Wiki Posts
Search

What Version of the 777-300ER?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2016, 7:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Gold, Bonvoy Titanium Elite Lifetime
What Version of the 777-300ER?

Flying CGD to ATL on 4/9. Plane listed is AF 777-300ER but SeatGURU shows three different versions? Trying to see if 23 EF is an ok coach seat?
How do I tell which version I will be on? Yes I know it could change.
Thanks
Old Mar 3, 2016, 12:03 am

Programs: FB Plat for life, FB PC, M&M FT, Hertz President (+ many low tier cards)
You can see the planned seat configuration when you look for your booking on the Air France website.
Old Mar 3, 2016, 2:04 am

Programs: FB LTPE, BAEC GGL, EK Blue, SK Gold, Marriott Amb+LTT, IHG Diamond Amb, Accorhotels Silver
Originally Posted by tuono07
Flying CGD to ATL on 4/9. Plane listed is AF 777-300ER but SeatGURU shows three different versions? Trying to see if 23 EF is an ok coach seat?
How do I tell which version I will be on? Yes I know it could change.
Thanks
You meant CDG, right?
23EF are in the middle section of the aircraft. If you want to be on the window side, I would look for a pair of AB or KL seats.
Old Mar 7, 2016, 8:10 am

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
Along the same lines -- I'm a mainly DL flyer, taking advantage of the Canada business class fares. The AF and KL www site show the 777s I'm flying on to be either 2-2-2 (KL 867 AMS-KIX) or 1-2-1 (KL 2330 operated by AF HND-CDG). Both flights are 777-300s from the respective airlines. Seatguru shows old configured 777s -- 2-3-2 for both flights. I'm assuming that the AF and KL www sites are more updated, unless planes get subbed?
Thanks.
tom
Old Mar 7, 2016, 10:17 am

Programs: FB LTPE, BAEC GGL, EK Blue, SK Gold, Marriott Amb+LTT, IHG Diamond Amb, Accorhotels Silver
Originally Posted by mot29
Along the same lines -- I'm a mainly DL flyer, taking advantage of the Canada business class fares. The AF and KL www site show the 777s I'm flying on to be either 2-2-2 (KL 867 AMS-KIX) or 1-2-1 (KL 2330 operated by AF HND-CDG). Both flights are 777-300s from the respective airlines. Seatguru shows old configured 777s -- 2-3-2 for both flights. I'm assuming that the AF and KL www sites are more updated, unless planes get subbed?
Thanks.
tom
Seatguru has no idea of which actual aircraft operates a destination on a specific day. You can rely on AF or KL websites, knowing that an equipment change can always occur.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 2:24 pm

Does anyone know the seatguru seat map for AF 1583 CDG->MRU on 30 Aug?

The seat map on AF offers seats 12 - 14 as "economy front of cabin" but none of the seatmaps on seatguru show these seats as being available. Some configurations show these as premium economy or business.

This is the closest and recommended configuration:

http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Air...htno=460&date=

But in this configuration row 12 is premium economy (AF is selling this as regular economy) and rows 12 and 13, which AF is selling as economy, are not available at all on this seat map).
Old Jun 29, 2016, 3:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by FlyWorld
Does anyone know the seatguru seat map for AF 1583 CDG->MRU on 30 Aug?

The seat map on AF offers seats 12 - 14 as "economy front of cabin" but none of the seatmaps on seatguru show these seats as being available. Some configurations show these as premium economy or business.

This is the closest and recommended configuration:

http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Air...htno=460&date=

But in this configuration row 12 is premium economy (AF is selling this as regular economy) and rows 12 and 13, which AF is selling as economy, are not available at all on this seat map).
I think MRU is normally served by the high density config (often referred on this forum as "COI" for Caribbean-Océan Indien. This one has only 2 rows of J followed by 4 rows of W and then a huge Y cabin starting at row 10. You may not have access to the front Y rows for seat selection, as they are reserved to Elites pax and becomes available to anyone only at check-in.
The config you linked on Seatguru is certainly not this one, as it has P class and there is no P to MRU. The COI config is available on seatguru
http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Air..._777-300_E.php

You mays also see the AF display in the wiki of this thread (scroll down the wiki to the bottom and the COI config is the one before the last one
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showwiki.php?t=1604744

Keep in mind that SeatGuru is poorly reliable for 772/77W AF cabin maps. Several AF configs are completely missing on Seatguru
Old Jun 30, 2016, 3:37 am

Originally Posted by Goldorak
I think MRU is normally served by the high density config (often referred on this forum as "COI" for Caribbean-Océan Indien. This one has only 2 rows of J followed by 4 rows of W and then a huge Y cabin starting at row 10. You may not have access to the front Y rows for seat selection, as they are reserved to Elites pax and becomes available to anyone only at check-in.
The config you linked on Seatguru is certainly not this one, as it has P class and there is no P to MRU. The COI config is available on seatguru
http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Air..._777-300_E.php

You mays also see the AF display in the wiki of this thread (scroll down the wiki to the bottom and the COI config is the one before the last one
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showwiki.php?t=1604744

Keep in mind that SeatGuru is poorly reliable for 772/77W AF cabin maps. Several AF configs are completely missing on Seatguru
Thank you. This is the only seat map that shows rows 12-14 as available in Y class so it's the best available choice. Hopefully our choice of row 12 will be a decent one unless anyone has specific experience of the aircraft used for CDG->MRU and could offer any other feedback. I'm just seeking to avoid being next to the lavatory.
Old Jun 30, 2016, 12:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by mot29
Thanks.
tom
I am not aware that seatguru shows the plane config for a particular flight.
AF and KL websites do (as Expertflyer and some other websites). So you should get the new seats on both flights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.