Search

Flight Changed from AF to Garuda

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2016, 9:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP
Flight Changed from AF to Garuda

Hi All!

I'm normally an AA/OneWorld guy... But I'm going to be in Southeast Asia this coming April and saw that Air France was operating the 77W from SIN-Jakarta. So I book that flight hoping to finally have a chance to fly Air France.... Well they cancelled the flight and rebooked me on Garuda... Do I have any options to cancel/change to another AF flight?

Thanks!
Old Feb 2, 2016, 9:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FlyingLaw
Hi All!

I'm normally an AA/OneWorld guy... But I'm going to be in Southeast Asia this coming April and saw that Air France was operating the 77W from SIN-Jakarta. So I book that flight hoping to finally have a chance to fly Air France.... Well they cancelled the flight and rebooked me on Garuda... Do I have any options to cancel/change to another AF flight?

Thanks!
AFAIK, AF no longer flies that tag-on segment from SIN to CGK so they will not be able to reroute you on another AF flight on this route.
Did you book the flight on its own? If so, I would expect that AF would not quibble if you just wanted to cancel and refund.
If the SIN-CGK is part of a wider itinerary, it might me more awkward but you should discuss that with whichever airline issued your ticket in that case.
Old Feb 2, 2016, 10:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP
Thanks for your response!!

Its a tag on: SIN-CGK-SIN. I also cannot access my reservation on the Air France website...
Old Feb 2, 2016, 11:07 am

Programs: AA ExPlat 4MM, AA Life Plat, Lufthansa FT, Delta Basic
You should have no problem getting a refund, if only alleging safety concerns and fear of flying Garuda. This is an airline which, until not so long ago, was banned from the EU on Maintenance and Safety grounds. True, they have been re-admitted, but you can play that card.
Old Feb 2, 2016, 12:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
as others have said you should have no problem cancelling without cost. why you would want to is another matter: frankly, the new Garuda is an excellent airline and would most certainly give you a by and large better flight than you would have had on AF or for that matter on whatever other airline you could rebook yourself into on that route.
Old Feb 2, 2016, 1:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Indeed, it has just been announced by AF that they are discontinuing the tag SIN-CGK for the summer season (starting end march).

Originally Posted by orbitmic
as others have said you should have no problem cancelling without cost. why you would want to is another matter: frankly, the new Garuda is an excellent airline and would most certainly give you a by and large better flight than you would have had on AF or for that matter on whatever other airline you could rebook yourself into on that route.
I both agree and disagree with you.
I agree on the fact that the new GA is an excellent airline. I disagree on the fact that the experience will be better than on AF on this tag. I have flown last november AF SIN-CGK and have been very impressed by what they serve during this short flight. OK it was in J (BEST) , but I believe it is also nice in Y. But again, no problem at all to fly GA on this sector.

Last edited by Goldorak; Feb 3, 2016 at 1:25 pm
Old Feb 2, 2016, 2:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
here is what AF was (or is) serving on SIN-CGK. And it was really good (I took the duck confit). Give me this anytime on a 2hrs intra-Europe flight in C !

Old Feb 2, 2016, 3:30 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinium; All Gold, A3 Gold, Safar Flyer Gold (OW Sapphire)
Originally Posted by Goldorak
Indeed, it has just been announced by AF that they are discontinuing the tag SIN-CGK for the summer season (starting end march).
When can you take AF on this route?
Old Feb 2, 2016, 3:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by AurelAF96
When can you take AF on this route?
last flight on march 27.
Old Feb 3, 2016, 12:01 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

last flight on march 27.
I could not find, but are they stopping the CGK service completely?

It's a pity since I will be in the region end April and was planning on taking the long detour to Singapore, KUL-CGK-SIN to try out both the KL and AF J service.

Slightly OT - but does anyone know what time (and when) can we book the GA CGK-SIN service that continues on to LHR since it is slated to start 31st March. Was checking the GA site - but nothing is listed yet. Might be an option if the timing is right - would love to try the J service of GA on their 777 flagship route.

Cheers!
Old Feb 3, 2016, 12:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by nldogbert
I could not find, but are they stopping the CGK service completely?
Yes, at least for the summer season.
Old Feb 3, 2016, 2:16 am

Programs: FB LTPE, BAEC GGL, EK Blue, SK Gold, Marriott Amb+LTT, IHG Diamond Amb, Accorhotels Silver
I both agree and disagree with you.
I agree on the fact that the new GA is an excellent airline. I disagree on the fact that the experience will be better than on AF on this tag. I have flown last november AF SIN-CGK and has been very impressed by what they serve during this short flight. OK it was in J (BEST) , but I believe it is also nice in Y. But again, no problem at all to fly GA on this sector.
100% agreed with what Goldorak said... As I was sitting in 2L while he was in 3L ;-)

To be frank, the flight was 20% in J, 0% in P, not sure about Y or W when we took it in October 2015.
Old Feb 3, 2016, 1:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by olivedel
100% agreed with what Goldorak said... As I was sitting in 2L while he was in 3L ;-)
OK guys, you are likely guessing that this flight was part of another crazy trip in P we did together . But we had no time to write a trip report (yet ?) !

Originally Posted by olivedel
To be frank, the flight was 20% in J, 0% in P, not sure about Y or W when we took it in October 2015.
I walked around after the meal service. Indeed, nobody in P (but the day before, on my flight CDG-SIN in P, there was another guy in P who was continuing to CGK), J about 20%, W about 50% and Y about 75%.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.