Why no award tickets on CDG-SJU flights?

Old Nov 26, 2015, 1:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: El Al Matmid, Air France Flying Blue Silver
Why no award tickets on CDG-SJU flights?

Hi guys,

I have noticed that AF doesn't offer award tickets on the SJU route.
How come?

I know that they don't fly to SJU on their own metal, but they do offer award tickets on destinations like ACA for example where they offer award tickets...
Old Nov 26, 2015, 2:02 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
Originally Posted by LY777
Hi guys,

How come?

I know that they don't fly to SJU on their own metal, but they do offer award tickets on destinations like ACA for example where they offer award tickets...
Well have you noticed that san juan , even if it is very nice place , attract less people from all over the world than cancun or acapulco ?

About sju not available with awards i guess this is their economical/strategical decision , and also it maybe related with delta

Last edited by fifty_two; Nov 26, 2015 at 2:07 pm
Old Nov 26, 2015, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by LY777
How come?
They do. But you must call.

The online booking tool is optimised only for AF and KL flights. For everything else, coverage is patchy at best. Just because a destination can be chosen in the booking tool doesn't mean you can book flights online.

Call.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 1:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: El Al Matmid, Air France Flying Blue Silver
Originally Posted by irishguy28
They do. But you must call.

The online booking tool is optimised only for AF and KL flights. For everything else, coverage is patchy at best. Just because a destination can be chosen in the booking tool doesn't mean you can book flights online.

Call.
Thanks

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.