Community
Wiki Posts
Search

There's hope: new J seats on A380 in 2018, tender going out soon

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2016, 11:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by BenSDQ
A flight booked for mid-november also gets me the awful old seat as of today. I am however keeping my fingers crossed they will roll out BOS as one of the cities to get the new business (though I believe that is unlikely due to the short flight time).
BOS is already a BEST city, at least it was this summer for the B777-operated flight. Do you still have a 777 in November ? Because, DL is keeping its flight (B763) year-round for the 1st time, so I'm guessing AF will keep their smallest aircraft (A332) on this route for the 2nd daily flight during the winter season.
Old Sep 26, 2016, 3:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by Goldorak
BOS is already a BEST city, at least it was this summer for the B777-operated flight. Do you still have a 777 in November ? Because, DL is keeping its flight (B763) year-round for the 1st time, so I'm guessing AF will keep their smallest aircraft (A332) on this route for the 2nd daily flight during the winter season.
EF shows a daily AF 772 in November and a five-weekly DL 76W.
AF seems a mixture of NEV and BEST depending on the day.
Old Oct 6, 2016, 5:34 pm

What about LH flights booked as OS flight number on a 257 stock? Would that be upgradeable?
Old Oct 7, 2016, 2:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by BenSDQ
What about LH flights booked as OS flight number on a 257 stock? Would that be upgradeable?
I Think you are in the wrong forum/thread.
Old Oct 7, 2016, 11:07 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, LH FTL, FB Gold, LATAM Black Signature
Guys,

I will be flying GRU-CDG-HKG soon, both flights should be 77W with BEST configuration.

I have flown the traditional Cirrus A LOT on both CX and AA. How AF's "lighter" version compare? Is the difference mainly structural or can you feel any difference in terms of comfort and privacy?

Thanks in advance!
Old Oct 7, 2016, 12:14 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
I've flown both CX and AA and I find no difference between them and AF in terms of comfort. Out of the 3, I find AA's version just a little bit more private because of the shape of the seat structure. However, my favorite one is AF because the combination of curvature of the seat, colors, and the texture on the wall,gives me a "cozy" feeling.
Old Oct 7, 2016, 2:37 pm

Programs: FB Silver - STE, BAEC Bronze - OW Ruby
Read an article on AF-KL planning to install Wi-Fi on their fleet, A380 was not on their list to be fitted..

Keep your hopes up sure, but I personally think AF will be dumping their A380's in the near future. They are proving to be not such a wonder as everyone was hoping for at launch (EK not included).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.