Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AF23 and AF17 From JFK to CDG Cancelled this Evening

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2015, 3:32 pm
Original Poster

AF23 and AF17 From JFK to CDG Cancelled this Evening

Anyone happen to know the reasons for the cancellations or have any additional information? My son was scheduled to fly on AF17 and was told the flight was cancelled due to technical reasons. He is currently standing in line trying to rebook although I imagine the rebooking process is something of a mess with two consecutive flights cancelled.

One flight being cancelled due to technical reasons I can believe but AF23 (the flight to CDG immediately preceding AF17) was also cancelled (Don't know the reason).

Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Old Nov 24, 2015, 11:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
No info at that stage but AF022 CDG-JFK was cancelled, explaining why the return flight AF023 was also cancelled.
Old Nov 25, 2015, 6:43 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I bird missing from JFK and the second bird out of service for repairs. Bad luck.

Can the son try to rebook by phone as he's standing in line? (Does he have a cell phone that works in the USA?)

Today is a bad day (day before the USA Thanksgiving holiday) for USA domestic flights, so getting to another AF/DL/KLM international gateway in the USA is likely to be difficult. Given that, I'd explore trying for a connection to CDG through Canada from either JFK or LGA (but allow lots of time for the ground transfer and security), assuming that his travel documents permit admission to Canada. [Note that for transborder to Europe connections in Canada, you usually must go through immigration and enter the country to change terminals land side.]
Old Nov 25, 2015, 10:26 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies, everything turned out pretty well. We live in the US and our son was joining us for the Thanksgiving weekend in Prague. He ended up being rebooked on AF11 and keeping his original onward connection to Prague however he ended up being bumped from AF11 to AF9 which caused him to miss the Prague connection. AF was able to book him on the later Prague flight which he is on now.

Bottom line is he makes it to Prague about 5 hours later than scheduled despite some major disruptions. He was flying on a business award ticket and has no status with Air France or Delta and they were still able to get him to Prague in business.

He said the ground staff at JFK were helpful despite the mess the cancelled flights caused.

All's well that ends well.
Old Nov 25, 2015, 2:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Be careful. He may be on the flight, but hs luggage hasn't arrived yet and that could take more than 48 additional hours, despite all of the AF flights CDG-PRG in the meantime.
Old Nov 25, 2015, 4:32 pm
Original Poster

Fortunately he only had carry on luggage. Had a couple of Pilsners and a few laughs over the vagaries of modern air travel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.