time for coffee on the way?
There aren't any additional checks "on the way", there used to be "random" checks at the gate, although I think the last time I took this route was in 2014.
It was as random as I was stopped almost every time, possibly because I was connecting and not departing from CDG, but that is after your boarding pass is being scanned at the gate, so no issues with missing the flight.
1h15 should give you time for coffee, assuming there will not be a long queue in transit security.
Old May 4, 2016, 1:25 am

Originally Posted by skyhighlander
Thanks Goldorak, this does make sense, although I have a feeling that when it comes to non-Schengen EEA countries this is a relatively new development. I usually choose AMS over CDG so can't really tell you when I had transferred through Paris before (no more than a year ago though), but I don't ever recall going through security, so I think it may be down to new security procedures rather than the terminal layouts.

Either way, for me it's Schiphol from now on, with its new central security transferring is a pleasure.
In AMS until last year (before they moved Non-Schengen security from the gates to a centralised location), you would have to go through security every time you board a Non-Schengen flight, regardless of where you arrived from, and also go through security if you come from Non-Schengen EU countries connecting to Schengen countries as the entire Non-Schengen areas was "not secured"

With the new layout, I suspect that is no longer the case.
Old May 4, 2016, 4:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by Ditto
There aren't any additional checks "on the way", there used to be "random" checks at the gate, although I think the last time I took this route was in 2014.
It was as random as I was stopped almost every time, possibly because I was connecting and not departing from CDG, but that is after your boarding pass is being scanned at the gate, so no issues with missing the flight.
1h15 should give you time for coffee, assuming there will not be a long queue in transit security.
eh, eh, this is 2h15, so plenty of time.
security for TLV flights usually add a layer or two of checks.
But once you have the boarding pass in hand and your bags are checked though, there is no problem.
Old May 4, 2016, 5:00 am

Originally Posted by brunos
eh, eh, this is 2h15, so plenty of time.
security for TLV flights usually add a layer or two of checks.
But once you have the boarding pass in hand and your bags are checked though, there is no problem.
Oops, indeed 2h15 which is more than plenty of time.
Old May 5, 2016, 10:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by JerusalemAsher
I'm arriving from JFK at 8:35 and my flight to TLV is at 10:50. It looks like this should be plenty of time to make the transfer, but will there be additional checks on the way to TLV? Should I count on just having time to make the flights, or will there be time for coffee on the way?
There are coffee options everywhere, so make your connection and have coffee near your gate.
Old May 6, 2016, 5:58 am

Thanks to one and all!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.