50 minute connection at CDG - is this even possible?

Old Feb 26, 2016, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by Fernweh
Thanks Goldorak. Glad to hear it's feasible at least. Good to know we'll be rebooked if we miss the connection as well. Does that still apply if the flight is on time, but we miss the connection because security at CDG takes too long? I'm assuming we will have to go through security given that it's non-Schengen to Schengen.
Do NOT do it !!

A friend of mine just missed her flight today from FCO-CDG-MAN. Flight landed 10 minutes late so making her 65 min connection to 55 mins. That does not include the time it took the plane to taxi and park. Another few mins passed.. and then the very long walk from Terminal 2 F. Bottleneck at Terminal 2F to Baggage Reclaim and another to Flight Connections. Chaos towards Terminal 2E. Arrived at gate where her plane is parked at the furthest gate possible, to a non sympathetic gate agent who initially told her that she should pay for her next flight since she missed this flight because she was 'late' and she doesn't know how to read signage, its not the airline's fault.

AF eventually rebooked her on Flybe. Boarding pass issued. Then when she asked if her bags would be transferred, they said, of course. When at the gate, BE agent noted that her ticket was cancelled and then they issued her a new ticket. Guess what? Upon arrival - no baggage !

Filed report. BE agent in MAN said, of course, AF at CDG would say that. They always say that. BE agent said that her baggage would be delivered tomorrow.

Having transferred at CDG myself, I would give myself at least 120 mins for any transfers even within T2. Don't risk it.

I hate CDG airport. That and FCO airport. ScreamTeam really.
Old May 13, 2016, 8:00 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM
I'm flying from DUB-CDG-SEA with a 1:05 connection in CDG.

The first segment is operated by AF City Jet on an Avro, and the second segment is operated by DL. I've been told that DUB-CDG arrives in Terminal 2E and my US-bound flight departs from 2E also.

Three question:
1. Does this connection seem doable?
2. Also, do most Avro jets deplane at a gate or remote stand? I ask because deplaning at a remote gate will eat into my connection time.
3. That said, even if my flight is at a remote stand, is the transfer generally painless and efficient?

Thanks, fellow FTers!
Old May 14, 2016, 2:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by UVAhoo06
I'm flying from DUB-CDG-SEA with a 1:05 connection in CDG.

The first segment is operated by AF City Jet on an Avro, and the second segment is operated by DL. I've been told that DUB-CDG arrives in Terminal 2E and my US-bound flight departs from 2E also.

Three question:
1. Does this connection seem doable?
2. Also, do most Avro jets deplane at a gate or remote stand? I ask because deplaning at a remote gate will eat into my connection time.
3. That said, even if my flight is at a remote stand, is the transfer generally painless and efficient?

Thanks, fellow FTers!
1) yes but tight ! Do not loose time en-route.
2) yes most of the time, so definitely, it will eat your connection time
3) I would say yes, but in your case the process will not be as "short" as if you were deplaning at a gate with a jetway.
Keep in mind the following :
- you will have to go through security (but not through immigration)
- T2E has 3 different concourses (K, L, M gates). If you are driven by bus to the terminal (from DUB), you will be dropped at the main 2E building (K gates). If your flight to SEA departs from K, then it will be quick. If you depart from L or M, you'll have to take an automatic train to reach your concourse. It runs very frequently. To pass security, do not hesitate to ask to skip the line if you are running short of time.
Old May 14, 2016, 11:37 am

Originally Posted by Goldorak
1) yes but tight ! Do not loose time en-route.
2) yes most of the time, so definitely, it will eat your connection time
3) I would say yes, but in your case the process will not be as "short" as if you were deplaning at a gate with a jetway.
Keep in mind the following :
- you will have to go through security (but not through immigration)
- T2E has 3 different concourses (K, L, M gates). If you are driven by bus to the terminal (from DUB), you will be dropped at the main 2E building (K gates). If your flight to SEA departs from K, then it will be quick. If you depart from L or M, you'll have to take an automatic train to reach your concourse. It runs very frequently. To pass security, do not hesitate to ask to skip the line if you are running short of time.
Thank you for this very helpful information! When I pass through security, I assume that there will be priority line for J or STE+ passengers? It's quite disconcerting to know that AF will sell as ticket with a 1:05 connection time when they know that this connection is incredibly tight and could cause a lot of misconnects and headaches for passengers. Why do they do this?!
Old May 14, 2016, 2:59 pm

Programs: Former DL DM and UA 1k, now a J class free agent (UA Gold, AS MVP Gold)
Thank you for this very helpful information! When I pass through security, I assume that there will be priority line for J or STE+ passengers? It's quite disconcerting to know that AF will sell as ticket with a 1:05 connection time when they know that this connection is incredibly tight and could cause a lot of misconnects and headaches for passengers. Why do they do this?!
Its tight, but doable. There will be a priority line for security. As for which gates it will depart from, CDG-SEA is the main route I fly out of CDG. I've never seen CDG-SEA leave from anything other than the M gates.
Old May 14, 2016, 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by SEA-Flyer
Its tight, but doable. There will be a priority line for security. As for which gates it will depart from, CDG-SEA is the main route I fly out of CDG. I've never seen CDG-SEA leave from anything other than the M gates.
Thanks! The big unknown, then, is where the DUB flight arrives at. I assume it's gotta be Terminal 2E because it's a non-Schengen flight connecting to another non-Schengen flight. I also didn't know that Terminal 2E had different lettered piers. I thought it was just one long terminal . Man, it's been a long time since I've transited through CDG!
Old May 15, 2016, 1:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
When I pass through security, I assume that there will be priority line for J or STE+ passengers?
Yes for sure. Labeled Sky Priority.

QUOTE=UVAhoo06;26625299]It's quite disconcerting to know that AF will sell as ticket with a 1:05 connection time when they know that this connection is incredibly tight and could cause a lot of misconnects and headaches for passengers. Why do they do this?![/QUOTE]
They sell it because it is feasible and complies with the defined MCT. And it is very likely that the immense majority of the pax makes it, so...

Thanks! The big unknown, then, is where the DUB flight arrives at. I assume it's gotta be Terminal 2E because it's a non-Schengen flight connecting to another non-Schengen flight. I also didn't know that Terminal 2E had different lettered piers. I thought it was just one long terminal . Man, it's been a long time since I've transited through CDG!
Yes, as said, you will arrive in 2E, very very likely at K gates.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.